Chapter Seven

Marionette

Welcome to the carnival, my boys! You might be surprised by everything, right? Everyone disappeared and you were trapped… yes, very strange. But everything has his explanation. Let me explain you everything, you deserve it. As you see in the sky, now its eight o’clock in the evening. It has been two hours since the twelve of you started to run into each other. Everything is normal until here, right? I’m sure some of you saw someone disappearing without leaving a trace. It’s normal; each of you were in different worlds. Probably some of you realized that that person disappeared at half past six, maybe seven o’clock. It’s because the alternative world he has been disappears and the person gets transferred into another alternative world every half an hour. Why? Because it’s funnier and there are more chances to meet a different person. Probability? Maybe it’s faith. Also you might have realized that the sky is cloudy. It’s because JongIn hates it but let’s not change the subject. Now you are two groups of six and you now are probably asking yourselves “Why? How can I get off from here?” Well, you’re divided in two groups because you have to compete for leave the circus. How? It’s simple. You will be doing challenges and the winner has the right to choose first the next challenge. You have to get 1717 points or more to be able to travel to the principal alternative world to leave the circus. And why are they 1717 and not 1000 or 500? Because JongIn’s favorite number is 17. It seems simple, right? It’s not; one member of the loser team will lose his power. What power? You’ll see. Alright, I’m not going to tell anything more than the first challenge is tomorrow at nine o’clock in the morning in the high striker. You’ll be proving your strength! Good luck my pretty boys!”

“What the hell was that…?” JongIn and the other five were looking at the sky with the mouth wide-opened.

“I don’t know but he or she knows your name and that’s not cool.”

“SeHun, he or she knows the name of everyone here. Remember the golden plaques? It has your name too.” JongIn replied.

“Oh, it’s true…” SeHun pouted.

“I think it’s more important the fact that we are in an alternative world. How’s that possible?” Chen said, incredulous.

“I don’t know… perhaps that person is an alien or something?” LuHan said, arching an eyebrow.

“How it could be an alien…” KyungSoo said with fear. “I think that person is a young boy. I was a little interested in the creation of that sort of modification voices programs back in school.”

“You’re so cool, KyungSoo!” JongIn said with a wide grin and the other boy blushed a little.

“I’m not…”

“And you don’t think it’s strange that powers thing? It’s impossible to have superpowers!” Xiumin said.

“It doesn’t impress me at all…” LuHan replied. “Everything here is illogical so don’t be surprised if tomorrow you had turned blue or something or you can fly.”

They started to discuss what would be the strangest thing you can be transformed into. Meanwhile, JongIn was deeply thinking but it didn’t last a long time.

“Are you okay, JongIn? You seem out.” KyungSoo asked him.

“Yeah, I suppose…”

“Are you sure? You seemed like you were thinking about something very important.”

“It’s about the things that the distorted voice of a boy said. He knew I don’t like rainy or cloudy days and my favorite number’s 17. It’s really strange, neither MinSoo knows it.”

“It’s true…” KyungSoo started to think but the jealousy hit him. “And… who is MinSoo?”

“He’s my best friend since kindergarten. We live in the same neighborhood so my mother and his mother knew each other very well since then. Why are you asking?”

“Oh, huh? For nothing… I was just curious.” KyungSoo looked away. He was a bit ashamed because of the weird question he just asked the boy.

“You’re not jealous of MinSoo, right? Oh wait, you are! You’re so cute…”

“I’m not!”

“Seriously? You seemed jealous.” JongIn laughed. “You don’t have to; I don’t like him in that way. I leave that position for another person.”

“Oh, I see…” Although he thought he probably couldn’t be that person someday, he was relieved.

“What are you talking about guys? You’re both blushing!” SeHun said to both of them. “We decided to go to the circus for sleep. We should take turns for the guard, who knows what happens when we sleep? Are you alright with that?”

“Yes, we are.” Both of them agreed in sync and then both of them laugh.

“Perfect, then!” LuHan said. “Let’s go, then!”

-    -    -

“And that’s the reason why I saw you disappearing!”

“Now everything makes sense…”

“What the hell are these powers we have?”

“Why I had to be stuck with those jerks?”

“I’m just hungry…”

Everyone was saying his thoughts with the exception of BaekHyun who was just staring at the clouds. He traveled from one alternative world to another? He couldn’t believe it; it was his dream. He loved the most science fiction histories and those about travelling in space and time were his favorites.

“Earth calling to BaekHyun, are you okay?”

“Eh? What?” BaekHyun looked at ChanYeol and blinked. “Yes, I’m okay. I was thinking about the alternative worlds. I just love science fiction.”

“Oh, great. Now we’re arguing about where we should go. You have some ideas?”

“I don’t know… maybe we should go wherever the high striker is and sleep there.”

“Whaaaat? I’m not going to sleep in the floor. Just saying.” Tao complained with a gesture.

“We can search somewhere to sleep near to the high striker, like a trailer or something.” Kris said.

“That’s better…” Tao nodded. “By the way, Kris, I like your tattoos, where you did them?”

“Oh? That tattoo in my shoulder? Well I was in China-“

“Not the one in the shoulder, the one in your arm.”

“I don’t have one-“ But he had. As he frowned he saw six tattoos with different shapes. One was a squared shaped drop, other a thin star, other an unicorn, other a sort of a dragon or a phoenix with his wings spreaded out, other a sand clock and the last something like a flame. “I didn’t know I had them…”

“I have them too.” Lay said. “They are the same and I hadn’t had them before.”

“It doesn’t surprise me, we are in an alternative universe. All of you have them?” SuHo commented, looking at his arm.

“Yes” A lot of voices replied.

“They’re real and I don’t remember having those two hours ago and neither someone doing them.” ChanYeol said.

“You know, everything is very strange here.” SuHo started to say. “Nothing is logical plus the fact that we should start move because it’s getting dark and I don’t want to walk here at night, it’s scary.”

“Are you a wuss or something? How pitiful…”

“I’m not! I bet you’re not better, “Taowhocan’tsleepinthefloor”.” Although he said that Tao couldn’t sleep in the floor, he couldn’t sleep there too with those tons of germs. Who would want to sleep in the floor only to catch a disease?

“I know Wushu, I can defend myself!”

“Whatever you say…”

“It’s true!”

“Yeah, and he can kick someone innocent too…” BaekHyun protested with a pout.

“I already apologized for that!”

“Enough! Let’s calm and start to walk, we’re wasting our time. We have to win tomorrow!” Kris said with his fist raised.

“Yeah!”

And everyone, as a united crew, started to search the high striker. Despite of the fact that they weren’t a united crew. 

 

 

A/N: hello hello! Here you have, a new update! I don't know if this week I can update once or twice more times so don't expect much... Lots of loves and thank you for your support!