Chapter Four

Marionette

“What door do you think it is?” KyungSoo asked looking in front of him.

JongIn and KyungSoo were searching for an exit but it seemed they weren’t having good luck. They wandered around in the place that probably was someone’s house –JongIn and KyungSoo thought that was the highest possibility- for a long time but there was no exit. They found a bedroom with a lot of mannequins and circus furniture and a lot of other places decorated with the circus concept. After going up and down through a lot of stairs, they found a room that seemed the entrance hall.

“I don’t know. Why are two doors here? You only need one” JongIn protested. “This house is full of stupid things, like that fortune teller machine in the kitchen.” KyungSoo laughed at that memory. “We should open one and look if it is the correct and, if it’s not, we’ll go through the other.”

“Fine, but what if in one of them there’s a lion or something?” KyungSoo asked a bit pale.

“It’s okay, I’m here to protect you, remember?” JongIn said cutely. He taught the boy’s hand and he went to open the left door. “Please, a lion no, please…”

What was behind the door surprised both of them. “What the- there’s nothing.” KyungSoo said, puzzled. “Should we enter?”

“Are you crazy? I won’t enter in that dark room or whatever is this in a billion years.” JongIn was a little bit scared and his voice showed it.

“Okay, okay. Close the door, then, and we’ll open the other.”

When he opened the right door, both of them sighed in relief. “It seems that we’re in the circus. Had you seen a big house or something when you were walking with your family?”

“No, I really didn’t see anything big like that house. It’s strange, though…”

Both of them crossed the door and they looked at the sky. “It’s cloudy? Before was sunny…” JongIn pouted. He personally didn’t enjoy rainy days.

“JongIn, look…” KyungSoo said, looking behind them.

“What’s wrong, pretty face?” JongIn frowning saw the worry in KyungSoo’s face and he turned to see what KyungSoo was looking at.

In fact, he was looking to anything. “The house disappeared, even the door.”

JongIn was speechless. One minute ago they were in front of two doors and now those two doors disappeared with the house.

“Also in the sky there’s a clock. Pretty insane, right?” KyungSoo was in the verge of tears. “Hopefully that’s a bad dream and nothing more.”

“Hey, it’s okay, don’t cry. If that’s a dream, for me it’s a good one because you’re here.” JongIn smirked. “And about the clock… at that point it doesn’t impress me.”

“What do you think what’s for? The clock, I mean.” KyungSoo was staring at it. “It seems that soon will be seven o’clock.”

“I’m not sure; it’s a bit stupid putting a clock there if it’s useless.” JongIn looked at KyungSoo. “I think we should search the others. If we’re lucky, they won’t be far from here”

“Yeah, sure. The Ferris wheel seems pretty close from here, shall we go there?” KyungSoo said, smiling. JongIn thought his smile was really beautiful, better than any other he saw before.

With his thoughts, he started to walk beside KyungSoo.

-    -    -

“I think we should go left.”

“Nah, I think we should go right.”

“Nope, it’s left! Believe me SeHun, we went right before and we ended again in the rollercoaster.”

“Okay, okay. But if we end in the rollercoaster again I swear you I’ll kill you!”

“Hey! Don’t be mean to me.” LuHan pouted cutely. “I’m trying to search the exit, like you. You leaded us to the Ferris wheel a hundred times!”

“Alright, alright, sorry. But don’t pout, you’re too cute.” SeHun said with a smirk and then clapped his hands. “Okay then, let’s go left.”

Happily, the two of them went left and, for their luck, they didn’t end in the rollercoaster. They ended again in the Ferris wheel.

“God, why do you hate me so much?” SeHun kneeled. They had been walking in circles for ages; they were far from being good at orientating themselves.

“I’m so tired; I don’t want to walk more.” LuHan said, sitting in a bench. “Let’s rest for a bit and then we’ll search the exit again.”

SeHun stood up and went to sit beside LuHan in the bench with a sigh. He was really tired too. He looked up at the clock; it was going to show anytime soon 19:00. When he looked down, he saw two boys walking.

“LuHan, look.” SeHun said shaking the boy’s arm. “We’re not alone.”

LuHan looked at him. “What are you talking about?” And then he saw them. A tall dark-skinned boy and a little pale boy. Both of them were talking lively, it seemed they were pretty close.

LuHan stood up and started to run into their direction.

-    -    -

KyungSoo and JongIn were arriving at the Ferris wheel when they saw a boy running in their direction. When the boy reached them he hugged both of them.

“Oh God, we’re not alone! I’m so happy!” The boy was like their parents gave him the present he always wanted. “What are your names? I’m here with other boy too. Where were you boys had been the whole time?”

“Hey, calm down guy.” JongIn answered. “I’m JongIn and he’s KyungSoo. We were in a house but it disappeared. Yes, strange, right?”

“I appeared in a magician’s dressing room and when I was searching the house’s exit I found him in the floor. He had been trapped in a display case in a room.” KyungSoo explained the boy. “And who are you? And where’s your friend?”

“Oh right, I’m LuHan!” The boy replied with a wide smile. Then, the three of them saw another boy approaching the group. “He’s SeHun. He found me in the Ferris wheel. We were searching the exit but we ended in the Ferris wheel again.”

“Hi guys! I’m SeHun.” he bowed politely.

“Finally, SeHun. They’re JongIn and KyungSoo.” LuHan said pointing each of them.

“So they’re LuHan and SeHun…” KyungSoo murmured.

“What? Do you know our names?” LuHan asked, incredulous.

“Sort of.” JongIn started to explain. “In the display case room there were other 11 display cases apart from mine. Each of them had names on it and yours were there.”

SeHun was looking at JongIn if he just revealed the truth about the meaning of life. “You’re saying that in a house that disappeared there was a display case with my name? Oh God I’m going to die here or something and then someone will stuff me.” SeHun said with horror in his face.

“No one is going to kill anyone. Look, KyungSoo and I think that in the carnival are 8 more people. We should try to find them and then search an exit.”

“That’s not a bad idea.” LuHan said. “We should try to search in the open zones and then try in the indoor ones. Probably if here’s someone else they will be searching for help or something so they will be wandering.”

“But please,” SeHun said suddenly. “Let’s don’t separate. We were wandering in circles for ages; we lost like a billion times.” LuHan laugh at that.

“Okay, okay. We’ll go together.” KyungSoo said laughing.

“By the way, JongIn, I like your tattoos in your arm. What do they mean?”

“What?” JongIn asked “I don’t have any tattoos.”

“Oh yes, you have.” LuHan replied, nodding. “There, in your arm.”

JongIn went to look at his arm. There were four symbols tattooed in black. One of them was a hexagon with a keyhole inside, other a sort of a wolf, other something that seemed like a paper bird and the last one was more like a cloud.

“I-I’ve never seen them before…” JongIn tried to erase them but it was impossible. They were real.

“Really? It’s not like they had appeared in your arm magically or something.” LuHan said.

Now JongIn was looking at him and he saw the same tattoos in his arm. “Really? Because you have them too.” He went to look at KyungSoo and SeHun’s arms. “And you two too.”

Now the four of them were looking at their arms, incredulous.

“There’s something strange, definitely.” SeHun said.

“No, really?” JongIn said, sarcastically. “You’re a genius, SeHun.”

“Whatever” SeHun pouted.

“Okay, forget about the tattoos.” KyungSoo started to say. “We should search the other 8.”

“Yeah, you’re right.” JongIn said. “Let’s go!”

The four of them started walking in the opposite direction, JongIn taking KyungSoo’s hand and provoking a deep blush in the boy. 

 

A/N:

Yaaay SeHun, LuHan, JongIn and KyungSoo are together!! By the way, the tattoos are like their new symbols -like the ones in the EXO-L website. I want to update every day but soon the school is starting so I don't now how often I'll do it, but I'll try to do it as often as I can. Lots of loves ~