Chapter Five

Marionette

Kris was frozen. He heard a voice but when he turned to see who was calling him there was no one. He was still a little confused because of the situation –he just saw a clock in the sky, who wouldn’t be confused with that?- and the fact that he just left the director’s dressing room where he was tied, and that didn’t help him at all. He was wandering around searching someone and now he was just there, motionless. He only wanted answers, but probably no one would give them to him. He thought that if he heard someone here maybe there will be someone else, right?

He started to walk in the direction of the voice but there was no one. When he was going to give up, he heard someone sobbing behind the popcorn stand. As he approached, he saw a figure curled in the floor.

“Excuse me? Are you okay?” Kris went to touch the figure but before he could the figured turned and he saw he was a boy, crying. The boy stood up, wide-eyed.

“W-who are you?” The fear was present in his voice. “D-don’t hurt me p-please, I’m innocent! I-I’ll give you all the money you want but p-please don’t hurt me, let me leave.” He was still crying.

“What? I’m not going to hurt you. If you were trapped here I’m not the responsible. I was trapped here, too.”

“How I can b-believe you?” The poor guy was trembling.

“Look, I was trapped in the director’s dressing room and a mannequin attacked me with a purple gas.”

“A mannequin attacked you? One tried to attack me too! Probably you’re saying the truth… Unless you planned everything!”

“No! Please believe me. I’m not the responsible of anything. I don’t know who you are and I don’t know what happened either. You have to believe me!” Kris was starting to sound desperate. “A few minutes ago I heard someone calling me but when I turned to look who was calling me there was no one.” Kris sighed. “I don’t know what’s happening here.”

“Well, I saw a boy disappearing in front of me so…” The boy was trying to calm down himself. “Okay, I will trust you, but not because I want but because I don’t have any option and because I saw someone else here.”

Kris was relieved. “Thank you very much. And you said that you saw someone else and he disappeared?”

“Yes. When I went off the restroom I saw someone lying on the floor but when I was going to help him he disappeared.”

“How strange…” Kris started to frown. “I think in the carnival there are more people so we should search them. What do you think?”

“If I can get out of here with that, I’ll do everything. Maybe they know something. By the way, I’m… SuHo.”

“Nice to meet you, SuHo. I’m Yifan but call me Kris, please.” SuHo nodded and Kris clapped. “Okay, let’s start searching!”

-    -    -

“Hey, are you still sleeping?” Chen was getting tired of the attitude of the sleepy boy. “You can’t sleep all day.”

Xiumin started to open his eyes. “Okay okay…” He yawned. “I won’t sleep more, sorry.”

“It’s okay, but we should search for the exit, no?”

“I think you’re pretty.” Xiumin replied. “You’re single?”

“Y-yeah, I’m single. But listen to me!!” Chen started to blush. “We should search for help too. Maybe there’s someone else here.”

“Okay, fine. We should start searching now.” He stood up and he looked at the sky. “It’s now 18:59 so soon the sun will be out and searching will be more difficult.”

“You’re right; it will be hard so we should start now.” Chen said as the two of them started walking. “And tell me, Xiumin. Why do you think I’m pretty?” He smirked.

“Well, because you are. I don’t care if you like me or not but I’m very sincere with that things. If you’re pretty, I’ll tell you and that’s all.” Xiumin plastered a wide grin in his face.

“Oh, well, thanks. I think you’re pretty too. I like being sincere with those things too. I’m sure you and I will be pretty good friends.” Chen grinned too.

They talked until the clock showed 19:30 and then Xiumin stopped walking.

“Hey, what’s wrong XiuXiu?”

He was pointing at somewhere with a surprised face. Chen turned to see what was pointing his new friend and he saw four figures talking.

“There. Persons.” Xiumin blinked a few times.

Chen didn’t thought twice and he started to run into their direction.

-    -    -

JongIn, KyungSoo, SeHun and LuHan were still wandering around searching for the other eight persons who were here, but they were unsuccessful. They already searched in the outdoor zones and they were soon starting to search in the indoor ones. KyungSoo seemed disappointed.

“Hey, KyungSoo, don’t be disappointed. We’ll find them and then we will get out of there.” JongIn gave him a hug.

“What if we search the exit?” SeHun suggested.

“No! What if someone’s trapped here? And I don’t think we could go out from there so easily. It’s a little bit stupid trapping us here and then let us leave the circus.”  LuHan said.

“Yes. We can’t leave the rest of them here!” KyungSoo said in the embrace of JongIn. He started to like the feeling of the company of JongIn; he was the only who understood him there. Probably he was having a little crush on him?

“Fine, fine. Sorry.” SeHun pouted. “But here’s no one! I don’t think they’re trapped inside the circus or something.”

“We don’t know, SeHun.” LuHan tried to cheer up him. “You don’t have to be sorry.” He smiled at him.

JongIn was no longer hugging KyungSoo but he was holding his hand. “Probably if we-“ He tried to say but someone cut him off.

“Hey! You guys, here!” Someone was running in their direction.

“We can’t believe we found here people” He was breathless. “Come here Xiumin!” Another boy was running in their direction.

“Xiumin?” JongIn looked at KyungSoo. “That name didn’t appear at the golden plaques.”

“You’re right…” KyungSoo frowned. At that moment, the boy named Xiumin arrived. “Hi guys! I’m MinSeok but call me Xiumin, please. My friend’s name is Chen” He was smiling.

“Yay! We have two more.” SeHun was really happy. “I’m SeHun, he’s LuHan and that pair there talking are KyungSoo and Jongin.”

“There was MinSeok but not Chen” JongIn said.

“What are they talking about?” Chen frowned.

“Where we appeared there was a room with display cases with your names. There was one with MinSeok but not Chen” JongIn explained.

“Ah… Well, my real name is JongDae. That name appeared?” Chen asked.

“Hm… yeah! JongDae appeared.” KyungSoo said. He was scratching his arm and he saw two more tattoos. “LuHan, SeHun, JongIn, look. I have two more tattoos.”

“Really?” JongIn said. He looked at his arm and there were an S and a snowflake. “I have them too. I didn’t have them before.”

“It’s strange… we have them too.” Xiumin said. “We didn’t have them before.”

“Us neither.” LuHan scratched his neck.

“By the way, you said you had two more. What were you talking about?” Chen asked.

“Oh, right. In the display cases room there were twelve of them.” JongIn explained. “We are searching everyone and now we are 6.”

“So there are more people here…” Xiumin nodded. “We should search them.”

“Yes, we should, but it’s going to be dark soon and, honestly, I’m a little bit hungry.” KyungSoo said. “We should search for some food and rest for a bit. It has been a really hard day for all of us.”

All of them agreed and they started to search the hot dog stand before the darkness of the sky would difficult the search. JongIn thought that it was strange they didn’t found them before being so close but he ignored it and continued walking beside KyungSoo. 

 

A/N:

Hey lovelies! First of all, thank you very much for reading me. It makes me very happy! Also... yay! They found Minseok and JongDae. Soon things will start to change... Lots of loves! ♥