Chapter Ten

Marionette

“You see the computer here, XiuMin?” Chen asked him.

“Nope, I don’t see it anywhere. I don’t think the computer is here, neither at all those standees. What if we stop searching so I can take a nap?”

“No naps, XiuMin… we have to search everywhere.”

“But we searched a lot and we didn’t see the computer!” XiuMin was getting really tired of searching it, he just wanted to sleep.

“We just have to search in a few more standees. If we finish early, we can go to the Ferris wheel and you can sleep.”

“I can sleep on your lap?”

Chen reddened. “I-In my l-lap? O-okay…” Before the other boy could see him, he bent down for search at the lowest region of the standee. After that, he searched at some cupboards and inside the stuffed animals that were the rewards from the game, but the computer was nowhere to be seen. “I don’t think the computer’s here.” Chen screamed to XiuMin.

“There neither!” XiuMin screamed from the opposite standee.

“We have to search into two more and we’ll have finished.” Chen smiled. He admitted that searching was really tiring and he was starting to feel sleepy too.

With the hope of finding the damn computer at the pair of standees that were remaining, they searched through cupboards, low zones and stuffed animals. But the hope was in vain; the computer wasn’t anywhere. They searched everywhere, but the computer liked to hide very well.

“Oh gosh, I’m so tired…” Chen protested. “We searched in vain, I’m so frustrated!”

“It’s okay, Chen. The others will find the computer.” XiuMin comforted him with a hug.

“We should go to the Ferris wheel, then?”

“Yeah, we should.” XiuMin started to walk but he stopped and turned to face Chen. “One question… Do you think JongIn likes KyungSoo?”

As the boy processed the question, XiuMin waited until Chen reached him and both of them kept going to the Ferris wheel. “Well… JongIn seems really protective over KyungSoo and since he stares at him a lot, I would say yes. They’re really cute together.” Chen giggled. “Also I think KyungSoo likes him too. He blushes at all of JongIn comments about how pretty or smart he is.”

Xiumin nodded. “I think that too. And what about LuHan and SeHun?”

“LuHan and SeHun? They seem pretty close. I mean, they’re together since the very start. I think SeHun has a thing for the boy but I don’t know what to think about LuHan. If he likes him, he hides it very well. Also that’s my poor point of view… I’m not really good at relationships.”

“Interesting… and what about you and me?”

“You and me? Well… wait, what? Y-you a-and me?” Chen was a little shocked. “I-I don’t know…”

“You like me?”

“Well… I-”

“I was kidding!” XiuMin laughed. “I was only teasing you. You were talking so seriously about these things that I just wanted to prove you.”

“Prove in what way?”

“I wanted to know if you’ll say you like me.”

“O…kay…” Chen let go a breath that he didn’t know he was holding.

“Forget it.” XiuMin said smiling at him as they arrived at the Ferris wheel.

-    -    -

“You should enter first.”

“What? No way. I’m not going to enter there first. What if there’s a mannequin and it attacks me?”

“What?” LuHan started to laugh. “Impossible…”

“Yes, yes… laugh…” SeHun pouted cutely.

“Okay, sorry.” LuHan wiped a fake tear away. “Let’s just get inside.”

“Fine…”

LuHan and SeHun were surprised as they went in. Hundreds of mannequins were sitting at the stands. “Wow, how creepy…” LuHan said.

“Let’s just ignore them and let’s start to search the computer. Should we separate?”

“Fine, but don’t go too far away from me or you’ll get lost!”

“How could I get lost here?” SeHun tsk-ed. “I can take care of myself.”

“Whatever, SeHun. Just don’t go too far!” LuHan started to search between the mannequins at the left zone, so SeHun started to search at the right zone.

As he was searching, he noticed two empty sits at one of the upper rows. “How strange…” When he reached one of the sits, he saw a key-shaped pendant at the ground. “A pendant?” He said as he took it from the floor. “What’s doing here a pendant? Probably someone lost it here… Hey LuHan! I found a-”  SeHun went blank. “LuHan?” He wasn’t there.

He started to run to the left side to find him, but he was nowhere to be seen. “I can’t believe I just lost him!” As SeHun was going to search into another zone, he heard someone screaming. “LuHan?!” SeHun started to run towards the voice. He appeared in a hall with a lot of doors with stars as he heard LuHan again. The voice came from a dismal door at the end of the hall and, without thinking about it twice, SeHun went to help him.

“LuHan, are you okay?” SeHun asked as he opened the door. There was LuHan, holding in the air a lot of mops. “What the…”

“Help me! Why am I controlling these mops?!” LuHan was in the verge of tears.

“I-I don’t know… maybe it’s your power?” SeHun grabbed some of the mops and he threw them away. “Maybe you can control things. Try to put them down!”

As SeHun said, LuHan tried to put them down and, for his surprise, the mops reached the floor. As all the mops were in a safe place to both of them, LuHan hugged SeHun. “Thanks to the Lord you were here for help me… I was starting to hyperventilate and I couldn’t think properly.”

“It’s okay LuHan.” SeHun blushed a little. “What happened?”

“I heard music and I wanted to search from where it was coming. I heard the music in this room and when I went in the mops attacked me. Thanks to the powers I could stop them…” LuHan stopped hugging him. “I was so scared…”

“It’s okay now… But it seems the music stopped…”

“You’re right…” LuHan looked around him. It was the janitor’s room. “What a mess of a room…”

When he bent down to relocate the mops, he caught the sight of something. It was a computer. 

 

 

A/N: sorry for the delay!! My week's full of exams and I don't have time to write. I hope you'll enjoy the chapter! Lots of loves and thanks for your precious patience ~