Chapter One

Marionette

Silence. Darkness. JongIn wasn’t enjoying any of these two feelings at that moment. Since he woke up he discovered he was tied in his extremities with a thin but unbreakable thread and he couldn’t untie himself. Also he was in a sort of display case made of glass but it was impossible to open or broke.

He tried to scream for help but probably there was no one, and if there was someone, that person probably wasn’t going to help him.

Tired of waiting and screaming, JongIn started to hear circus music. The music was approaching increasingly until the source of the music was in front of him. He stopped breathing because of the fear but the source seemed to move away from him. He started to breathe again and then the lights came on.

He was in a round-shaped room filled of twelve display cases (counting his display case). All of them were empty but one little mannequin was standing in the middle of the room looking at him. JongIn tried to leave the display case and, for his surprise, he opened the door. All of the threads that were tied on him had disappeared and he leaved the display case, approaching the little mannequin.

As he was reducing the distance between them, he realized that the mannequin was really looking at him. When the distance between them was only two mere meters, the mannequin stood and threw a purple gas. It dizzied JongIn and, in only five seconds, darkness came to him again.

                                                        -    -    -

“Hey! Hey!!!! Are you okay? Hey! Please get up!”

“Hmmpf… Mom let me sleep five more minutes please…”

“What? Heeeey! I’m not your mother. Please open your eyes!”

JongIn started to get annoyed because of the voice that was interrupting his sleep.

“Get up!”

“What the-“JongIn opened his eyes and saw the not so unfamiliar face he saw in the circus before. He sit up as he blushed a little, this boy was really cute.

“Are you okay? You were unconscious when I found you”

“Yeah, I’m fine but I have a little headache. Who are you?”

“Oh. M-me... My name’s KyungSoo. Do KyungSoo. I went today with my family to the carnival and in the circus everyone disappeared. I saw you there but before I could move everything went dark. I woke up in some escapism furniture tied with some magical thread. At first I couldn’t escape but some music appeared and then the thread was gone.”

“You heard the circus music too?” Interrupted JongIn.

“Y-yeah. After that a mannequin appeared but I kicked him and he broke in half. It was a sort of a robot-mannequin” JongIn was going to interrupt him again but KyungSoo stopped him. “Let me explain everything, please. After I kicked the mannequin I left some magician’s dressing room and I appeared in this building. Then, exploring I found you here and that’s all”

“Wow, what a story” JongIn said, looking around.

“And what about you?” KyungSoo asks JongIn with his eyes bigger than before, if it was possible. “What’s your name?”

“Oh, yes. I’m Kim JongIn. I went here with my friend MinSoo but he disappeared too. After seeing you and fainting I was trapped in one of these glass display cases” JongIn says pointing back at one of the display cases. “I was tied with a thread too and everything was dark. After some time screaming for help, circus music started to sound and the lights came on. The threads disappeared and I left my position and then I saw the mannequin. I approached him but after I could touch him he threw me some purple gas and I fainted again. And that’s all”

“Wow… Everything’s very strange” KyungSoo said at the same time he stood up and helped JongIn. “And you say you were trapped here?” KyungSoo was conducing himself to the display cases. “It has here your name”

“What? Really? Don’t trick me pretty face”

“Pretty face?” KyungSoo blushed. JongIn ignored him and he went to see his name printed in a gold plaque.

“Oh God. Why is here my name?” JongIn started to panic.

“Oh Jesus…” KyungSoo said in a not so happy tone.

“What’s wrong KyungSoo?”

“That display case has my name and it fits me perfectly if I get inside”

“Fits?” JongIn watched all of the display cases. All of them were of different measures and they had a gold plaque too. “Look, all of the display cases are different. I think they have different names too”

KyungSoo and JongIn went to look at the golden plates. JongIn was right. “Oh SeHun. It’s true! But who are those people?”

“I don’t know but let’s see which names are the lucky ones in the other plaques”

“LuHan” KyungSoo started to read them loud. “Wu Yifan. Huang Zitao. Zhang Yixing. Those names are Chinese, right?”

“Yeah, I think so”

“Kim MinSeok. Kim JongDae. Kim JunMyeon. Park ChanYeol. And finally Byun BaekHyun. Then we have yours and mine. Do you know any of them?”

“Nope, I’ve never heard of them before”

“Me neither… You think they will be in the carnival too?

“Probably, should we search them?”

“Yes but, honestly, I’m a little bit afraid of everything that’s going on”

“Don’t worry KyungSoo, I’ll protect you no matter what happens”

“R-really? You promise?”

“Yep, I promise. You’re cute, you know?”

“I-I’m n-not…”

With JongIn’s laugh, they started to search an exit from the display cases’ room.

 

 

A/N: Hiiii! First of all thanks for the subs. I'm so haaaappyyy~~~ And yeah, KyungSoo finds JongIn (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). I'm sorry it's too short but I have to introduce everyone so wait for the other chapters for that! Don't be shy and comment :D

XOXO 4 u