The masquerade ball begins

Masquerade High School

The day has finally come, the masquerade ball had started but it doesn't beginarrow-10x10.png until 8:00 pm. Everyone was getting prepared with their dresses, suits, and masks.

It was about 6:30 pm and someone comes and knocks at on Izumi's door. 

"Izumi! Are you ready for tonight? Izumi open the door!" says Misaki, the door opensarrow-10x10.png.

"Get ready for what?...." Izumi says tiredly yawning. His friends were at his door looking at him. Misaki then grabes his shoulders.

"Did you just wake up?! Wake up, don't be half asleep while I'm talking to you. It's already 6:33 and the ball startsarrow-10x10.png at 8:00!" Misaki says yelling at Izumi. Izumi just yawns and looks at them. Rin then pulls Misaki away, "Why don't we just help him get ready?"

Misaki was clueless and lost with what Rin meant. "Idiot, he means help Izumi get ready for the ball." Hiro says smacking Misaki's head at the backarrow-10x10.png.

"Oh..." says Misaki sarcastically. 

  While they help Izumi, Sakeo opens the door for Chizuru and them when they knocked. All the girls were in beautiful dress as their masks too.The most prettiest there was Chisaki, her friends complemented her as they walk through the halls. 

 Back to Izumi's room the guys were amazingly surprised by how Izumi had looked without his mask on and just wearing his suit. He looked more mature.

"You look very handsome. Never knew you had this side of you since you'd always have that mask on everytime." Rin says sitting standing up patting him on his shoulders.

The other guys agreedarrow-10x10.png but Izumi still had that plain look on his face.

He gives out a sigh of irritation, "Okay, okay thanks for getting me ready, get out now." He says opening the door for them. As they walked out Misaki reminded him to be at the ball by 8:00.

Izumi responds back, "Yeah", he closes the door, "Whatever..." He walks over to his chair and sits down.

Chisaki and her friends stopped in the middle of them halls and waited.

"Now what should we do till then? The ball doesn't start until 8:00 and it's only 7:20." Chizuru says looking at the time on her phone.

"I'm going out on a little walk then." Chisaki says, with everyone staring backarrow-10x10.png her with a worried look, Sakeo offered to come with her but Chisaki wanted to go alone. She puts on her mask then walks on.

 

 From boredom, Izmui gives a soft sigh, "It's so boring waiting." He says, looking at the clock the time says 7:22. "I guess I'll go out for a walk till then."

He gets up from his chair, gently grabbing his mask he puts it on and walks out the door. From there on, Izumi walks around the school staring off into space and without looking, he and Chisaki bumo into each other. Both haiving there masks on not knowing each others identity, Chisaki stares at him, he gives he a quick glare and apologizes then walks on as if nothing had ever happened.


Finally, 8:00 the ball startsarrow-10x10.png. Sakeo and them were in front of the ball roomarrow-10x10.png waiting for Chisaki. Sakeo looks at her watch impatiently.

"Hey, it's already time, where's Chisaki?" Sakeo says looking into the distance hoping to see Chisaki on her way.

Chizuru, Suki, and Yuki all answeredarrow-10x10.png at the sametime, "We don't know."  Just then Chisaki comes running.

"Sorry, I was still walking around..."

Sakeo gives a sigh of relief, "You had me worried there. Come lets go."

They all gathered and walked into the ball room. Inside people were dancing on the ball floor, eating, talking with friends, sitting, and music playing.

Izumi stares at the sunset as it disappears, "I guess it's time I should head to the ball room." he says speaking to himself. He starts to walk on off into the distance towards the ball room. Misaki and the other guys waited for him at the entrance. As for Misaki, he was waiting eagerly for Izumi with an irritated expression.

"Where's Izumi?! He said he'd be here!" Misaki shouts, Rin calms him down, "Please be patient Misaki."

They waited for another minutearrow-10x10.png and see Izumi with his hands in his pockets walking up to them.

"See Misaki, you just gotta be patien-" Just as Rin was about to finish his sentence, Misaki runs up to Izumi.

"Izumi! You're late! Where have you been?" Misaki says.

Izumi clicks his tongue, "Calm down, I only went for a walk to waste time. Geez..." Misaki gives him a smile and turns around.

"Oh okay, lets go everyone. Well you're on your own Izumi." He waves goodbye walking into the ball room.

"Tsk, then what was waiting for me for then. Just wasting your time." Izumi says walking towards them. Akihiko puts his hand on Izumi's shoulder.

"To make sure you came so you wouldn't get in trouble of course. You know people who don't participate lose their points and it's a huge part of their grades."

"Hmph, that's all? How stupid." Izumi says walking into the ball room. Izumi goes find a place to sit as usual. Just him alone while everyone dances and has fun.

(Just sitting here brings back the same old memories....) He thinks to himself.

Meanwhile, Chisaki stands around watching people too, dancing and having fun. Many guys asked her if she wanted to dance but she refused. As people moved away from the ball floor, she sees Izumi at the other end sitting alone. She remembers seeing him from early with his masks and suit so, she decides to walk over to him. She reaches him and stands in front of him.

"Um, is it okay if I sit here?" She says, pointing at the empty seat she smiles at him awkwardly.

"Sure" he says plainly.

Trying to start a conversation, Chisaki spoke unknowingly.

"You came to the ball alone too?"

"Yeah, every ball I come alone. Coming with a girl and having other girls fight over me is too much of a pain to handle." He says not even looking at her but stares at people dancing instead.

"Oh well so many people asked me to go with them and I'm kind of tired of it so I might not go with anyone at all this whole year." She says trying to get his attention by making him look at her.

"Just don't end up like me....." He mumbles.

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing...just ignore what I said...."

Not knowing that te boy she's talking to is the most popluar boy at school and the son of the chair man she thinks to herself, (I wonder why girls fight over him? Is he a player? No, he doesn't seem like it by the way he talks. Should I ask him to dance? Sigh maybe not...)

Looking at him and without knowing herself she asks him to dance. His mouth opened surprised that she asked him to danced. 

"Uh...no, I don't know how to dance." He says looking staright at her. As their eyes met Chisaki thinks to herself, (Damn it, I did it...it's okay I already said it.)

"It's okay, just follow my lead." She says grabbing his hand.

"Okay..."

"Come on, don't be shy." she says dragging him to the ball floor.

"I'm coming..."

She puts him in position and they start to dance with the music.

(The truth is I do know how to dance. That old man forced me to learn when I got into elementary till middle school. Sigh, I think I still remember the basics...) Izumi thinks to himself dancing along with Chisaki.

Chiaski and Izumi both danced beautifully on the ball floor. People were wondering who they were. Only Chisaki's friends knew it was her but didn't know who the guy was. It was the same with Izumi's friends. They knew it was Izumi dancing but didn't know who the girl was. Chisaki and Izumi didn't really care if they didn't know each other, they just danced until they were tired. As they were dancing Chisaki thinks to herself.

(He said he doesn't know how to dance...hmph he's does no how to dance.)

Izumi lets out a small sigh, "This is embarrassing...."

"It's okay, no one will know your identity since we have masks on."

"Yeah but, my friends do....lets just have fun tonight dancing" He gives a small smile.

(He smiled...) Chisaki says thinking to herself.

 

 

While his friends all gathered and wanted to see what people were talking about the couple dancing beautifully. They all came to shock and all at once, "IZUMI CAN DANCE?!"

"Well this is the first time we seen him smile." Ahikhiko says adjusting his glasses. Everyone agrees with him since Izumi really doesn't smile much.

 

 If only their masks were off would they fall for each other..... staring at each other's bare faces