Mask revealed

Masquerade High School

Finally, there's only one more week left till the next ball. Chisaki and Yuto were walking around campass talking about the ball, Yuto asked her if she was going to wear the pink dress he bought her on their date and she answers with a yes. Same went with Suzume and Izumi. Suzume took the courage to ask Izumi even though she had already been rejected once but, she said she wanted to go as friends. Izumi couldn't say anything else but a yes and went aling with it. By then, all four of them and run into each other. There was an awkeard silence, Chisaki nervoulsy hid behind Yuto and beared her face into his back. Yuto grabbed a hold of her hand and walked past by Izumi. Suzume just stared at them and faced the ground looking at her feet, "They make a good couple right?"

"Whatever....." He says with a sigh. Izumi shruggs his shoulders and walked off.

 

Meanwhile, Chisaki and Yuto were still walking, "Hey, don't you think that was a bit too rude to just walk away like that, Yuto?"  She asks.

"Hey Chisaki....." His back was turned towards her and he sounded serious just like that day he asked her to be his official girlfriend.

"Hm.."

"You...you can forget about him right?"

"Who?" She knew who he meant but didn't want to express it towards Yuto.

"No, nevermind, I'll tell you at the ball."

 She nods her head awkwardly and tells him that they should get back before class starts. They walk back to class, Yuto gets to class first since his classroom isn't too far from the main hall. As for Chisaki, she has to take the stairs. She takes her time up the stair and by the time she knew it, Suzume and Izumi were right in front of her. They were also going to class and since their classrooms are just right next door they were heading the same way. Chisaki silently walked behind them as if she didn't know them until Suzume turned around and asked her to walk with them. She declined the offer and held her hands behind her back. She looks downwards to the ground and takes a peek at Izumi, he was looking at her at the corner of his eyes. He automaticaly looked away and Chisaki went back to looking at the ground. The three came to their classrooms and Suzume waved off goodbye to her, Chisaki just smiles and walks into her class.

 She walks to her desk and sits down. She clenched her hand holding the bottom of her skirt and stares plainly at the desk. The image of Izumi looking at her at the corner of his eyes popped into her head. She shakes her head and takes out her notebooks. Why am I thinking about him right now? This isn't the time to be thinking about him. She thinks to herself. After class Yuto had been waiting at her classroom for her. She walks out of the door without noticing him and he ribs her head.

"Yo." He says with a smile.

"Yuto." With a plain face she looks away.

"What's wrong? You hungry?"

She shakes her head, "Lets hang out some other time, I just wanna go back to my dorm." Yuto notice something was wrong and let her be. He wanted to reach out for her but didn't have the courage. Meanwhile Suzume kept on bugging Izumi and followed him everywhere since the day she confessed to him. Izumi mangaed to ditch her by saying he had to go to the bathroom which he didn't. He ran off to the pond down the hill. He just sat there staring off into the distance and the wind blew along his hair. Chisaki was on her way to her dorm and the pond down the hill was next to the girls' dorm. Chisaki can see him just sitting there looking lonely, she hesitates as she stood there at the top of the hill. Then she hears laughter coming far from her right. She looks and it was Suzume with drinks as she ran down the hill to Izumi. Chisaki just stares at the both of them, Izumi declined the drink but Suzume pleaded for him to take so he did and drank it, he smiled gently and Chisaki walked away. Izumi looks up the hill and swore someone was there but ignored it. 

 Chisaki rushes to her room and lock herself in. She forced her tears to not come out and just took deep breaths. Chisaki has always been close with Izumi but barely gets to see that kind of smile on his face but it seems like he waas starting to like Suzume. She knew that he liked her but why couldn't she accept his confession the first time. She at the edge of her bed and stares at her dress Yuto bought her hanging on the closet door.

 


"Hurry up Chisaki." Sakeo says from the bathroom getting ready for the ball. Chisaki shouts with a yes and puts on the pink dress. Her hair was curled and she had a light pink lipstick on. She also wore the shoes Yuto had bought her, a complete outfit bought just from Yuto for her to wear to the ball. There was a knock at the door and Chisaki went to go open it, it was Yuto. "Ready?" He asks. Chisaki nods her head and puts on her silver mask. Yuto's maks was pure black with feathers at the corner with a unique design carved in on the mask.  

 As for Izumi, Suzume invited him as her date to the ball and he agreed with it even he was going to ask Chisaki but, she was already taken. As the four of them entered the ball, music was playing and people were wearing all kinds of dresses and suits with their masks on and people were dancing and drinking. But the only person Chisaki was looking for was the unknown guy she dances with on the ball floor. The man with a plain silver mask. "Looking for someone?" Yuto asks her as they make their way through the crowd. She nods her head with a desparate expression. Yuto then says that he's going to go get a drink. As he went to go get a drink Chisaki finally spots the plain silver masks guy. She makes her way through the crowd and grabs onto his  arm gently. He looks and smiles, "You must be her." Chisaki nods, "Can I talk to you privately?" she ask. He nods his head and they walk out the the balcony. The night was silent and the wind blew through the trees leaving only the moonlight to shine.

"What did you want to talk about?" He asks.

"Um, what would you do if....if someone you like was with someone else."

Images of Yuto and Chisaki came to his head, "What would I do?" He says in a relaxed tone and took a deep breath, "To be honest, I'm kind of in the same position as you. There's someone I like but, she's with some else I wish she shouldn't be with."

"Ah, really, looks like we are in the same position." She chuckels and Izumi smiles.

"What about you? You guy."

"Me, he really cold and random at times. He would always come to me when ever I needed someone but, he has someone else. The girl he's with really likes him but I don't even know what kind of relationship they have."

"Well, all I know is that I love her, ever since the day I actually had to use her because some other girls annoyed me." He was talking about the day at the beach, "And we became friends, I confessed for her but....." 

"But?" Chisaki asks curiously.

"I got rejected." He says it straight out.

"Ah, I'm sorry, well you can say taht I like him, even though he is cold and random at sometimes maybe that's what I like abot him, his random moments." Her eyes lowered and the air around them became silence. Their situation was basically the same but themselves didn't seem to know it. Back inside the ball Yuto was looking for Chisaki and spots her out at the balcony. He makes his way to the balcony.

"Anyways, who's this girl's name that you like? I might know her." The door knobs to the balcony were slowly turning.

"Her name? Her name is..." Just as he was about to finish his sentence Yuto came with the door open.

"Chisaki. What are you doing get inside it's cold." Yuto says and Izumi's eyes grew wide. A shock came to him.

"Chisaki?" Izumi asks making sure if he heard wrong.

"Yes, my name is Chisaki."

As she was about to turn away to walk over to Yuto, Izumi held her hand tightly and looked downwards. "You're Chisaki right?"

"Yes, um...can you let go of my hand?" He then pulls her into his arms, her eyes widen. As she was wrapped in his arms he slowly took off his masks and let her go. Izumi? She thought to herself. Maybe she wasn't seeing right she thought but then another person came, "Izumi, what are doing?" It was Suzume, she called out to Izumi.

"I'm sorry, I think you got the wrong Chisaki." She says. "Nice meeting you Izumi but I have to go with Yuto." Her voice was shaking and ran to Yuto. Iuzmi was shocked by her answer and didn't know what to say or do anymore, was it really Chisaki or someone else with the same name as her was all he knew. But he thought about it again and knew it was her, she already gave herself away by saying she had to go with Yuto. He just smiles and puts his mask on and walks back inside ignoring Suzume. 

  Later that night when the ball was over he went to go and take a walk. He went to sit down at the pond once again and stares at the moon with his mask still on. He then lies down and looks up to the sky, tear drops were coming down from his mask. Izumi covered his mouth and smiles, "I haven't cried in such a long time...." He whispers to himself.

 Chisaki looks at the mirrior in her room and thinks of Izumi again at the ball. She was shocked herself that the person she had been dancing with was the person she likes.

 Just how will it turn out between them?