One more Chance

Masquerade High School

"Hey Yuto, today's the day we can go back to are normal lives right? The mark on my neck is gone so....."

"What if I can't let you go?"

 Chisaki and Yuto were out alone behind the school building early morning during the cold winter. The mark on Chisaki that Yuto made had finally went away and she thought it was finally time to separate.

"W...What do you you can't let me go? Didn't we promise that I'll only be your girlfriend until your mark goes away?" She says calmly. The cold winter breeze blew and it was suddenly quiet. No words came out of both of them. They just stood there behind that building, not even looking at each other but only the ground. Finally Yuto said something. 

"I like you." He said those words straight out with courage. Chisaki hesitatly looked at him. With no words coming from her, he spoke again, "I like you, not as a friend but......but as a woman. You've always made my heart feel uneasy since the day I took you out on that date. Will....will you go out with me for real this time?" He asks seriously expecting to get an answer from her. Chisaki's eyes looked like she was about to cry from feeling bad.

"I'm sorry....but, you already know who I like. I'm sorry Yuto, really. I had fun being with you but I don't think it would work out if the both of us were actually together."

"I see, so that's how it is. Are you sure you don't want to have time to think it out? I'm serious, I really like you. To be honest, you're the first girl I've actually been serious with." His words just came to her and she didn't know what else to do or say but still gave him a rejection. She apologized and turns around to walk away. Yuto grabbed a hold of her hand and held on tightly, "This feels more like a break up to me. It really felt like we were actually dating but....he still like him even though he has someone else." She shruggs her hand away and wips her tears. It also felt real to her, having a real relationship with Yuto but it didn't feel like one at the sametime because it wasn't with the person she wanted to be with.

 Chisaki gave it her all and walked away. Guilty of giving both Izumi and Yuto a rejection, she didn't know who to choose even if she had to. She likes both of them yet they were different likes. 

 

 She was finally back to her normal life style, hanging out with Sakeo again laughing and talking as if nothing has ever happened between her, Yuto, and Izumi. Sakeo would hesitate to ask Chisaki about what had happened between her and Yuto but didn't say anything. She thought maybe it was something Chisaki never wanted to talk about again. 

 Chisaki would walk pass by Izumi but never looked at him in the eyes. Then, the day came when Izumi thought he should give it a try and confront her himself. He asked Sakeo after school to tell Chisaki to meet at the pond down the hill. Later that day, Sakeo asks Chisaki about meeting at the pond and Chisaki agreed.

 It was around late noon, the sun was about to set and Chisaki made her way down thee hill and there she saw. Izumi was standing there waiting for her as he stood there looking into the distance of the water. He turns around as soon as he hears her foot steps. With a plain look he calmly calls out her name. It was so awkward for her she was about to turn away. But, she knew she had to talk it out after what she said at the ball, she still thought that Izumi didn't know it was her at the ball but, he knew. She stood there as he walked towards her. Once he reaches her, he stops and looks at her then looks away out of shyness. 

"Is....is it true? What you said at the ball that night out in the balcony?" He asks. She gulps and was shaking since he found out that it was her at the ball. She slowly nods her head. He looked at her and was blushing even more becoming hotter even though winter was coming. He continues, "I won't ask you to do anything stupid since you have Yuto, so.....um, I just wanted to make sure to know your feelings but, I see." Her eyes widen and thought, probably he didn't know about her and Yuto separating.  "No..." She was about to say something but then he didn't seem to hear and spoke on, "Anyways, sorry. Sorry for not noticing the fact that I'm always that one leaving and being the jerk. Maybe Yuto is right, he can be someone better for you." Her eyes went to the ground and then was looking back at his words. With no words to say, he continued, "Every time I look at you, you avoid my eyes. Evey time you see me, you're the one turning your back on me. I wanted to give you another chance but I think we should  just go back to the way we were.....strangers who never knew each other on the Masquerade Ball Floor?...."

 A cold wind blew and Chisaki's hair swayed along with the wind. She just looks at him and doesn't hesitate a moment and with a cheeky smile, "Yuto and I were separated a few weeks ago. I thought you would know but looks like word didn't get to you. Um, about going back to strangers....." He looks at her a bit embarassed after telling her all that without knowing her situation. "Yeah?" He asks.

"I....I don't", she lowered her eyes, "I don't think I can become strangers with you. I just want to be friends, even though I like you....I don't think it would feel right if we started dating. I mean it might be awkward since we haven't been-" He interruputs her by walking up to her and gives her a hug and says to her, "Okay, I get it. Let's just stay as friends, but when the time is right, I'll ask again." She blushes as she heard his words, even by the fact that he hugged her out of nowhere. She hesitantly raises her arms to hug back, but she hugged him anyways and thought to herself, 'It's been awhile since I wanted to see his random side, doing things out of nowhere just wants me to give you a chance but, I rather stay as friends than get both of us hurt someday.'

 Since that day, Chisaki and Izumi had been getting use to each other again but, there was still one more person who couldn't forget, Suzume. She would literally look at Izumi secretly as he walks to Chisaki. Basically she was stalking him, she tries to talk to him but he just seems to be drifting away from him even more. She couldn't give up even if she couldn't have him. Until the day the winter camp event came. It was an event where the school goes on another field trip, up into the mountains and do scavanger hunts and play games and mostly hang out, basically like an event you would do with you family but at school. It was more like a winter break field trip with everyone and the teachers. 

 

 Everyone was getting onto the bus and Suzume's goal was to stay in the same team with Izumi no matter what and sit next to him in the bus. Her stalking became a little more of a habit and was almost going way over board as far enough to wait at outside of his dorm. Everyone got to pick their own teammates, 4 teammates in a team. Everyone quickly got into a team. Izumi, Chisaki, Suzume, and Misaki became a team of four by chance since everyone was rushing to pick teammates. Of course the teammated you pick will be the ones helping you with the games so everyone was fighting over the people who knew how to play the games. The teams boarded the buses and once the engine of the bus they were on their way to the Winter Camp Event. Suzme sat next to Izumi while Chisaki has to sit next to Misaki. Chisaki and Misaki were sitting in the seat infront of Suzume and Izumi.

 "Wah! It's been a long time hasn't Chisaki?" Misaki says cheerful as ever. "Izumi never hanged out with us anymore but we didn't care that much, I don't mean that way because he rarely hangs out with the rest of the guys." Chisaki just smiles and at the back Izumi overheard their conversation, "Shut up Misaki." He says coldly. He's back to his normal cold self. Chisaki thinks to herself, 'Izumi would be the kind of guy you would call a Kuudere. It's rare to see these time of guys.' She quietly chuckles to herself. 

(Kuudere- Acts cool or cold and unemtional but shows sweetness later on)

 

It was a long drive and eventually Suzume fell asleep on Izumi's shoulders. Izumi tries to move her head to the other side but it didn't work, he felt uncomfortable when she slept on his shoulders but wasn't when Chisaki did. Chisaki turns her head to see what the problem was after hearing Suzume groan tiredly. Izumi was surprised by the smile on Chisaki's face and felt relief because Misaki had also fallen asleep on Chisaki. Chisaki didn't care very much because Misaki was like a little cheerful kid and more like a kid brother to her even though he is older by 2 months. And so he let Suzume crash on his shoulders.

 Finally they arrived at their destination. Everyone stretched out arms from the tiredness as they walked out the bus. The teachers gatheres up, "Okay everyone, is everyone off the bus!" They shout to get everyone's attention. The students shout with a big 'yes' and get together with their groups. Misaki scratched to back of his head and smiles awkwardly towards Chisaki, "I'm sorry Chisaki, for falling asleep on you." He bows to her apologizing over and over. She stops him saying it was okay. Izumi and stares at them while Suzume just looks up to him at the corner of her eyes and blushes all of a sudden after noticing that she slept on his shoulders. Suzume holds her cheeks hiding away her red cheeks and was deep in thought. 

"What's wrong Suzume?" Izumi asks her.

Suprised once she heard his voice while being deep in thought, "No! Nothing's wrong, lets go!" She ran off to where Chisaki and Misaki were at leaving behind Izumi. Izumi thinks to himself wondering why she was so shocked. He made his way to them as he grabs his bag. The whole school then entered the cabins. The cabins were separated from the boys and girls. Izumi and Misaki went to the boys cabin while Suzume and Chisaki made their way to the girls cabin. The cabin's were really big. More like a mansion rather than regular cabin in the woods. All together their was about 10 cabins. The girls where put in five cabins while the guys the other five cabins that were separated. Inside the cabins were stairs that headed up to halls going left and right. Right down those halls were the rooms, about 10 rooms in each hall with a total of 20 rooms. Each room had one bathroom and two beds. Down stairs had a couches for everyone to sit on and a fireplace. The kitchen was right next to the living room. Luckily Chisaki and Suzume where roommates even though Chisaki was expecting to be with Sakeo but she didn't mind who she ended up with as long it was a person she knew.

 They were placed in the 3 cabin in room 7. They start to unpack their clothes and hangs them in the closet. It was very awkward and silent between them as for not talking for a while after seeing Suzume and Izumi becoming so close. Since it was quite too quite, Chisaki brought up a random conversation about her and Izumi. 

"So, Suzume are you finally getting close to Izumi. You said you liked him so I was wondering how much you guys relationship had progressed." She smiles and Suzume responds back with plain expression, "He rejected me."

"Ah....I'm sorry. I didn't know. You guys seemed so close so I thought..."

"Don't get the wrong idea, I'm still trying even if I still get a 'no' from him and just try and become closer to him than I already am." Chisaki gives her a smile and gives her a good luck. Even though she likes Izumi herself she wouldn't want that kind of relationship with Izumi.

 The female teachers downstairs then calls out the girls to come down to help with dinner. The girls rushes down and start to help. The guys dorm are also cooking. Looks like each cabin has to make their own dinner. After dinner, everyone was pretty much full and tired after cleaning up. But they had to listen for the assignment for tomorrow.

"Sensei, can't we just do the announcement tomorrow?" A student raises his hand while asking his question.

"No, because tomorrow you and your team will be starting this game right when your team gets together first thing in the morning."

The students whines about having to do the scavanger hunt because they were too tired until they heard the award for those who participate and who wins. The Grand prize was cupon to go to a buffet with a limit of 6 people and the participation award was that everyone who participates gets a nice hot BBQ dinner during this winter camp event and hang out with friends and teachers. The awards woke everyone up and couldn't wait till tomorow.