Attempted Kiss

Masquerade High School

 Just like any other day, Chisaki wakes up and does her usual routine. Yuto's mark was barely starting to fade away from her neck as she carefully analyzed her neck in the mirror. She puts on her uniform, shoes, puts on her scarf, puts her bag over her, and  finally gives out a slight breath. She makes her way to the door, Suzume was there waiting. It seemed like she was waiting for a while.

"Suzume? What are you doing out here, aren't you supposed to be Izumi right now?" She asks with a smile.

Suzume puts on a fake smile and chuckles,  "I was waiting for you of course. Lets go."

Together they walked in silent through  the empty halls side by side. Nothing to talk about, it was just awkward. All of a sudden Suzume blurts something out confidently, "Hey, I asked Izumi out." Chisaki's eyes grew quite shocked and stopped as Suzume walked on. "And....?" She asks.

Suzume stops and turns around with a smile, "He said yes." Once Chisaki heard those words she unknowingly dropped her bag.

"What's wrong, Chisaki?" Suzume asks.

"No, nothing. Lets go." She says picking up her bag and acts as if she were ok to walk on. She passes Suzume forgetting about her. Suzume just gives a 'hmph' under her breath and walks behind.

 

They finally made it to the main building where all the classes and students were. Students were going into their classes and talking outside their classrooms waiting for the bell to ring. Chisaki stops in front of her class and waves goodbye to Suzume, "See you later." She says as she enters her classroom. With such a plain face, Chisaki walks to her desk and stares out the window putting her hand under her chin.

(It can't be real right? Izumi and Suzume. Well at least it should be better this way.)

Izumi passes her class and stares at her for a moment and she catches him and he starts to walk on. She chases right after him, she pops head out the door and called out his name. He turns around with a face that seemed annoyed. She changed her mind and shaked her head to him and walks back to her desk. (He seemed annoyed. It must be real then.)

 

During class Izumi seemed annoyed, (Sigh, how am I going to tell that girl at the ball if I wanna ask Chisaki to go with me. Will she get the wrong idea?)

 

Lunch came and as Chisaki walked out of class she sees Suzume and Izumi walk out of their classroom. Suzume sees Chisaki and wraps her arm with Izumi's. "Oi Suzume, let go. I thought I cleared our conversation yesterday." He says looking at her, the look he gave her just made her smile so he just went on with it. Chisaki walks pass them without hestitation. Izumi stops and turns around with a wondered expression. Chisaki walked to a random tree out in teh school yard and sat there. She didn't feel hungry at all, in fact she didn't even make herself food or buy anything. She just sat there dumbfounded covering with her scarf. She lowers her eyes and pull up her knees against her chest and gives out a small sigh.

"What's with the lonely face?" A familiar voice said as foot steps approached her. By then she sees their shoes in front of her, she looks up and the sun blocked his face. He lowerd his body to her and it was Yuto. Chisaki backed away and said in a husky voice, "Yuto Senpai?!" He stares down at her and sat next to her and smiled, "Don't worry, that punch your boyfriend gave me taught me a lesson. Ha....he got stronger." He says them laughs.

She gave him a confused look, "Boyfriend?"

He nods his head, "Hm, isn't her your boyfriend now?"

She shakes her head stares at the green grass, "No, Suzume is."

"Oh, my bad. Well, that is a good thing too." He looks at her with a serious expression.

"Why?" She asks confused about what he was talking about.

He scoots closer to her and slightly touches her hand, with a serious tone he says, "I like you, Chisaki." He moves her scarf a little to see his mark and gives a slight chuckle, "It's still there, lets make a deal?"

Chisaki was shocked to hear him say something like that so easy and wanting a deal. Speechless to say anything she just shakes her head. "Well, I'll say it anyways. Lets go out, you'll officially be mine until my mark goes away. So what do you say, deal?"

"Why? Why me? There are plenty of other girls who would fall for you." She says in a low voice.

He scoots away from her and criss crosses his legs then lays his elbow on his knee leaving his chin resting on his palm. He looks at her with a some what gentle smile, "Why? Because I like you....and you're the first girl I've marked."

Frightened tears came to Chisaki's eyes. Wondering what he will do to her iif she were to agree with him. Will he take her back to the bed or soemthing worse. Then he wipes her tears, "Don't worry, I won't do anything stupid. Can you trust me?" He asks.

(Can I trust him? All he's been doing to me was teasing me to the extent of making it into as if we really were together. Should I? I don't really know him that well too.)

She made up her mind and looks at him with a teary face, "Its only till the mark is gone right?" He nodds his head, "Then, Yuto Senpai" He stops her, "Stop calling me Yuto Senpai, just call me Yuto."

She looks away with a shy face, "Then Yuto S-, Yuto, can you promise me somethings?"

"What is it?" He asks looking her way. She looks away from his sight and blushed, "Promise me that you....you won't touch me in any unnecessary way and don't tease me so much."

He tilts his head and smiles, "Of course." Chisaki looks at his smiling face, it was a different feeling being with him than Izumi. He pats her on the head and stands up from the grass. He takes his hand out for her, "Lets go. Your officially my girlfriend now until my mark goes away." She grabs his hand, they were soft and gentle, maybe because he wasn't being to forceful. He quickly brought her up to her feet and put his arms around her then squeezes her between him and his arms. She started to blush but she didn't know why. Her heart seemed flutter but she thought it was from embarrassment. She walked along side by side with Yuto squeezed in his arms all the way to campus and sees Izumi adn Suzume. Chisaki hid her face into the side of Yuto. He just looked at her then at Izumi and Suzume who were also walking along side. Yuto purposely decides to walk pass by them for the fun of it making Izumi jealous. "Oi, where are you going, Yuto S-, Yuto?" She was still trying to get use to calling him by his name rather than adding senpai along with it. "Just doing what I do. Teasing others." He says. He was  talking about Izumi.

 They walk pass by Izumi and Suzume, Izumi stops and takes a closer look behind him. "Yuto." He says loud enough so that he can hear. Yuto stops and turns around with Chisaki. "Don't even bother saying anything Izumi. She is mine officially, just like you girlfriend standing right next to you." Yuto said what he wanted to say and walked on forward. Izumi was confused when he thought that Suzume was his girlfriend. But what shocked him even more was the Chisaki was calm around Yuto. 

 After school, it bothered Izumi so much that he called Chisaki to meet at the pond down the hill. It was around 3:00 when they met up. Chisaki stood there looking at the water holding on arm. While Izumi stood in front of her staring straight at her. Then he started, as he opened his mouth to speak the wind blew and Chisaki started off first.

"Izumi? Are...are you really with Suzume?" She asks looking at him waiting for his answer. He was now aware of the situation, "No, why would you think that? I...I like you. Why, are you with Yuto?" He asks anxiously waaiting for her response. She nodds her head, "Hm...."

He was dumbfounded. A silent atmopshere came between them. "Then, I'll see you around Izumi...." She turns around and waits for a few second, "Looks like I'll be the first to walk away now huh, your back was always what I see when I come to you are when you leave me." She takes a step but then Izumi grabs her hand from behind and draggs her towards him but she refuses making them fall to the ground, Izumi was on top of her. He looked at her in the eyes and both were blushing. His heart was racing and his blood felt like it was rushing through his whole body. She looked away from him and he couldn't control himself. He went for it, he slowly caresses her cheek and leans in closer to her. Chisaki's heart was beating so fast that it felt like she skipped a beat every second. Her eyes widen as he leaned closer. Izumi's eyes were getting lower and lower by the second.

Once she felt his breath against her lips, she uses all her strenghts to push him away. He rolls next to her and she gets up and starts to run away. She disappeared from his sight and he felt like a total jerk. He touched his forehead with his palm and looks up at the sky.

Chisaki makes her way back to her room and sits on the bed. It was silent, Sakeo was out at her family and she was alone. She felt to alone, her hands were shaking as she reaches to touch her lips. "Almost.....almost my first kiss with the boy I like, yet I couldn't do it."

And both Izumi who was looking at the sky and Chisaki who was in her room shaking touching her lips lightly both said, "I'm such an idot....."