Friends?

Masquerade High School

The last day at the beach, the whole school was planning to do a bbq and make that day the best day for eveyone. Chisaki was helping by lifting boxes filled with meat. Forgetting all about Izumi she went off working, helping the other students with boxes. Carrying the boxes was exhasting to do one after an other, so Chisaki decided to take a break and walked over to a tree. She laid down staring off into the sky. "How pretty the sky is."

"Really?" A low voice came from the other side of the tree. Surprised the voice Chisaki sat up striaght and sees Izumi with a smirk on his face.

"What the....it's just you ert."

"Isn't that going a bit to far?" He hands her a new bottle of water. "Here drink this. You must be tired from lifting those boxes."

"Were you following me?" She asks recieving the bottle of water.

"No, I was already here. You're the one who came."

"Ah....well thanks for the water I need to go back to work for the BBQ."

Chisaki stands up and walks off with a smile. Feeling a bit surprised for not noticing him there and just leaving like that she felt a bit bad. Also they still don't know each others' name at all. So on the helping became easier once students actually started helping. The faster they work together the faster the BBQ can get going and cooking. In the end Izumi helped out of boredom. It was around eight pm and the BBQ was almost ready, Chisaki was at the back of the hotel walking with stackes of boxes. As for Izumi he also had his arms full of boxes filled with trash. They couldn't see each other from all the things they were holding and ended up crashing into each other. some boxes went over Chisaki's head and some hit her head. 

"Ow.." She say slightly rubbing her head.

"You okay?" He asks looking at her as they both sat on the ground.

"Yeah."

He helps her up giving her a hand and carries the boxes for her instead of the boxes filled with trash.

"Thanks."

"No problem.."

Walking back awkwardly, quietly, and slowly the aura was a silent of awkwardness. Trying to pick up a conversation Chisaki hesitates.

"I'm Takashi Izumi." Plainly out of no where. 

"Uh...um, I'm Kazuki Chisaki." (Well it took forever for us to know each others' names)

That's as far the conversation went and it became silent once again. Now knowing each other's name they didn't eve talk to each other. Finally reaching the BBQ, Chisaki meets up with her friends and comes ack to her senses. Izumi places the boxes by the grill and walks back to pick his box of trashes. Chisaki watches him from afar and grabs a plaate of food. She quielty follows him behind the building to give him the food. Looking around but couldn't find him anywhere, she then sees someone legs from the trees and thought it might be Izumi. She walks towards the tree with the plate of food quitely trying to sneak up on him.

"I know you're there Chisaki."

She stops and sitts next to him. "How did you know?"

"Idiot, it's obvious that I can smell the food too."

She puts the plate right beside him, "Want some?"

"No I'm fine." He changes his position from sitting to laying down and turns his back towards Chisaki.

"Are you going to sleep? Right here right now?" She asks looking at him with a weird look.

"Nope, I just don't want to see you."

"Mean. At least eat." He chuckles. "What are you laughing about?"

"No. I just thought that you'd react in a different way."

He sits up and picks up the plate of food and starts to eat it. He thanks her and continues to eat. He was even nice enough to give her a piece of meat. They awkardly laugh throught out that night. Still confused if they were friends or not they became a bit closer together but still don't know each other's identity from the ball.