The start of miserable days

The Starcrossed Lovers

KRYSTAL'S P.O.V.

I went inside the house and giggled for a while. What I just did was so unbelievable and that's because I've change. Ever since I met kai, I started to live a normal life. Everything is just so perfect now and I can't imagine what my future will be like!  I hope Kai one day proposes to me in the beautiful night sky while we're wearing fancy dresses and suits. That would be a miracle come true. I fell asleep to the thought of that. Next morning, I wake up and look at my finger. There it still was, the ring that the old lady had given to me and another to Kai. So everything that happened last night was real and not just a fantasy. I got up and brushed my teeth then I went downstairs. To my suprise, Kai was standing next to my parents and said, "Hey jagiya! Just having a chat with your parents!"

"Hi?", I said confused. "Why are you here?" 

"Today's my birthday!", he said so cheerfully. "I hope you can buy me a gift later."

"I never even bothered to know when you birthday was....", I said so disappointed. After all these years I've loved him, I never knew the day he was born. That day that gave me a reason to live. "Im sorry."

"It's okay. It's my fault for not telling you. Since today's sunday, we can go hang out again. I'm also having a party tonight at 6:30. I hope you can come." 

"No duh. I live right next door to you. But I don't have anything to wear and I don't have my parents permission to go." I stared at them in hoping to say yes. 

My mom says, "Ok but only since we're going to over work tonight. Your dad and I are planning to put a project together. And you can buy a dress when you buy a gift for Kai."

"Yesss!", I said and kissed my parents cheeks. "Thanks mom, thanks dad!" I grabbed Kai's hand and ran out the door.

"Aren't you going to eat breakfast?!", my dad shouted. "Or change?!"

"Im too excited to. I'll see you guys tomorrow morning! Bye!" I said already pass the gates. I looked at Kai with a really big smile. "So what do you want as your present?"

"I was hoping maybe a new pair of clothes, a watch, or shoes maybe", he said trying to sound spoiled.

We stopped running to catch our breathe. Then I said, "We'll see when we get there Mr. Showoff." He and I started laughing. When we got to the mall, I spotted this shirt that would look perfect on Kai. It was a long sleeve white shirt. I think black pants would look good with that. So I started searching for a pair of pants. After I had the white shirt and black pants, I bought it then went to the next store with Kai right behind me. This store was full of watches and some bracelets. As I looked through, I found a dark blue watch and bought that. As I turned around, Kai had a dark blue looking bracelet in his hand. 

"How about you buy this jagiya?", He said smiling. "It's for you to wear."

"Ok. I need some jewelry to make my outfit look good." So I took it from him and went back to the counter, then made another purchase. "Ok all done. Let's go home and wrap these."

"You don't need to do that. I already saw them", Kai said confused. I just shrugged and we started heading back home quietly together. When we got home, I gave the bags to him and wished a happy birthday. Then I went inside and decided to take care of the pupps because their mom wasn't. Vivi and Jae were fighting over a stick in the back yard. The things I do for these dogs.... I went into the room and found that they were all asleep. So I nothing to do for the next 4 hours but to play with Vivi and Jae, then do the rest of my homework. I took a shower and realized it was time to go to the party. I had forgotten to buy a dress but I again remembered the white dress and black high heels from yesterday. I put them on and quickly blow dried my hair. I put on the blue bracelet and the ring the lady had given us from yesterday. Then left the house.

KAI'S P.O.V.

I put on my white shirt, my black pants and shoes, then my watch. "Who's going to have fun tonight? You are", I said to myself in the mirror.

As soon as I went downstairs, I heard a people saying, "surprise!" That scared me and literally almost gave me a heart attack. But the pain did not come up. Weird. "Happy birthday Oppa!", Krystal said running up and hugging me. 

"Hey Kai!", I heard Baekhyun saying. "Happy birthday!"

"Hi Bacon!" I replied back. He never really liked that nickname.

"Ya! I told you to stop calling me that....", he said getting angry. "Well I won't give you noogies today since it's your birthday. Birthday punches instead!" He punched me so many times I swear my arm could have fallen off. 

"Oouucchhh.....", I said. "Ya you know about my condition. The punching is not going to make it any better." I had to whisper so Krystal couldn't hear. 

"Oh right. Kai, I hope you told your girlfriend. If she finds out late, she's going to have to live with that guilt for as long as she lives", he while his phone rang. He stared at Krystal and said, "Annyeonghasaeyo, nice to meet you I'm one of Kai's friends. My name is Baekhyun. And I know your name is krystal. It's so cute the fact you guys are wearing the same thing." We looked at each other from top to bottom.

"Oh hi!", she said excitedly. "It's nice to meet you too." His phone rang again. "You should probably pick that up." He nodded his head left the house. I don't think he ever came back. After the party and cutting the cake, me and Krystal decided to go back to our own house and relax. But before I dropped her off..... "Kai?"

"Yeah Krystal?", I said staring into her eyes. 

"Saranghae...", she leaned towards me and we kissed for a couple of seconds. This kiss was something we really meant. The first real kiss on my birthday and before I leave this world. We broke it and walked to our places. "My bracelet! Oh there it is! Darn it! I just kicked it to the street." As I walked I looked back for a moment and saw something, that scarred me for life. As she picked it up, two big lights lit up her face as it got closer. The sound of something screeched. "Ahhhhh!" 

"Krystal! NOO!", I tried to grab her but I fell down clutching my heart from shock and my other hand reaching out to her. Instead I witnessed everything that happened.

That last thing I heard from her was her scream before a loud thud. And the last thing I had seen before everything turned black was blood pouring out from underneath a tire with a bloody hand stuck out next to it.... And I looked at my hand which was covered in it too. Krystal... I closed my eyes hoping it was all just a nightmare.....