My only comfort

The Starcrossed Lovers

KRYSTAL'S P.O.V.

When we were at the end of the stairs, I heard a crack below my left foot, and I fell. I accidently grabbed Kai's tie instead of the railing. His lips touched mine, but his and my eyes were wide open. He's kissing me!! So long friendship..... I bet he's never going to talk to me again. What if he knows that I like him?!! Oh no.... 10 seconds into the kiss, he broke it. Kai brought me back up while looking awkward. "What just happened?", he asked. 

"I don't know, I...",I looked down and saw my legs uneven. "Oh. One of my heels broke. Ottokeh, these were a pretty pair too."

"It's okay. I buy you a new pair", he said again still looking uneasy. 

"Well I guess I'll get going", I said with a nervous smile. I turned around, but stopped as soon as I heard Kai's voice.

"Are you seriously going to walk like that to your house?", he said while smiling. 

"Is there any other way?", I asked.

"Yup", he said, then grabbed the broken heel, gave it to me, and before I knew it, I was off the ground. 

"Ya, why are you carrying me? My house isn't that far away!", I said surprised again.

"Im trying to save you the pain", he said. Wait, hasn't he said that before somewhere else? The answer popped up in my head. While he was carrying me to school the day I scraped my knee, but why did he say that again? I wonder....

"Oh, well um thanks..", I said. 

"Well here we are! At your house", he said cheerfully. Kai carefully put me down. "Okay well, I got to go. My parents might be curious to where I am. Byeee Jagiyaa!", he said.

"Wait, what did you just say?! I'm not your jagiya...", I said blushing alittle.

"I know. I was just kidding. Well bye!", he said closing the gates and left. I opened the door and found Jae barking at me and tugging on my dress. 

"Ya Jae, what happened?", I followed to where he was going. He went to vivi's and his room. Vivi wasn't moving as much and her belly was enormous. I saw the dog bowl was still full. Why has she ate yet. "Vivi! Are you okay? Vivi! Jae go get me the phone!", he scurried off in search to find the phone. 30 seconds later he showed up with it in his mouth. "Good boy", I said proud of him. I dialled my oma's number. "Oma! You have to come home quick! Vivi's not feeling too well. She hasn't been eating anything and her stomache is huge! Please hurry back!", I was panicking. I loved Vivi and Jae too much for them too get sick. They havent been with me for a along time, but they still understand and love me as the way I do to them. I better wait outside. 

KAI'S P.O.V.

When I was carrying Krystal and before that when she kissed me, I felt that weird feeling grow even more. It felt good. I started to realize that Krystal might be the one for me. I can't do that now because we just became friends. I think it would be weird if I were to confess to her now. When I got back to my room, I felt alittle dizzy and eventually my chest started to hurt alot again. I looked for the pills inside my pockets found it, took a couple of it and swallowed it. "Oh man, I don't want this thing to get in the way of me and Krystal", I said to myself. "And I don't have much time left." I went to sleep not even caring that I was still wearing a suit. I woke up 25 minutes later to the sound of a car rolling in next door. It must be Krystal's parents. So I tried falling asleep again. But the minute I did, I heard crying and that sounded like Krystal. I got up quickly changed into something else and ran outside. I saw her standing there crying while seeing the dog with the huge belly stomache being put in the car laying on its side. I ran to hug her.

"Kai..", she said while gently putting her head on my chest. I could see her parents looking at us. They were surprised and I knew why. This is the first time she's ever had a friend maybe even a boyfriend throughout her life. I again was like that in middle school. But I changed my whole look because of what other people think. It wasn't the right thing to do, but either that, or I would have died. I snapped back into reality when I realized Krystal wasn't crying any more. I looked down and her eyes were closed. 

"Well someone hasn't got any sleep either", I said to her even though she was asleep. I carried her again, and I think lately, I've been getting stronger from carrying her so many times. I found her room which was a lavender color. I laid Krystal carefully on the bed and covered her with a blanket. I starred at her for a while remembering the cute face she had before. I looked around and saw a picture. It was picture of me. That's when I saw it was stuck onto a collage. I took a closer look and saw that there words written like "handsome, smart, talented, he has it all! My only true love since 1st grade, Kai!" She loved me for that long?! "Wow" I said to myself. "I guess we're both crazy about each other, but it won't last long. We will stay as star-starcrossed lovers forever." I left the room and as I walked I saw a dog come up to me. I had forgotten Krystal had another dog. This one was the plain chubby one. "Hey there little guy, you should be in bed. What are you doing here?", I said as I scratched his ears and playing with his cheek. "You are one playful dog aren't you?" I saw a little heart on the top of his left leg. "Your a special one aren't you?" He started barking more.

"Jae...", I heard Krystal say. "Come here boy!" As soon as I heard her, I ran across the hallway and out the door. I went back to my house. I went back to bed to the thought of the dog who was so playful and adorable. I fell asleep...

DREAM 

"Kai, why didn't you tell me sooner? I never knew this."

"What was the point if we only had a month together?"

"I've loved you for many years and I only find out now. How could you not tell anyone?"

"Look I'm sorry, but arguing about this is wasting time. 

 

DREAM 

"Look I'm sorry, but arguing about this is wasting time. Just bear it with me."

"I can't do this. Good bye forever Kai."