Take it to the coffin

The Starcrossed Lovers

KAI'S P.O.V.

As soon as I broke the kiss with Krystal, a sudden shock ran through me, and not because of her. My heart felt like it was going to break down any moment and all i could do was walk quickly out of the church with my new bride smiling. My parents and my brother could see something was wrong with my facial expression and so they went up to our new car to meet us. "Kai, whats wrong? Is your condition worsening?", Oma said about to cry.

"Its getting worse", I muttered as Krystal got me in the car.

"Okay, we'll meet up with you guys in a bit", Krystal's dad said as her mom was starting to tear up. "We'll wrap up everything in the church and then come to the hospital."

So my parents sat in the front seat and Krystal and I sat in the back. A few minutes later when we got to the hospital, I could barely move. So the doctor brought me out with a stretcher and evetually got me into another room. Krystal cried again. I cant do anything for her anymore. All I do is make her unhappy. "Krystal, Im sorry for all those times you cried for me. I only caused you pain in your life after you met me."

"Kai, thats not true... Before the accident, you were the first person to talk to me nicely and to accept me for who I am. We hung out, met a few other friends, and im not the same nerdy girl you see now. You changed my life and Im happy for what you've done.  You gave me hope to always move on even when I was the only girl sitting at a lunch table, or doing projects by myself as a little girl. I will encourage you like you did for me. " She stood up and put my hand on her stomach. "So will our child."

I thought about everything that happened this past month. How many good days and bad days passed by. I never thought that I could be happy in life. But who will take care of Krystal when I'm gone? She can't be alone especially this early in life. "Krystal, promise me that you'll find a guy who'll treat you the same way I do. And love you the way that I do."

"Then did you think I was planning to stay single for the next 60 years of my life?", she said trying to make me laugh. We both laughed alittle and then died it down. "Yeobo, i hope that we'll meet again in another life and we'll both be happy."

"I hope so too", I said. "I have to tell you something. But you'll have to take it to the coffin. Remember when I kept saying,"I'm saving the pain?" She nodded her head. "Well, that had to do with my first love. When we both were younger, we hung out a lot. We always went to the park and flew kites around like any other kid. I found myself growing in love with her. One day I confessed to her and she said she already knew. She enjoyed playing with the hearts of other because that's how you can control them. Before I met you, I practically did the same thing. But I wasn't sure if I felt like doing the same thing to you too. So I said it just in case." 

KRYSTAL'S P.O.V.

"Your only telling me this now?", I said shocked. "I actually believed in you.  At least you knew when to stop otherwise you would've gotten a kick where the sun doesn't shine too brightly. " We laughed again.  "Kai just now that even if I do get married again, the relationship is just to take care of our child."

Kai started clutching his heart and his face looked like it was turning blue so I called for help. "Krystal, don't..." He grabbed my hand. "There's no point in calling them. I'm going to die anyways."  But a bunch of doctors came rushing in  the room and asked me to step aside. 

"We need to take him to another room quickly!", said the surgeon. Kai calmed down and yet looked like he was struggling.

"Doctor, then nothing we can do right now. It's too late now", said a young doctor. He looked like he was in his early twenties. "Just call the rest of the family members inside so they can talk." He stared at me for a moment with his eyes big. Then he left along with the other doctors. I wonder what that meant. Our parents came rushing in through the door and so did Kai's brother.

"What happened?! Kai are you alright?", Kai's dad said as they hugged each other. 

"I'm okay for now", Kai said. "I need all you guys to know that  I will always be grateful to the parents, who raised me and the parents who raised Krystal. Thank you for all the love I got from my hyung. I'm so happy to meet a girl like Krystal whose obedient and caring. I believe that all of you will continue to be happy after this child is born. Then only will I be able to be free and be  happy too when I'm gone. I'll miss all of you." Kai calmly let himself fall back on his bed.  And we were thinking, is he leaving this world right now? We're staring closely and he opens his eyes. "What do think your doing right now? I'm just sleepy." We were so relieved. So for the next few hours, everyone took turns  watching Kai for the rest of the day. Oma had to go back home  so she could feed the dogs but came right back. I know should be eating food and Kai could see I was getting skinnier. "Go eat something so you and the baby dont starve." 

"What about you?", I said looking  worried. 

"Do you want the baby to die too?", he said and I nodded no.    I went to get some salad and a fruit shake and soup for Kai. I saw a woman in a wheelchair holding her baby and the husband next to them. I wish my new  family could look like that. I went back to the room with the food and found Kai walking towards me.  He hugged me and said,"Krystal, I love you." I dropped my stuff to bring him  to his bed but he wasn't moving. "Kai... Kai.. Kai!" Everyone came in and had their heads down. No..... "You can't leave like this. You need to see our baby! You never listened to its heartbeat." I felt like liquid was running down my legs. Soon everything was spinning around me and it turned black. What's going on? Oh no... The baby...