A new friend and the truth

The Starcrossed Lovers

KRYSTAL'S P.O.V.

I wake up finding myself in a white room. As my vision became clearer, I saw that I was lying in a small bed, with huge windows on my right side and a door on the left. As I slowly got up, the door opened and heard people screaming my name. "Krystal! Honey! Thank god your awake! My poor baby", my mom came rushing towards me seeing tears in her eyes before she hered me in hugs and kisses. My dad gave me a kiss on the forehead and hugged me too.

"Oma! Apa!", I said as my eyes got watery. "Im so glad to still see your faces!"

My mom wiped her tears. "Krystal, what happened last night? I got a call from Kai's parents saying that you were with him when the incident happened. He was also on the ground even though he had no injuries on him. Unless....", my parents stared at each other.

"Unless what?", I said wiping my years away and suddenly curious. Then I remembered. Kai had a hand clutched to his heart before he collapsed... "KAI!", I said screaming and crying again. "Wheres Kai?! I need to see him now!", I said getting up out of bed. As I tried to stand up, I fell right back on the ground. "My head!", I said staring at oma and apa. "Whats going on?" I nearly fainted but they caught me before I could fall.

"Krystal", my dad said. "When that truck hit you, it made such an impact, that your brain is.... Really weak." My dad said as they both put me in bed.

"So your saying I wont be able to do anything?", I said starting to cry. "I can't continue my life?" They just stood there and stared at me. Im useless if I stay in bed all day. I cant go to school, I cant get a life, and I wont be able to see Kai when I want to.........

"No one said that. Its just that a part of your brain was so shocked it shut down on its own", the doctor said as he entered through the door. "But it isnt a good sign because if one major part of the brain shuts down, the rest of it slowly will too."

"Doctor!", my oma said like she was begging. "Is there any way for her to live?! I need my baby in order for me to live too!"

"Unfortunately, there isn't anything we could do. Unless, she wants brain surgery. But there is a very high chance that it could be fatal", he said.

"My baby...", oma said as she almost fainted but apa caught her. "How long is she going to live?"

"Not long. Her brain is strong as it can be for now. As the hours go by, she will slowly start to feel colder and  lose her ability to focus, then feel dizzy. She could possibly lose her memory too. When it happens, she will have to stay in bed, or stay in a wheelchair. That's all we can do for now", he said as he looked up from his chart and looked towards me. "Im sorry miss." He walked out of the roomed leaving a chill behind. I just shivered.  Its already happening...... I need to see Kai before anything happens. I look towards my parents.

"Oma, apa. Please do this one thing for me. We dont know how long im going to live. So please..... Help me find Kai."

They nodded their heads and left the room already starting to call people. I slowly picked up myself into the wheelchair near by and nearly slid off. Then I felt a hand catch me before I could completely fall off of the bed. "Whoa there, calm down. You could have asked someone to stay with you if you need to go somewhere. I hopingly looked up in order to see Kai in front of me, but instead I see a stranger. She looks so beautiful..... "Uh your welcome. Why are you staring at me like that?", she said alittle creeped out. 

"Oh sorry. It's just that you look so naturally pretty", I said losing my googoo eyes. "Annyeonghasaeyo, my name is Jung soojung. Most people call me Krystal", I said laying out a hand for her to shake. 

"Oh thanks. My name is Min Hyo rin. I have no nickname", she said while smiling and shaking my hand. "It's nice to meet you." She looks around alittle and asks me, "So why are you here in the hospital?"

"Oh uhhhh, I was in a truck accident. Because of it, it did major damage to my brain. A part of it was so shocked it shut down by itself. So the rest of my brain will too. I only have a few days so we won't be friends for long."

"I bet you I will leave this world before you do", she said turning her back towards me.

"Why? Is there something wrong?", I said just staring at her back now.

"I have lung cancer. I'm already on the last stage", she said crying. "You might not want to be with me if I tell you this, but it's better not to lie." She took a deep breathe and said, "The reason why I have lung cancer is because I smoke. I had friends who did it first and they convinced me to try it too. It was weird at first but I got use the feeling. The next few months were fine until one day, I thought felt my liver had ripped and dried up. It wasn't a good experience and I swore I would never do it again." She turned towards me. "Im keeping my next life a real healthy one."

"I'm sorry to hear that", I said hugging her. "Do your friends ever come to visit you?"

"No", she said wiping her tears away. "My parents were so mad at them that they didn't let my friends come over. They're just worried that my friends will give me cigarettes again even if I'm in the hospital."

"Oh", I said feeling so bad for her. "Hey why don't we make a promise?"

She looked up at me like I was crazy. "Where is this coming from?"

"Why not? Promise me you'll take good care of yourself while I'm still here. I'll even help you", I said sticking out a pinky.

"Ok", she said sticking her pinky out too. We hugged each other and smiled at each other. "Why don't we go outside and take a small walk?"

"Oh. Sure. But you might want to get a coat. It's pretty cold out", I said looking for a jacket.

"You don't have to find me one. My room is next door. I'll go get one quickly", she said running off. I went up to my door and saw her 4 seconds later with a jacket on and a jacket in her hand. "Catch", she said as she threw the jacket in her hand to me. I wasn't ready to catch it so it landed on my face.

"Thanks", I said while she was laughing. As we both walked outside the hospital, Hyo rin asked me something.

"I heard it was suppose to snow sometime soon", she said. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

That was a sudden question, but I answered it. "Yeah. He is the sweetest guy anyone could ever know. I've like him since 1st grade and now I finally have him."

"Well did he come to the hospital to see you yet?", she asked again.

Then a sudden chill ran through me. "Kai..." I turned towards Hyo rin. "Hyo rin, I got to go find him and my parents. I'll see you tomorrow morning! Bye!", I said running off into the hospital. I went to the front desk and asked, "Annyeonghasaeyo, can you please tell me what room Kim Jongin is in right now?", I said tears starting to fill my eyes. 

"He is in room B216. Lucky you, visiting hours are still going on, so you can go there", the lady said.

"Thank you", I ran looking for his room. A few minutes later I finally found it. But his room was across..... Mine. The door was slightly opened and I heard the people that were inside. I could tell Kai parents were inside from the crying of his mom and his dad trying to make her feel better. But then I heard two familiar voices. 

"Is Kai going to be alright? Krystal is awfully worried about him. We checked on her about like 20 minutes ago and she seems fine, for now", I heard a feminine vocie saying. It was mom. So dad must be in there too. Why are they there? What happened to Kai?

"I'm afraid he won't last long. Have the parents been watching how many times his been taking his pills? It was suppose to be two everyday, but from his results, he's only been taking it when the pain occurs", the doctor said. "His heart condition is worse. He won't make it this week so these few days will be his last." Kai... I wanted to run in and hug him, but I had no strength to get up because I started crying. My tears felt hot in my eyes and the stinging in my nose. I just went back into my room sat on my bed curled up. Kai.... Why didn't I know this earlier? Someone that I've loved for so long is dying just when he finally noticed me. I'm dying and I haven't lived a life yet either. What kind of cruel world am I living in? I sat there in a fetal position, knowing I've cried for hours until I fell asleep.