A life changing sentence

The Starcrossed Lovers

KAI'S P.O.V.

 

When I woke up to Krystal covered up in just a blanket, I felt like I would die of excitement. Literally..... But I tried covering my eyes and asked her what happened. We both dont know what really happened last night, but she left the room came back 30 minutes later and went to the bathroom. I checked the receipt that she threw in the garbage before she slammed the bathroom door. I looked carefully at it knowing she went to a pharmacy, but what was it for? I looked farther down the paper and read Krystal bought some pregnancy test stick. Wait, does she think she's pregnant? No way.... I would never do that to her and she would never do that to me. But she might have done something. If she is pregnant, she probably loved me so much that she would take it far and get a child. She's loved me for so long. Would she actually do that? I stopped my thinking and hid the receipt behind my back when Krystal came out of the bathroom. "Kai... We need to talk. Our moms are out of their minds."

"What happened?" , I said cooly. Since she's talking in a calmer manner, I guess she doesn't have any surprising news. 

"We have to go back to the hospital", she said saying as her cellphone went off. She took the call and put it on speaker. "Yeobosaeyo?"

"Annyeonghasaeyo Ms. Krystal. We have some.... Surprising news for you if you come back to the hospital now."

"Ok. We were heading there anyways. Bye." She hung up and started packing. 

"Krystal, do you by chance know what it is?", I asked while looking at her.

"Know what", she asked. "Oh, what they just called about, I have no idea."

"That wasn't what I was talking about", I said. "If you're pregnant or not."

"Oh. Uh let's save that question for later. I'm going to yell at you and my mom for putting us in this position.", she said. After 20 minutes, we packed everything and left. Our drive there was in taxi cab and it was real quiet. When we got out we started talking again. "Kai, don't freak out when I say this in front of my parents though okay? So ill tell you now", she said to me nervously. Uh oh.... Please tell me she's not actually..."Forget it. I'll tell you later."

"Krystal, you have got to be kidding me...", I said. "Why did you do this?"

"What do you mean I did this? I didn't even say anything yet", she said getting louder. "You made the first move on me."

"Well how do you even know that I did something?", I said my voice getting louder too.

"I was just wrapped up in a blanket and you seemed like you had fun with that", she said. I never knew she could be this annoying.

"Girls have loved me because I'm good looking and wealthy. They would do ANYTHING to get closer to me", I said.

"Do you really think I'm those kind of girls Kai? Am I a toy to you? Then what was the point of all we've been through together? Did that mean anything to you?", she said as tears filled her eyes up. She just walked away from me in to the hospital. For once, I made her cry. She looked back and said, "And yes! I'm pregnant with your child!" What just happened?

KRYSTAL'S P.O.V.

As I walked I came to a sudden stop and looked back. "And I am pregnant with your child! But that doesn't mean I'm going to keep it. I'll be dead before I can have this child anyway." I continued to walk ahead even though I know there's tears on my face. I started to feel pain in my chest. My head felt more open then it was right after the accident. What do I do now? My doctor showed up in front of me.

"Mrs Krystal? Please come this way. Your parents are eagerly waiting for you at my office." I just nodded my head and wiped the tears. Then I followed him. As soon as I came into the room, I saw oma and apa. I gave them a big hug. "Okay guys. You might be wondering what the big news is about."

"Nothing can be surprising when my daughter will be dead", oma said starting to cry. I tried to comfort her. 

"Oh but there is. Krystal will live", he said cheerfully. What did he just say?! I'm going to live? That sentence just turned my whole life around. "Her results came out earlier this morning and it showed major brain improvement. The part of her brain that shut down is where her emotions are created. She been showing alot of emotions the past few days and she's better now. Just a few more treatments and then your out of here."

"Doctor, camsamida! We are thankful!", my dad said with a tear and a smile on his face. "Wait what about Kai?"

I kept thinking. Should I tell Kai this? I know I shouldn't be hesitating on this at all, but he's doubted me. How could he ever think of me as 'just a girl'? I thought I was special to him. And for sure he was special to me. More importantly, what am I going to do with the child? Should I still tell our parents? Oma saw I was worrying about something. I have to tell her. As I was about to, another doctor came in and said,"doctor we need help! Someone outside just collapsed." Who could have collapsed right now? Wait....Kai....