A beautiful birthday present

The Starcrossed Lovers

KRYSTAL'S P.O.V.

I woke up got ready and gave my dogs their tiny hugs. Vivi's stomache was a little big, but I guess it was from over feeding. It's about time that dog gained some weight anyways. I turned around and saw in surprise Kai standing outside my gates.

 "Hi Krystal! Want to walk with me to school again today?", he said loud and cheerfully. 

"Ya", I said running to him opening the gates quietly. "Be careful when you come here. If my parents see you their going think I have a--", I stopped right there because it was going to be awkward if I said it to him. 

"Have a what?", he said so confused.

"Nevermind", I said already starting to walk. "Let's talk about something else. Uhhhhh, what do you want to talk about?", I said. 

Kai grabbed my arm and he pulled me back. His face was really close to mine. I was memorized. "Promise me you'll be my friend forever even after we die. Please forgive me if one day I don't show up in front of your gates." He said his eyes starting to get big and puppy like. I nodded my headed shocked. "Ok then, let's get moving." 2 Seconds later, a limousine showed up in front of us. "Please get in. Watch your head too", he putting his hand between the threshold and my head. He closed the door on my side and went through the other. Wow, he was really rich. But why did he walk the past two days then? Oh well. As soon as we got to school, girls started screaming Kai's name. Why didn't I here it before? What ever... When they saw me they fell silent and started whispering again. 

"What is that ugly girl doing with him and in this school again? I bet she seduced him or something", I heard one of the girls say.

Then Kai went up to her and said, "She didn't. She's with me because she's my friend and she's smart unlike you plastic dolls who stands lifeless. That's just what is expected from them."

"But Oppa, I didn't---", She but was cut off by him.

"Just be nice and I know that won't hurt to try. Your in this school because your parents could afford it. So make the most out of it and get a life other than gossiping", he said starting to smile. She nodded her head and ditched her other friends. Then he and I continued to walk together. 

"Kai you didn't have to do that for me. I'm already used to people calling me stuff and starting rumors", I said blushing, but not enough for him to notice.

"Even though it still hurts", he said like he was reading my thoughts. He even understood me. A second thing I look for in guys. It was rare for a guy to understand a girls feelings. "If your wondering how I knew, let's just say something like that happened when I was younger." Then he looked at me. "I know your birthday is tomorrow. I looked in your English book. Looks like some one is excited about their birthday. You deserve to be excited because wait for my present early in the morning. Wake up another 45 minutes earlier. Ok?" I nodded. 

KAI'S P.O.V.

Through out the school day, I was worried about what I would give Krystal. But then I saw a bunch of girls starring my way then Krystal's way. Then moment I knew what to get her. But she'll have to come with me tomorrow morning before school starts still. I was happy at the thought of that. Then the last bell rang and we all got up and left the room. I saw a couple of my friends and said hi. Then I met Krystal outside. "Ready to go?", I said. She was crying though. "Are you okay? What happened?" I said looking around. 

"Nothing. Some girls just said some thing", she said trying to wipe her tears away. "I got to go. My parents aren't home and I have to watch over my dogs before they do something." 

"Ya", I grabbed her arm again like in the morning but this time I hugged her. I know exactly how she felt being called a loser and nerd. I was like that in middle school. I knew how to comfort her even though no one comforted me at that time. "You know you can always talk to me. I'm here for you now. Tell me your problem and I will help you." I let go and saw everyone staring at our direction. Some of the girls heard what I said then starting screaming and fainting. Wow they really love me.

"Thanks", she said with her shining beautiful eyes. She did look pretty and cute but I guess nobody saw it and I was the only one. 

"Come on let's go ride back home. If you ever need to cry on somebody's shoulders, it'll be mine." We walked up to the front of the school and saw the limousine tools up in front of us. We got in and we were silent during the ride. When we got there, she got out and thanked me even though I was getting out of the car too. I went inside my house, and plopped myself on my bed. I was extremely tired and I didn't know why. After I took a shower, did all my homework, and ate, I went to bed. I looked through my window if I could see Krystal, but I saw two dogs sleeping instead. One of them had a huge belly and the other just looked plain fat. It was cute and funny. They look adorable and chubby together. I went to bed to the thought of that. Next morning, I got up, got ready and rushed to Krystal's gates. I saw her and she looked shy again.

"Hey, ready for your present?", I said. She nodded her head and we decided to walk together to the place. A few feet from it, I closed her eyes with my hands and few seconds later I said, "Tada! Here we are. Are you ready for a total makeover?" She laughed. I was confused. "What's so funny?"

"You sounded like a girl when you said that", she said laughing some more as we entered the place. She looked stunned when she saw beautiful girls sitting in front of every chair staring at a lighted mirror while people did their makeup. "Wow, I can't believe I'm actually at a beauty parlor." I thought girl usually come here for nails or or other girly stuff. A woman who worked there escorted her to a seat. "Welcome. What would you like to be done for today?" 

"Uh, Get her eye contacts, make her face clean, bright and hairless, do the eyebrows, curl her hair, remove any hair other then the head and face. I guess that should be it", I said trying to exhale.

"Sir, we call that a total makeover here and that will take half an hour", the lady said.

"I knew that", I said with and awkward smile. I said it before, why didn't I say it now? I sat in a chair near by and fell asleep waiting for the final look.

I opened up my eyes as I heard someone girl call my name. "Hey Kai, wake up how do I look?" I looked up thinking i was seeing an angel.

"Are you an angel?", I said. I rubbed my eyes.

"No its me, Krystal!", she said blushing. I looked one more time. 

KRYSTAL'S P.O.V.

"Holy cow is that really you?!", he said all happy. "Starting from today, you will be treated with respect. Get ready for a whole new day." He paid the woman and rushed me outside and called the limousine. 3 minutes later it shows up and we get immediate When we got to school, he was the first one to step out. Of course, every girl was screaming and fainting. Then he opened the door on my side and every boy stared at my way. 

Then the girls looked the the same way and dropped to their knees. "Oh my god. Who is that girl? She is so beautiful." Every direction I turned people would scream and wave. I was finally beautiful. Something I've always wanted since I was born. Now I have it all.