One in the past, one in the future

The Starcrossed Lovers

KAI'S P.O.V.

As soon as we got out of the hospital, everything had changed quickly. I saw my hyung, Kim jong suk who was wearing a long white coat. I had tears filled in my eyes because I hadn't seen him in 6 years. So after all that time, he decided to become a doctor. I walked up to him while the girl he was standing next rolled away with her wheelchair. "Hyung? I can't believe it's really you...", I said as I tried to hug him. But as I did, he just pushed me away. 

"Move out of my way...", he said with his head down. There was no way I was going to do that. I missed him so much. "I said move out of my way", he said louder. 

"Hyung, why are you still mad at yourself? It's been so many years since we last talked and this how you want to end it? I only have a few days left to live. So why? Why do you still keep pushing me away?!", I said while tears were stinging my eyes again.

"Because of me you ended up the way you are now. I was trying to save you the pain by leaving our family.... To make sure I didn't eventually end up killing my own brother. I'm angry at the thought of that not at myself. Everything happened because of me..... and I'm trying my best to fix this Kai. I studied hard to become a specialist and help you with your problem, but its too late to do anything now. Im sorry...", he said passing by me like a soft breeze. I stood there from shock by what he just said. Killing me?

Krystal came over and asked me what had just happened. "Kai are you okay? Who is that man? What were you two talking about?"

"I'm fine. Can we just drop this conversation? I'm not in the mood to talk about it right now." Then that same girl who was in the wheelchair next to hyung went to krystal and whispered something her ear that made her eyes huge. Then she left and Krystal stood like a statue. "Since both of us need to relax let's just go to a hotel. I'll pay."

She just nodded her head and walked with her head down all the way to the hotel. "I can't believe it...", she said muttering to herself.

"You can't believe what?" I said curiously.

She just stared at me. Then she responded. "You had a brother, but I never knew."

"It's not a big deal Krystal. So what? I have a sibling."

"Well I don't", she said. I felt like I said the wrong thing. "Kai, having a sibling is a huge thing. I've always wanted a sibling when I felt lonely. I could fight with them, tell my secrets and feel responsible to take care of them. Being an only child gives you more attention, that's all. Everything is just so easy to get and it's boring. Atleast you have one."

"Yeah well being stuck with a sibling like mine would make anyone feel like an only child too", I said with my voice cracking a little. 

KRYSTAL'S P.O.V.

We got to the hotel room and went in. We brought our two duffle bags and I was shocked. The room was like a king's bedroom. I just stared at Kai who wasn't surprised at all and walked right to the bed. Only one bed?! I screamed in my head mentally because even if you have a boyfriend, things could go wrong. Now where am I supposed to sleep? "Kai, I think we should get another room."

"Why? Don't you like this one?", he said putting his head up looking at me with big eyes.

"Well yeah, but...", I said still staring at his innocent eyes. "Nevermind......", I said and then sighed. I guess not much will happen tonight. That's a good thing though.... Right? I mean I've loved Kai for along time and being together with him means a lot to me. So what will happen? 

"Krystal, I think it's too early to go to bed now. Why don't we go for a walk or something?", Kai said setting down our stuff. I just nodded my head and we walked outside of the hotel. As we walked I guess Kai dragged me to places instead of actually shopping. We went to a mall and probably walked 3 miles in it. My feet were killing me and I was desperate to sit so Kai brought us to a tent that read,"chicken and soju" I didn't care where we were anymore. I just need to sit on a chair..... So I sat at the nearest table and Kai sat in front of me. 

"Kai, can I not drink soju? I really don't want anything weird going on when we're going to sleep in the same bed" I said taking my heels off. My feet were cold but sore from the walking. He was staring at the woman who was bringing two glasses of soju even though we didn't order yet. 

"It's on the house for you two", she said. Why us two? "In fact you can have as much as you like." She gave a wink at Kai and he just waved at her while she left. I tried to block his view and he looked shocked. 

"It would be such a waste to not drink this. We're getting free soju", he said smirking. Something was up his sleeve and I wasn't waiting to find out. So I got up and walked to get out, but he grabbed my arm and sat me right back down. "Krystal, please.... I need you here", he said. I know he's going through a lot of things, but that doesn't mean I have to drink soju too. But I did it anyways. I guess after we had a few bottles, we went back to the hotel. Next morning I turned around in my bed and found Kai sleeping next to me. I stared at him and realized he wasn't wearing a shirt. I looked at myself and realized I wasn't wearing a shirt. I didn't look any farther down because I probably would have died from shock. The fact that something actually happened last night.

"Ahhhhh!!", I screamed and Kai fell off the other side of the bed. I was shocked either way.....

"What's wrong with....", he stopped when he saw me wrapped up in nothing, but a blanket standing on the opposite side of the bed. "Whoa?! What happened last night?!"

"I was going to ask you the same thing!", I said as I grabbed the pillows and threw each one at a time. "I told you not to drink the soju! Did your friend at the tent do that on purpose? So you could sleep with me?", I said screaming. 

"I don't have friends. Remember?", he said. 

"Well then, who else would do that....", I stopped after I remembered the smirk on our moms' faces. But before I could really get angry, I got clothes, got ready, and went to the pharmacy. I bought one of those pregnancy test things and went back to the hotel. I slammed the bathroom door shut and checked. I looked at the meter. I'm.. I'm... PREGNANT. This can't be...

Should I still be angry for doing something against my will? Should I be happy that it's Kai's child? Or should I be upset that I won't live long enough to deliver this child? Or even abort it?

 

 

 

Choi Min Ho as Kim Jong suk

tumblr_ngamocZxu41trmv05o3_500.jpg