Smile, Lanny

Cheesecake with Coffee (Fried Tofu Cake sequel) [on-going: chapter 16] #ALIVEEEEEE

 

“Lanny~” Daehyun purred he entered their home. He was taken aback seeing the house dark. He switched on the light as he took off his shoes. He put on his slippers and ambled to the kitchen to get some drink. Before he left the kitchen, he brought a cold bottle of water, a glass and two oranges with him. He knocked on the door of their bedroom and said, “Lanny, it’s me Daehyun. Are you alright?”

There was no respond, so he opened the door quietly.

“Lanny, you alright?” he added while turning on the light. A mini-heart attack grew on him as he found no Lanny on their bed. “LANNY?! Lanny where are you?” He put all the things he brought on their night table and started searching for Lanny. He started searching round their bed. He knocked on the bathroom door and it did not open. He opened the door to their walk-in closet and found Lanny sitting in front of [mirror celebrities use], putting on lip balm. She immediately dropped the lip balm and arose from sitting.

“Y-You’re home ea-early… Ho-How was your d-day?” she stuttered as Daehyun approached her.

Daehyun curled his lips into a mischievous smile and asked her, “What’s with the makeup, Lanny? You’re going somewhere?” then s his around her waist form her back.

She defended with a red face, “N-No… it’s just my… my lips were getting dry…”

“Well, I think I can be of help~” he whispered in her ear then stole a kiss.

Lanny’s mouth was left agape by Daehyun’s tactic. She wanted to punch him, kick him, slap him or hurt him in every way, but she ended up lowering her head and biting her lips in shyness.

He rested his head on her shoulder and told her, “You’re feeling well now? I really don’t wanna leave you alone, but I have work to do. Meetings were very long so,  –touches Lanny’s neck–  oh, your fever’s gone. That’s good. Shall we,  –turns Lanny to face her–  have dinner then?”

She was blushing hard when Daehyun faced him.

“A-Are you still sick? What’s with the red face? Do you feel queasy? You need some fresh air?” He laid a hand on her nape, her forehead and her arms. “Should we go to a doctor?”

She violently shook her head, loosening Daehyun’s hands on her arms. “I-I’m fine… No, really I’m really, really fine. I’m fine, Daehyun. I’m fine.”

He kissed her forehead, holding her face between his hands then stated, “That’s good to know. Let’s eat, I’m starving. I ordered pizza, is that okay?”

“Mm…” she answered with a nod.

“Let’s go!  –grabs Lanny’s hand–  It’s your favorite bacon and cheese.”

The ambrosial smell of crispy bacon, melted cheese, tomato sauce and soft baked dough surrounded the kitchen. But Lanny was still having problems with herself facing Daehyun. She watched him finish three slices of pizza with gaiety while she merely finished her first slice. She’s having a hard time enjoying her food because her heart is beating out of her chest and butterflies are fluttering in her stomach.

What the hell is wrong with me?!? Why am I all of a sudden like this? This is totally absurd. I’ve been living with him for a week and now this. What the…  –sighs–  Maybe this will fade away if I eat. A pizza slice is the elixir to this thingy. Damnation carnation condensation…

Daehyun noticed Lanny’s cogitation, so he stole her half pizza slice and gobbled it up.

“Yah!” she screamed as she slapped Daehyun’s arm. “Why did you steal my pizza, you Snorlax!”

“Hey, I ain’t  no Snorlax. It’s not my fault someone’s overthinking over something,” he fought back by squeezing her cheeks. “Why are you so serious? What’s wrong? Are you really alright? Do you feel nauseous or something? Come on, coffee. Please say something.  I can’t help you if I don’t know what the problem is.”

Lanny let out a sigh. She took his hand and cleared .

Wait… what is she doing?

“I… umm, I just wanna say… I just wanna say that… that…” then she saw a rat coming their way, “The rat… that… AHHH!!!” She stood on top of the chair and pointed a rat near Daehyun’s slipper.

Daehyun caught the vermin with his hand and threw outside to their neighbor who owns five cats. After that, he walked to the sink and washed his hands thoroughly. While washing, he said, “How the heck did a rat enter our home? Maybe we need a house check tomorrow. That’s fine coz I won’t be having much meetings tomorrow. How’s that, Lanny?”

She was crouching on her seat, staring at the floor. She hated how her nerves changed into fear. But luckily, she can now face Daehyun with much less nervousness. She was deep in thought on how to tell Daehyun what’s happening to her that she didn’t hear him.

When he finished washing his hands, he approached the pondering Lanny and covered her back with his body and wrapped his arms around her.

“A penny for your thoughts, coffee?  –kisses Lanny’s ear–  Come on, tell me what’s bothering you. Is it the rat?”

The kiss gave her goosebumps form head to her ankles, making her eyes widen and her hands grip on Daehyun’s arm.

“Are you really alright? You’re making me worry,” he quaked as he turned his head to look at her flushed face. He scooped her and delivered her to their bedroom. She was ogling him the whole time while he was carrying her to bed.

How did I get married to this man? She said to herself, staring at Daehyun as he carefully laid her on the bed.

He smiled feebly at her then took the oranges form the night table. He showed it to her and asked, “You want?”

She made no answer, just staring at his profile.

Daehyun was getting annoyed with Lanny’s silence so he kissed her, biting her lower lip. After the buss, he was expecting to hear her mantra

“Damnation carnation condensation” or hit him somewhere. But Lanny only blushed and hid her face under the blanket. She cracked into a smile as she touched her swollen lower lip.


Ho ho ho~ double update!! Well I was with my eomma at her school coz she needs an assistant.

Please comment and talk to me, I don't bite T^T