The House They Live In

Cheesecake with Coffee (Fried Tofu Cake sequel) [on-going: chapter 16] #ALIVEEEEEE

 

Lanny’s morning started with a mighty strong migraine. She slapped herself and yelled “DAEHYUN!” like she’s calling her mother to save her.

Daehyun came to the rescue with a box of paracetamol, a pitcher of water, an empty bowl, a tall glass and a towelette, all on a trolley.

When he approached her, she was expecting to hear sweet nothings, cooing and telling her it’s alright. But she was quite disappointed, since he scolded her like a crabby grandmother.

“Look at you! It’s your fault, not listening to your husband who knows you from scalp to callous.”

I don’t have calluses on my feet, excuse me!

He bombarded her with advices and sermons whole popping a paracetamol in , then making her drink water from the pitcher with the tall glass and putting a wet towelette on her forehead.

“D-Daehyun… I’m sorry for whatever I did last night. I really don’t remember what happened… And I think I’ve done something wrong, although I had no idea what that is,” she apologized as she rested her back on their bed, feeling the rotation of the Earth on its axis. She touched her scalp like her brain’s gonna explode soon.

Daehyun noticed it, kissing her forehead. He hugged her, whispering, “As long as I’m your husband, I will love you and cherish you and be always by your side in sickness, in health, in wealth, in no wealth and in drunkenness. Even if you’re a drunkard who goes wild and bossy and lecherous. Arasso?”

A cheeky smile crept on Lanny’s lips as Daehyun embraced her tight. What did I do to get this angel, this y logical prince charming and this illogical fairy tale of mine? Am I lucky or lucky? Then her happiness faded when she realized Daehyun was on top of her, making her push him away and hide her red face with the blanket.

He stifled his laughter as he realized why she pushed him away. My, my. She’s bashful as ever. So cute, I wanna bite her. But no, I can’t right now. She’ll probably get scared once I unleash my monster side. I’m sure somewhere in her brain she’s missing it, ha ha. It’s a good thing there’s no Park Soo Ha here. “Anyway, get more rest Lanny. You need it,” he bid her goodbye.

“Wait!” she yelled.

Daehyun turned his head and looked at her.

“Umm… what does lecherous means? And…  –bites her lip–  where’s the bathroom in case I need to pee? And…  –scratches head–  I have to get my things in my apartment and pay the monthly bills… Ahe he he~” then she put on her puppy eyes.

Those eyes always work on me like wizardry. You’re driving me insane, Lanny Jung. He put on his cogitating face, obviously teasing her.

She crossed her fingers, waiting for a positive answer. Oh Jung Dae Hyun, save your wife financially, oh please!

“Okay,” he stated with a smile.

Lanny exhaled in relief. “And ah–”

“Your things are in the guest room. I got them yesterday. And  –ruffles Lanny’s hair–  I’ve paid your bills. I really don’t like you abiding in that creepy place. Don’t you know there are criminals hiding there? Who told you to live there, huh? Don’t ever come back there, okay?” he said then ambled to the kitchen.

Wait… he knows here I live? Oh, right. He’s my boss. And he paid my bills? Oh, wait. He’s rich. And there are criminals living next door there? How the hell did he knew that? Damnation carnation condensation! She hugged herself, crept out of what she learned. Thank goodness graciousness he found me.

“Good morning…” Lanny greeted sluggishly as she enters the kitchen.

Daehyun’s lip curled into a smile and corrected her, “It’s already three in the afternoon and you’re still greeting me ‘good morning’? Anyway, here  –puts a plate of spaghetti on the table–  have brunch. I’ll just get your iced tea in the ref.”

She took a seat and observed the spaghetti carefully. There’s hotdog, ground beef and  –smells the spaghetti–  the sauce is sweet blend. This is Filipino style spaghetti. How in the universe did he know how to cook that? I don’t even know how to cook, all I know is how to eat and make a terrific coffee. She took a pair of chopsticks from the utensil box on the table. She mixed the spaghetti well, then finally tried it. Her eyes widened and commented, “This really tastes like Filipino spaghetti! This is some sort of magic, isn’t it?!”

Daehyun observed her as she gobbled down the spaghetti. She still eats like a caveman. I bet she’ll gulp down iced tea like a dehydrated football player. He took the now-condensing pitcher of iced tea and a glass. He approached her and counted to three. “One, two, three…”

Lanny pounded her chest and yelled, “WATEEEEER!!!”

He poured iced tea into the glass and handed it to her with care. Then he rubbed her back softly. “Are you okay now? After that, I can now tour you around our home sweet home. Okay?”

She nodded in reply. How the hell did I get married to this man?

“Are you good with maps, Lanny?” Daehyun asked her while lounging in his lazyboy with his eyes closed.

She approached him, replying, “Yeah. I can even understand building blueprints. Why, you don’t know that?”

He shook his hand, handing her a scroll. “This is the blueprint of the house. I’m a bit sleepy, you see~”

She took the scroll, stretched her arm then aimed for Daehyun’s head. “Yah! What kind of a husband are you? You…  –throws the scroll at Daehyun’s face–  AISH! DAMNATION CARNATION CONDEN–”

“Stay with me,” he softly requested as he pulled her to sit on his lap. He s his arms around her waist, kissed her hair and begged, “Just stay with me.”

She held his hands and joked, “Of course I’ll stay with you. In this condition I can’t even breathe with the way you hug me.”

“You still know how to spoil a romantic moment, don’t you, my Lanny love, huh?” He patted her head then pinched her stomach. “My Lanny got drastically thin, eh? This is total prejudice. I cannot accept this.  –pinches Lanny’s cheek–”

She shoved his hands, yelling, “Yah!”

“Anyway, get ready. We’re out on a trip later.”

“Where?!? Omo omo, is it out of town?”

“Not really…” You can’t tour around the house yet. I have to hide some things…