Queen Lanny's Man

Cheesecake with Coffee (Fried Tofu Cake sequel) [on-going: chapter 16] #ALIVEEEEEE

 

A burst of giggles entered the Jung residence. Lanny and Daehyun got home soaking wet from the rain at the park earlier. Both lay on the floor as they continue to laugh. Daehyun wrapped his arm around Lanny’s shoulder and smiled at her. Lanny answered with a squeeze on his hand.

“I still don’t get it why it’s wild…” Lanny murmured.

Daehyun kissed her forehead then replied, “I just said that to excite you. You really want something wild,  –flicks Lanny’s forehead–  you lecherous lady!”

“Yah!” she exclaimed as she rubbed her forehead. “I was expecting something like a trip to the zoo or a kitty café or other stuff like that…”

He rose and invited her, “Let’s go change clothes before we catch a cold or pneumonia,” and gave his hand.

She gave him her hand and they both arose to the bathroom.

“U-Umm… you use the bathroom here. I’ll use the one in our room…” he shyly stated as he opened the bathroom door and shuffled to a corner to give space for Lanny.

She flashed a wide, awkward grin as she entered the bathroom and closed the door.

That was a very awkward moment… even though we’ve made out already. I guess bit by bit I’m now accepting him as my husband. Aish, what kind of a woman are you Lanny? You’re now living under one roof with this man yet you’re not even sure he’s your husband. And you even made out with him! I checked the papers. They’re true and valid. Yah, Lanny Dayrit!  –slaps self–  I’m on the verge of insanity all of a sudden. I’m just thinking too much. Is this the effect of acid rain?

She continued on mulling as she took off her wet clothes. She grabbed a nearby towel and dried herself.

, I forgot to bring clothes… she thought as she wrapped the towel around her body. She came out of the bathroom and ambled to their bedroom to put on her pajamas and rest.

Where the heck is Daehyun? Whatever, I’m going to sleep now. I’m tired as hell, she thought as she rested her back on the bed and closed her eyes.

Daehyun was actually still in the shower, smiling all the time as he scrubbed and washed himself.

All of the memories flashed back to me… I hope she feels the same. Her smile is the best thing in the world. I would give my heart and soul for her and for her smile… Aish, I’m bitten by the greasy love bug again. Surely she’ll scold me once she hears my corny thoughts.

It took him 10 minutes in the shower due to nonstop smiling and overflowing cheesy thoughts. After the shower, he shuffled to their walk-in closet to put on his boxer shorts. Then he lay on the bed next to Lanny.

A dream come true, he said to himself as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and leaned her head on his shoulder. Good night, my coffee, he kissed her temple before he closed his eyes.

“I’m walking barefoot through the memories with the fallen leaves, I’m letting go of the people I haven’t been able to forget, I’m walking barefoot through the memories to the red-stained sky, I’m raising up the people I haven’t been able to be with,” serenaded Lee Soo Hyun, waking up Lanny.

She grumbled as her hand travelled on the night table to snooze her calming alarm.

Since when did I start listening to those siblings?! Who the hell changed my alarm? I’m supposed to her B.I’s voice, not them.

Before she could even rise from the bed, Daehyun entered, carrying a breakfast table filled with galbi (Grilled Short Ribs), spicy seafood salad, kongnamul bab (Bean Sprout Rice), spicy stewed fish, oi naengguk (Cold Cucumber Soup), seasoned kelp and moo saengchae (Radish Strip Kimchi), green tea and sliced bananas.

“Good morning coffee,” sang Daehyun as he sat on the edge of the bed with the tray.

Lanny got up and observed him. “What is this for? It’s not yet my birthday,” she asked the moment she rose and faced Daehyun.

“No. Why? Does it have to be a special day to be sweet to you? I’m not an ,” he answered as he gave her a pair of stainless steel chopsticks.

She continued on staring at him with her judging eyes as she gobbled up her breakfast.

He noticed her and smiled at her joyfully.

“Are you sick perhaps? The effect of the acid rain yesterday?”

He hit her forehead, saying, “Yah! There’s no acid rain in Korea, you know. Just enjoy your breakfast, okay?” Then he noticed the abnormal hotness of Lanny’s forehead. He touched her forehead and her neck, checking her temperature. He dashed to the kitchen and left her in their room.

“Jung Dae Hyun! What’s the rush for?” she yelled before taking her last bite of galbi. “Seriously, he’s the type of husband who won’t tell me anything. What am I, a one-month-old baby?!”

Daehyun came back with a medicine box and a pack of Kool Fever. He proceeded to making her drink paracetamol and putting the patch on her forehead. “Please take a rest. At nine I’ll be off to work. My one week break is over. Your cheesecake needs to earn some dough,” he told her as she tucked her in.

“So I can go to work, too?”

He laughed at her question and ruffled her hair. “Of course not! Why would I let my wife work at our own café? No, you’ll stay here and rest. I think you caught that fever from the rain. Text me if you feel bad or something,” he bid her goodbye with a kiss on her cheek.

As Daehyun left, Lanny covered her face with the blanket and bit her lip. Her pale cheeks turned red as she reminisce the events yesterday up until before Daehyun left. She opened her phone and played Hold on Tight.

Like a habit, as soon as I open my eyes, I call you/Like a habit, I keep checking for messages/Why am I like this?/Am I shaking because of you?/I used to be a girl who scoffs at other guys/but I’m going to you like a sweet cat acting cute to you/Oh I want to be all my love it/you don’t have to do anything baby/I only need you to be by my side…

She kicked her blanket up high in giddiness as she sang along the song. “Hold on tight, hold me tight. Hold me tight. Oh baby you should hold on tight!” Giggles filled the room.

“Good morning, President Jung. You are 45 minutes late for the meeting,” greeted Daehyun’s secretary Yoo Young Jae, as Daehyun entered his Bentley Mulsane. “You also missed five important meetings. And–”

Daehyun waved his hand in Youngjae’s face, scolding him, “I did not enter this car to hear those things. I know all of the things I have missed in my company. And of course, you are my representative so I know that you took care of them while I was away. Right?”

Youngjae bit his lip in chagrin and bowed in front of him. “My apologies, President Jung. How was your vacation, sir?”

“Good. I enjoyed it very much.”


Thank you Korean Food for the info about Korean breakfast.

Hee hee, sorry guys for the late update. I'm always distracted by Twitter. Let's talk @legityaminohime~

And please comment, I wanna know if I'm doing it right T~T