My Wife’s got a Family

Cheesecake with Coffee (Fried Tofu Cake sequel) [on-going: chapter 16] #ALIVEEEEEE

 

Lanny stirred from slumber land, waking up in their car, seated on the front seat. The door near the driver seat opened and Daehyun entered with a grocery bag in his hand. She asked him as he closed the door and buckled his seatbelt.

“Why are we already here? You should’ve wakened me up instead. Are we going home or somewhere else?”

“We’re going to your home,” he answered, driving slowly. “We might miss the flight if we stay a bit longer there. As much as I wanted to stay longer, we can’t coz there’ll be a storm tomorrow. That’ll ruin our schedule.”

“So you’re saying you planned this a long time ago? Or not-so long time ago? But what about your work and–”

Daehyun planted a swift kiss on Lanny’s cheek to silence her. “Don’t talk to me like my secretary. Don’t worry about my work, everything’s fine. And yes, I prepared this not-so long time ago. Of course we need to plan things according to the weather. Right?”

She nodded her head meekly, blushing hard. How come he always make so damn bashful… Life is unfair… like my skin.

Gimhae Internationa Airport is one of the most beautiful airports Lanny has ever been to, aside from the airports she has been to in her previous life.

“Where are we going? Are we going to my hometown? Where’s my hometown anyway? I don’t quite remember much,” she fired Daehyun questions as they queue to the airplane.

Daehyun’s hands gripped on Lanny’s shoulder and pushed her to their seats. “Let’s sit before we talk, okay? This is a four-hour flight, so I guess w can have a lot of time to talk.”

“That’s fast, wow. That’s a short flight,” she commented as she sat on the seat near the window. She waited for Daehyun to sit then added, “So where are we going?”

“The city of handsome men, as an article says so, Quezon City.”

“Really? How come I did not know that?”

“Do your parents know your amnesia?”

Lanny shook her head. “I don’t even know them… All I know that I’m this lost foreigner taken good care by a kind couple.”

“Couple? Who are they? We should thank them right away,” he asked as the airplane door closes.

“They’re a gay couple actually. Bang Yongguk and Kim Himchan. Himchan actually pushed me to work at Beauty and Prejudice.”

They paused their conversation as the stewards and stewardesses started talking and giving instructions. When the tutorial was done, Daehyun continued.

“That Kim Himchan was actually the supervisor of the Beauty and Prejudice branch you used work. He begged me to do a little Undercover Boss on that branch to see how things work. Luckily, I found you there. Wow. Maybe we should pay them a visit sometime.”

She broke into a sweet smile, remembering how her life started. “I woke up in a child’s room, pink canopy, pink bed, pink stuff. I really didn’t like it. Besides, I wasn’t a kid anymore. Then the door opened and I saw my two fairy godmothers smiling at me. My first month as their adopted child was all sugar and spice with rainbows. Then eomma Chan confessed to me that I was actually a dying patient in the hospital and appa Guk saved me.”

“Appa Guk taught me about justice, peace, art, passion, music and trust. He was a very kind-hearted philanthropist.

“Eomma Chan taught me beauty, coffee, food and love. He’s surely a hopeless yet possessive romantic man.”

Daehyun leaned his head on Lanny’s shoulder and closed his eyes. “For now, you’re going to meet your real parents. Now sleep, coffee.”

“Okay then, cheesecake.”

There are some things you don’t need to know.

“Yah! It’s so hot! Is this the normal temperature in the Philippines?!” Lanny roared as they wait for a taxi.

“Yes, so stop complaining. No one will understand you anyway. Do you still remember speaking Filipino?” Daehyun hushed the complainant, fanning her with a black abaca fan.

“How the hell would I know? I grew up in Korea with no memories of my past life, d’oh~”

He pinched her cheek and scolded, “You’re being too sassy, just because it’s your first taste of the heat wave in your own country. Just calm down, we’ll ride a taxi and go straight to your hometown.”

“Is it summer here? Why didn’t you tell me that we’re going to an Australia-like country?”

An askance stare from Daehyun pierced through Lanny and he warned her, “If you don’t stop your whining, I’ll kiss you in front of everyone right now.”

Before Lanny could add another complaint, a yellow taxi halted in front of them. Daehyun opened the passenger door for her. The driver went out to help Daehyun put their luggage in the trunk.

“Wer ar yu going ser?” asked the driver as he closed the trunk of his Toyota Vios.

“Quezon City, sa 84-C Bayabas St., Project 8 po (Quezon City, on 84-C Bayabas St., Project 8),” he nonchalantly answered, no trace of his heavy Busan accent.

The driver choked on oxygen, shocked by his customer. “Marunong pala kayong mag-Tagalog ser? Galing naman. Amazing. Kaso ser malayo-layo yun. (You know how to speak Tagalog sir? That’s cool. Amazing. But sir that place is a bit faraway.)”

He softly whispered on the driver’s ear then he handed him an envelope.  The driver nodded and dashed to the driver’s seat. Daehyun entered the passenger’s seat calmly.

“It’s gonna be a bit of a long ride, so you can rest for a bit, coffee,” he told her as he s his arms around her waist.

“Sleep again? Do you want me to be as tall as Yao Ming? No way. I’m just gonna go sightseeing. I’ve had enough dreams of B.I.”

“Who the hell is that B.I?”

Lanny fished her phone from her pocket and shoved it to Daehyun’s face. “See, that’s Kim Han Bin.”

“But I’m not Kim Han Bin,” then he pushed her phone back, stared at the busy streets of Manila.

She chewed he lip in chagrin, unlocking her phone. She tapped on the galley, on the folder named “B.I-ased” and tapped on a picture of her bias wearing all-white from head to toe. She pulled him to face her and pushed her phone again to his face. “That’s the real Kim Han Bin!”

“So you like janitors?” Daehyun mocked the picture of the 18-year-old rapper.

Lanny frowned at Daehyun’s remark then blushed after he apologized with a kiss. The taxi driver was too occupied finding ways to escape the infamous traffic jam of EDSA so he wasn’t able to witness their lovey-dovey moment.

Damnation carnation condensation!!! Did he just kiss me in a public vehicle!!! Aish, that . He know he’s gonna get my forgiveness through that. Aigoo!!! she talked to herself as she shuffled near to the window beside her and stared at the different vehicles on the road. She got a mini heart attack when a bunch of street children plastered their faces on the window and knocked on the door. Her body jerked backward, making her back lean on Daehyun.

Of course, Daehyun came to the rescue, hugging her and cooing her. “It’s alright. They’re not gonna harm you. As long as I’m here, no harm will come to you. Okay?”

“I’m gonna die of cheese overload from you, seriously.” 


Due to Lanny's insistent demand, I updated a chapter! Kyaah! I'm happy to know the requester is happy with the fic. Kkk~

Add me up on FB: fb.com/yaminohime25

Note: the address stated there is from Bob Ong's Ang Paboritong Libro ni Hudas. Chyeah I'm a fan.