Fullmetal Opportunist

Cheesecake with Coffee (Fried Tofu Cake sequel) [on-going: chapter 16] #ALIVEEEEEE

 

“Where are we going?” Lanny wondered as they walk inside a McDonald’s store.

They followed a queue then Daehyun asked her what she wants. “What do you wanna eat? My treat.”

Her eyes clashed and her lips curled upwards. “What?”

“Well… I feel bad after the incident in the bookstore. Maybe a McFloat and some fries might uplift your mood?” he confessed while pouting and batting his lashes.

Adding aegyo to his apology… Aish, this boy is driving me nuts, she thought as she nodded in answer to Daehyun.

“I know you have a habit of dipping those fries in ice cream,” he as he s his arm around Lanny’s waist. “And you finish the float down to the last ice. It’s so clean you can refill the cup again.”

Blood rushed to Lanny’s cheeks, making her her head to the other side. Damnation carnation condensation! He knows how to make my legs jelly! I never told anyone about that… Due to embarrassment, she pulled away Daehyun’s arm from her and scolded him, “Yah! You always know how to embarrass me…”

“Although we’re not in the same situation before, you said the same thing to me. You’re slowly remembering things. I’m happy for you, Lanny.”

“Really? How?” she asked as they stepped closer the cash register.

“Three large fries and two large floats please,” Daehyun ordered.

“So, what happened next?” Lanny questioned Daehyun between sips and chomps. “So, we met at the library. Then we encountered again at the bookstore accidentally. After that awkward incident, you treated me to McDonald’s. So, you’re saying everything is just a matter of coincidence? I think not!” Then she continued dipping fries on her ice cream.

Daehyun’s lips cracked into a mischievous smile. “You seem smarter and more vigilant unlike last time.

“To tell you the truth, everything was a plan. The moment I saw you entering the same library that I love, I knew I must do something to get close to you. Then came magic. We actually had much longer conversation in the past since we didn’t know each other then.

“When you gave me your phone number, I went a bit stalker and located where are you were. I knew you were in that bookstore, and I purposely bumped you so we can communicate again. The moment you answered romance and , I knew you were a hopeless romantic since I’ve been there. So, I took that bashful moment to ask you out.

“It’s so funny that you said all the same stuff to me, even if years have passed. You really are still the same Lanny Dayrit I have loved and will always love.”

She stopped chewing, leaned her face close to his then punched his head.

Daehyun felt his head throbbing suddenly. “Yah!  –holds his head– What was that for?”

“Tsk! So you’re saying I’ve fallen into your plans? You took opportunity on my vulnerability?! Why you  –grabs Daehyun’s collar–  have to–”

A light buss near her lips halted her anger. Daehyun calmly explained, “If I didn’t planned anything, you wouldn’t be mine right now. Is it wrong to do whatever it takes for the person you love? I remember when you thanked me from saving you from melancholy. I knew all the pain you’ve been through as an alien in a foreign country with no life. I was there with you. All the time.”

“You…” she whimpered. “You… you… you…  –wipes her eyes–  I hate you. Very. Much.”

He embraced her, cooing her to stop crying. “I’m sorry that I let you live alone for a long time. Want more fries?”

She nodded. “I want three. And a Big Mac. And another float.”

Lanny has finished a Big Mac, a McSpicy Chicken, five large fries and two McFloats. She wanted more, but her stomach stopped her. She rushed to the bathroom, apologizing to people she pushed.

Damnation, I can feel something in my stomach. A volcano is gonna explode! She said to herself as she rested her arse on the toilet seat and did her thing.

Minutes have passed and she’s still in the bathroom.

Damnation carnation condensation! I think I have LBM. Omo, I ing need help. But I think it would be a bit stupid, asking help from your date. Maybe I should just text him I’ having some… ARGH!

Daehyun I’m having stomach problems. Help.

After texting, she realized she finished the tissue roll in the cubicle.

Omo, I’m ing dead. Oh Daehyun please come!

She kept on waiting for Daehyun, hearing opened doors again and again. She sprayed ethyl alcohol around her a sign of courtesy to other users.

What if he left me? Oh man.

Lanny’s anxiety halted as she heard the door creaked, as if someone opened it with care. The lock of the door clicked. Then sounds of heavy footsteps neared her. A pair of hands gave her a small tablet, a bottle of water and Kleenex pack under the door cubicle.

“Daehyun, is that you? My goodness, thank you for saving my life,” she thanked him as she grabbed the three things then she added, “You can wait for me outside, I’ll just clean up.”

The door clicked open and was closed with care.

Man, he’s so caring. How lucky am I to have a husband like him. Now, let’s clean up this awful mess of mine.

As Lanny opened the door, Daehyun appeared before her eyes. His face was pink while holding a bottle of Pocari Sweat, a plastic bag with a mark of a pharmaceutical store.

She thanked him with a kiss on his cheeks, “Thank you Daehyun for saving me and having courage to enter the female restroom. If it wasn’t for you, I’ll be stuck in there forever,” with a 90 degree bow.

Daehyun’s flushed face changed to a baffled one.

“Is there something wrong, Daehyun?” she wondered, noticing his sudden change of mood.

He shook his head, replying, “Well… nothing! Nothing at all! It’s just… You kissed me…”

She fondly tapped his shoulder. “Aish, don’t make it a big deal. After all, you saved me~ Anyway, where are we going next?”

“Home,” he answered as he clasped her hand. “Tomorrow, we’ll go somewhere WILD.”

Wild? Lanny is reading his face but she can’t find anything. “Is it an ero shop?”

Daehyun’s eyes widened, then a sly smile appeared on his lips.

“No. But that’s a good idea. I missed that.”