Jewel in the House

Cheesecake with Coffee (Fried Tofu Cake sequel) [on-going: chapter 16] #ALIVEEEEEE

 

It must be L-O-V-E/200 percent, sure of that/I want you really/I mean really was the first thing Lanny heard as she stirred from slumberland. Is that the song of my life? Am I dead?

“Lanny of my L-I-F-E~” Daehyun sang along the song, whispering in her ear. The murmur sent chills to her body. He rested his chin on her arm and looked at her. “Wake up, wake up~ I made breakfast~”

She shifted herself to lie on her back and faced Daehyun. “Don’t you have work today? You’ve been absent for a week because of me and I really do feel guilty…”

Daehyun touched her hair and answered, “Don’t be silly. For my four working years, last week was my very first vacation. Remove your incrimination please. My wife is more important than my job. Money can be earned in a thousand ways, but love will never be.”

It’s so early in the morning and he’s making me giddy all over. Damnation carnation condensation… she said to herself as Daehyun caressed her face. “D-Daehyun…”

He stopped caressing her face and paid attention to her. “Yes?”

“Why did you like me?”

“I didn’t like you, I love you.”

She pouted for not getting the answer she wanted to hear, making her punch his arm. “Yah! Stop using cheesy lines on me. I’m asking you a serious question. It’s been a week yet I still don’t have any ideas why did you have to find me and everything–”

He put his index finger on her lips and interrupted her. “There’s only one reason to all of your queries. I. Love. You. If I don’t love you, then I should’ve just left you alone with no memories. Why the effort if you’re not special to me?”

“I hate you…” she mumbled as she lowered her head then punched his chest.

“I love you, too,” he replied with a kiss on her forehead. “Come on, let’s eat. You’re just hungry.” He took his hand and pulled her upright.

“Are we going somewhere again?” Lanny queried while watching Daehyun dry his fresh-from-the-shower hair.

Daehyun simply raised his eyebrows, still drying his hair.

She shifted to the side end of the bed and added, “Where are we going then?”

He flashed his pearlies as he shook his head, answering her question.

Always with that arcane. Damnation carnation condensation… she hissed in her head. After cooking breakfast and getting sweet with me while watching TV, now we’re off to somewhere. How can this business man get away with being absent for a long time? Oh right, he’s the CEO.

Lanny’s mulling was disturbed when Daehyun took off the towel from his waist and threw it on her face.

“Thinking too much, eh? That’s bad for your health, unless you’re a scientist,” he said as she slowly removed the towel from her face. “You wanna see Daehyun jr.?”

She put the towel back to her face and blushed in silence. Why is he always like that? Damnation carnation condensation… He knows me too well…

Her train of thoughts was halted again as Daehyun took the towel from her face. “Get up. We’re going somewhere.”

“Where, again?”

“A surprise, as usual.”

His surname should be Surprise, not Jung.

He vanished to the kitchen while Lanny dragged her feet to the walk-in closet. She tinkered on the stuff on the Hollywood mirror. She noticed a small cabinet handle below the mirror and pulled it. Her eyes spotted a shining object on the corner of the cabinet – it was a Princess Cut Diamond Engagement Ring Half Eternity Wedding Band 2.05 Carat D VVS2. She grabbed it and wore it on her right middle finger. She stretched her right hand and observed the ring.

“This is beautiful. Maybe this is mine. Like a couple ring. Hee hee… I bet Daehyun bought this a long time ago for our 100th day or something. Ho ho~” then she checked the small cabinet and found nothing else aside from tons of letters written in Hanja, “That’s weird. No other stuff aside from this? Aish, I thought I’m gonna get some Chrome Hearts rings or something else.” She pushed the cabinet grumpily and shuffled back to the bedroom.

Lanny ran and freefell herself on the bed. When her back landed on the soft mattress, she raised her right arm and looked at her opisthenar. The ring was shimmering, thanks to the refraction of the light from the diamonds. She has no clue about the story behind the ring but every time she stares at it, she gets fuzzy feelings making her grin and giggle.

Too many feels just because of this ring. I bet this one’s expensive, judging by the number of diamonds. So Daehyun is a chaebol all this time? Wow. Maybe I should ask him.

The door slammed open and Daehyun announced, “Have you packed your things?”

She put down her arm and sat up. “P-Pack my things? For what?”

“A long trip, of course. About a week to a faraway place. Oh, not a week. Let’s say two to three weeks,” he replied as he seated beside her, facing her.

“Where, Jung Dae Hyun-sshi? To Jeju Island? Or Lotte World?”

“No, not that far and not that near,” he answered as he continued to stare in her hazel eyes.

She lowered her eyes, blushing at Daehyun’s y stare.

“You’re going to meet your in-laws.”


Hi hi hi~ Hello to all my quiet readers and 10 subscribers! If you ever feel lonely, talk to me @legityaminohime (Twitter and Tumblr).

B.A.P just appeared on Cam Cam and totally exploded my ovaries. Oh gahd why.