Book Bound

Cheesecake with Coffee (Fried Tofu Cake sequel) [on-going: chapter 16] #ALIVEEEEEE

 

“What are we doing here in a small bookstore? What did we do here? Was this place our first date? I mean, you didn’t give me much information about our library incidence, aside from that’s where we first met then we had literature conversations and you cheered me up and gave me a bit of confidence and then you asked for my number and then you–”

Daehyun put his index finger on Lanny’s lips to silence her. He scolded her in a low tone, “Be quiet! There are other people here skimming!”

Lanny pouted her lips and mumbled, “Sorry…” then she turned to the left and went to a bookshelf filled with old hardbound books.

Aigoo… Now she’s getting dramatic. What to do now? Should I approach her now or later? Hmm… Maybe, right now.

Daehyun purposely bumped Lanny, making her drop the book she’s holding. He took hold of the book just in time, the same with Lanny.

“Sorry,” he apologized using his y smirk.

She was rather left flabbergasted at the event. She stood up, dusting herself and stuttering on thanking him, “T-Thank you… D-D-Dae… Daehyun…”

“Don’t thank me, I bumped into you and of course, I have to catch you from falling,” he explained, all smiles on his face.

The with him. He’s really winning my heart through his smile. Dayum Daehyun!

“You also buy secondhand books?” he warmed up the awkward atmosphere while browsing through tons of paperbacks near the hardbound shelf.

She nodded in reply.

“What genre do you usually read?”

“Mm… romance and . You?”

“I like romance, too. But I like a bit of plot twist.”

“I prefer classics. They give me the feels of having a romantic affair with a man even though…  –lowers head–  Even though I’ve ever been…”

“Really?!”

“Do I look like lying to you?” she answered with sarcasm as she slowly raised her head. “I’ve told you already that in the library. Aish…”

This is annoying… Ugh! Damnation carnation condensation! This is embarrassing…

She took a book, opened it and covered her face with it.

I want the floors to open and eat me alive rather than face this ing situation. Oh please…

“What time is it?”

She checked her wristwatch and replied while still hiding her face, “It’s about six. Why? We’re gonna go home now? Well, after all, we’ve been here for quite a while. I don’t understand why we’re here at four. That would give us short time, you know.”

“Let’s go,” he announced as he pulled her by the wrist.

Lanny put the book back to the shelf and glared at him.

Is he oblivious or not? He just hurt my ego then he all of a sudden commands to go somewhere. Aish…

Everything’s going according to my plan, Daehyun said to himself as he clasps his hand with hers. Again.