Chapter #6

Tiny Little Men
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What time do we have to leave tonight, Suho?” Sehun shouts to his hyung from the kitchen and ends up shutting the refrigerator and actually entering the room to get an answer.

“Umm well our shift is at three, so we need to leave in an hour.”

Sehun paused and stared at his hyung, pondering options.

“Do we have time to eat?” he finally asks, getting a perked up head from Jongin who was lying on the sofa. He seems to agree with the suggestion, swinging his legs down to sit up and look at Suho expectantly.

“I heard ‘eat’?” Jongdae has now come barrelling down the hallway almost falling on his chin with the pace.

Suho glances between Jongdae and the two near the sofa, also seeing Kris stick his head around his bedroom doorframe from the end of the hallway curiously. Suho sighs in humour.

“You guy are unbelievable.” With a scrape of his hand down is face, he stands up and dusts off his jeans. “You all go shower, I’ll order pizza.”

Everyone disappears like a bullet from a gun, surprisingly not disturbing the six little people. They’re all currently sat on the kitchen counter in a little group, discussing their living conditions and whether or not they like it in the apartment.

“I think it’s a nice place,” Minseok brags while brushing his hair out of his face with a confident expression.

“Yeah, I mean, the furniture is nice,” Yixing complies nervously and everyone nods.

“And the guys aren’t too bad either. They’re…welcoming?” As if it’s a question, Kyungsoo adds it in and waits for the response.

“Yeah,” Luhan replies almost instantly. “Sehun’s been really nice.”

“They’re all being really good with us” Baekhyun adds to the conversation. “And…I guess Chanyeol is funny…”

After a moment’s pause, Minseok comes into the conversation again. “Jongdae can crack a good joke…”

“Sehun can if the setting is just right…”

Again the air falls silent, and Zitao is thankful the humans agreed the little guys could turn their microphones off as they talked. What he’s about to say cannot be heard by the tall guys, and nor could it be held to himself any longer.

Seeing his chance as all other five boys sit awkwardly tossing thoughts around in their noggins, Zitao blurts out, “Kris is hot.”

“Tao!” Yixing scolds and slaps the Chinese’s knee gently, looking around for some form of support from his friends. Luhan’s got his head down, Baekhyun is looking anywhere except Yixing, Minseok is now finding his fingers very interesting, and Kyungsoo has decided to retie his shoes.

“What?! It’s true! Luhan, try telling me you haven’t been checking Sehun out.”

Luhan lifts his head up in surprise and gawks at Zitao, as if looking for the right form of dismissance, but settles for mumbling a ‘yes’.

“Exactly. And Baek, I’ve seen you ogling Chanyeol’s , Kyungsoo, you’re not subtle with your staring, especially with your eyes as abnormally wide as they are, Minseok, you’d be stupid not to stare at Jongdae, so I guess the one who gets off the hook is Yixing…”

“How come you haven’t bonded more with Suho?” Kyungsoo asks.

“Well we’re just not like that,” Yixing fumbles around his words, “We’re not as close as you guys are with your humans.”

“Why not? I heard he padded the box because you were sleeping in it?”

“Yeah, but I was only in the box in the first place because I was too scared to sleep in his room in case he came back and freaked out at me. I slept on his desk, but it was cold and uncomfortable, and I don’t know if he’s one of these clean freaks who really hates people on their bed, so I stayed off. I don’t even think he likes me that much, guys.”

“Who’s to say any of them like us?” Luhan asks as he stares blankly down at his feet. “The last guy got rid of us, I’m just afraid these guy will do it too, since they have lives and all…”

That’s the moment Suho comes sulking into the kitchen, dragging his feet with every step. He wordlessly picks up the phone near the little boys, punching in a number he’s recognised and then waiting. While he order the pizza for his bandmates, he glances over and sees the group of boys now fully quiet and looking rather awkward. Noticing he’s made the atmosphere weird, he steps away and continues the order from the living room.

“See?” Yixing whispers loudly and leans forward to address the boys. “He can’t even be in the same room as us for a whole minute!”

“I don’t think that’s true, Lay.” Kyungsoo gets a death glare in response.

“Don’t call me that,” Yixing groans. “That’s not a thing we’re using.”

“Our last owner liked to call you Lay though.”

“Yeah because he ordered us around and decided he didn’t like our names. These guys don’t do that, so I’m dropping ‘Lay’, okay? You don’t like being called D.O either, right?” Kyungsoo shakes his head furiously and shivers at the name he was given to make it easier to summon him. “Right. I’m also not calling you Xiumin,” Yixing moans and points at Minseok, getting a smirk of response, as if the eldest was never going to argue with that.

Five moments later, Sehun come walking slowly down the hall in his black work trousers and his black polo, the collar and pocket lined with light blue stripes. It comes up to the top of his trousers, not properly fitting him, but it makes him look y, so he doesn’t complain about it. He goes to sit down on the sofa, then remembering about the little people and instead going to sit on the edge of the counter they’re still lounging around on. Partly because they can’t jump down without breaking their bodies.

“Hey,” Sehun starts cheerfully, towelling off his damp hair and brushing his fingers through it. Luhan sits up and sees him, running over to sit on his knee as he stops swinging his legs. “Do you want to talk?”

Luhan nods quickly and gets comfy on Sehun’s knee, hearing the little click to signal his microphone is on in the backpack.

“Hi!”

“Hey,” Sehun laughs at the excitement of the other. “Did you finish talking to each other?”

“I think so, we’ve discussed pretty much everything.”

“Like what?”

“Whether or not we’d like to be shipped to China in a box with air holes.” Sehun’s face drops a little but he pulls back his relaxed expression, hoping Luhan didn’t see how disappointed he would be if they left. “Don’t worry, I think we’re staying.”

Luhan peeks over his shoulder and sees Minseok put his thumbs up in the air since he’s laid on his back, prompting Sehun to smile widely.

“That’s good,” he says with his front right back on, pretending he couldn’t care too much if they left. Of course, only he knew that his currently world would shake if the little guys left. He’s gotten probably too attached to Luhan for his own good, but who is he to complain? “There’s some pizza coming in a while, do you guys want some?”

Luhan nods excitedly and Sehun just glares at him like he has done many times over the day.

“Yes please,” Luhan voices in response to Sehun’s death stare for not using his voice now that he has it. “But until it arrives,” Luhan trails off, tapping the ends of his index fingers together as he glances down at them and stops them in embarrassment. “Could I…”

Sehun’s confused and lost, but when Luhan gestures to Sehun’s hand which is resting on his thigh, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter