Chapter #12

Tiny Little Men
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Generally, Kris can sleep for hours and through an earthquake without being woken up. In fact, he did once. But when he feels a kicking against his inner thigh, the male stirs and rubs his eyes, his attention immediately going down to where Tao is kicking him. As if he’s having a nightmare, the little guy is flailing his legs about all over the place, occasionally giving Kris a boot and having him wince.

Scooping the little male up in his right hand, Kris is careful not to jostle him around too much as he walks slowly to the kitchen. There he pours a little amount of milk into a saucepan with one hand, shifting it onto the hob and igniting it. Warm milk usually helps calm him – that being another one of his secrets that he would never willingly divulge to his dongsaengs for fear of merciless teasing.

Hearing the flick of the hob, Suho comes running through with hushed footsteps.

“Are you heating milk?”

Kris nods, gesturing to the sleeping – and still kicking – figure in his palm.

“Any chance you could do a little for Yixing?”

“Sure thing. Do you want me to bring it through?”

“Nah that’s okay, I’ll wait.”

Kris tips a little more milk into the pan, heating that up too as Tao slows down his kicks for a second.

“So how’s Yixing then?” Kris asks casually.

“He’s okay I think. I’m trying to prove I’m not a heartless monster hence the milk. What’s your excuse?”

“I think Tao’s having a nightmare, and I figured I’d try to help him. Like, to stop him from kicking me, you know?”

Suho just chuckles. “You don’t have to pretend you don’t care, Kris. I’m not going to rip you to pieces if you show you actually like the boy.”

Kris sighs. “Fine. But if you tell anyone else about this then I will not hesitate to throw you from the highest floor of this building.”

“Yeah yeah. So, you do like him then?”

“Who, Zitao? Yeah, he’s an alright kid.” Suho raises one eyebrow as he stirs the milk with a spoon. “Alright, I like him like that. How can you not, he’s adorable!”

Suho laughs again. “I get that. You’re not the only one who’s gotten attached to the boys. I think the other four boys are absolutely enamoured by their roommates.”

“And what about you?”

“I…don’t know. Yixing is adorable, and sometimes I could just squish him up, but I feel like I have to be the responsible one here and keep a clear head.”

Kris place his free hand on Suho’s shoulder, “Suho, you’re allowed to be a little irresponsible sometimes. And you’re allowed to have feelings, it’s not illegal. I say you should go for it.”

“Yeah, maybe.”

Suho gives the milk one last stir before turning the heat off and then fetching two glasses to pour the liquid into. He evenly distributes it, coming to a quarter of a cup full each. After all, the guys are only small. Then a straw is slipped into each drink.

After smiling and bidding a farewell to Suho, Kris is suddenly just left with Tao, who has upped is kicking again. When he whimpers like he’s in pain, Kris decides he should wake him up.

Lightly Tao’s hair, Kris eventually wakes him up with whispers of his name.

“Hmm?” Tao mumbles as he stretches out his limbs. “What’s going on?”

“You were kicking about a bit, so I made you some warm milk,” Kris explains as he sits the glass down at the kitchen table and then Tao next to it. He also angles the straw around to the little boy to aid him.

“Thanks,” Tao shyly mumbles as he sips at the drink and smiles to himself.

“Is it okay?”

“Mhmm. It’s really good, thank you. You didn’t have to.”

“Who says I did this because of obligation? Maybe I fancied heating some milk up for my favourite guy.” Kris winks and watches Tao blush and hide his body behind the glass, chuckling to himself.

* *

As Suho enters his bedroom quietly, he sees a movement from the duvet.

“Did I wake you?” he whispers as he enters the fully dark room and taps a lamp on.

“Nope,” Yixing murmurs, “I woke up a few moments ago and you weren’t here.”

Suho smiles a little at the little guy adorably rubbing his eyes with his fists as he yawns. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter