Chapter #4

Tiny Little Men
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chen, Kai, one caramel macchiato for table five," Sehun calls. Aka Jongdae and Jongin. He's using the guys' code names because they're a little paranoid about people knowing their real names. Suho and Kris thought a similar thing a few years ago, but since then they've forbidden anyone from calling them by Yifan and Joonmyun. If you're caught saying that to them, you'll get a swift clip round the ear and it soon gets tiresome.

"Got it," 'Kai' replies from the kitchen, rushing out to stand by Chen's side. Sehun's job is to take the orders, Jongdae makes the drinks and Jongin takes them to the customers. Suho and Chanyeol are stationed in the kitchen to make the food, whereas Kris is by the door to welcome the customers. He got promoted from taking orders when they got more popular and suddenly needed people to queue, so of course Kris got a smarter uniform so that he could stand and welcome the customers. Lucky son of a cow.

Sehun then continues his rushing around the room to take more orders and scribble them down on his notepad in short-hand, tearing the paper off to stick it up on a board by Chen's head and call out the order as he does so. By the time he's got another fifteen orders under his belt and the queue is finally seated, he goes and slumps against the wall by Jongin's waiting station.

"You look shattered," Jongin laughs breathily as he wipes his brow on the back of his hand.

"I am. I'm absolutely bloody worn out. Today's been busy," Sehun pants. "And I can't stop thinking about the boys back at home."

"Me too," Jongdae scoffs from a few feet away. "I hope they're alright."

Suho then rushes out to the order board and snatches three of the paper tears and holds them in his hand. "They'll be fine, there's only another two hours to go. What could possibly go wrong?"

The café doorbell rings again and Sehun feels his heart and face fall. Oh god, when did they get booked for a party?

* *

"Ha! You can't catch me, Zitao!" Luhan cackles as he takes a daring leap from the arm-rest of the sofa to the cushions, landing into a forward roll before starting off again quickly and then jumping down onto the floor. The Chinese man is right behind him in every step, practically breathing down his neck. They're playing tag, taking advantage of their new surroundings.

Suddenly Zitao makes a leap of faith and tackles Luhan onto the floor face first, his chin scraping the carpet as he groans.

"Gotcha," Zitao laughs and rolls off his hyung, darting away to avoid getting tagged back right away.

Luhan groans and rubs his chin, seeing blood on his hand when he pulls it away. But there's still a game going on, so Luhan pulls himself up off the ground, starting off at a run as he darts the way Zitao came from and runs behind a door that's about twenty times his height. He stops and takes in his surroundings, seeing they're in a bedroom but it's not Sehun's. There's a grand bed just like the room he slept in last night, but this one is dark blue whereas Sehun's was a matte grey. The little man looks around him cautiously with squinted eyes, scanning for any signs of life. He can't see Zitao anywhere to get him back for his injuries, but he can definitely see Minseok's trainers pointing out from behind the dresser. With a sudden surge of confidence, Luhan runs towards the spot and stomps one of his feet down on the exposed limb, seeing Minseok come crumbling down on top of it.

"You're it!" Luhan shouts and waves his arms, running away through the giant door again and heading for the bathroom he saw earlier on his self-made tour. Minseok cuddles his foot, wondering if any of his toes are broken, but then remembers he's got to win this game. With nothing at stake besides their pride, everything is on the table. It was also decided that tag/hide and seek would be a great way to see everything the flat had to offer. Besides the six bedrooms and bathrooms, it seemed huge. There was a large kitchen and living room, even having a study that seemed to be huge. Even to a normal human it looked big. The flat could easily be converted into a house and still be considered big, but for some reason is was stuck to one floor. It not only made it feel larger, but also made it easier to get lost in.

Setting off at a run again, Minseok sprints out of the door and goes looking for his friends.

* *

Two hours later, Chanyeol goes barrelling through the door that he'd barely unlocked before it was flying on it's hinges. Into the apartment he flies, throwing his bag down near the coat rack before stopping in his tracks and picking it up carefully to hang it, checking if the little people had been crushed under his bag. No collateral damage this time.

"Where are they?" Sehun asks nervously as he goes through right after Chanyeol, looking around for any people on the floor. He can't see any. "Luhan?!"

"Sehun, calm your . They'll around here somewhere, it's a finite space. Just spread out and we'll look for them." As always, Suho acts as the voice of reason and calms everyone down sufficiently before each of the boys goes into a different section of the house and starts to look for the boys. Despite there being six little boys to look for and make sure weren't hurt, each normal sized human seemed to have just one on their minds.

Chanyeol heads for his bedroom first, a part of him hoping he finds Baekhyun just on his bed. The sheets are still tucked in and the duvet doesn’t seem to have been disturbed, upsetting Chanyeol. Nevertheless he decides to look around his room and see if he can find the little guy anywhere.

“Baek?” he calls softly in the hopes he can be heard. But to no avail, as he gets no response. That’s when he notices just how untidy his room really is. There are shirts and trousers all over the floor and there’s a towel lying near his bed from his earlier shower when he dropped it where he was finished with it. With a sigh of disappointment and shame, he picks up a shirt he knows is clean and tosses it in his still open drawer, closing it with a thud afterwards. Then he picks up some trousers and some dirty shirts, flinging them over his shoulder into his washing basket to deal with later.

Then a horrible thought dawns upon him. What if Baekhyun was somehow under the clothes? Does that mean he got swept up with Chanyeol’s dirty washing?!

“Baek?!” Chanyeol shouts a little louder this time, kneeling down by his washing basket to pick up the items of clothing carefully and check each and every pocket to make sure he was nowhere in them. After all, he could have fallen asleep. If that was the case, now he was at least a foot deep in dirty laundry.

By the time Chanyeol reaches the last t-shirt and shakes it out, he realises there’s no tiny person in there at all, much less Baekhyun. With an exaggerated sigh, he pushes a hand through his hair and sinks backwards to sit on the floor, one knee propped up. Where could that guy be?

That’s when Chanyeol thinks he’s officially going crazy, hearing thumps. Like someone’s knocking on next door’s window. So that’s what he rules it down to. Until it carries on and he can hear squeaking along with it. Again he thinks he’s losing his mind, but then remembers where he’s heard that kind of squeaking before. That means there’s a tiny man around somewhere, but he can’t think where.

“Oh!” Chanyeol suddenly shouts, making one jump over to the drawer he flung his shirt into and yanking it open, finding Baekhyun stood in a pile of his clothes thumping against the front of the drawer with all his might, even when it’s been opened. So he puts his hand under the shirt he threw away and scoops the little guy up, gently hugging him to his chest as the guy squeaks in surprise.

“I thought I’d literally lost you,” Chanyeol breathes as he lets up on the embrace a little, feeling Baekhyun crawl up his arm and perch on his shoulder. Baek decides he’s going to test something he thought about earlier, so he leans in close to Chanyeol’s ear.

“You almost did,” he says as clearly and loudly as he can, and to his shock, Chanyeol turns his head with wide eyes.

“Did…did you just talk to me?!”

Baekhyun nods with a proud smile, happy he’d finally found a way to talk to this guy. Chanyeol puts a hand around the figure sat on his shoulder as he stands up slowly, moving into the living room and lying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter