Chapter #10

Tiny Little Men
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As can be expected, whilst one of the little guys was being seen to by Daesung, their respective roommate refused to leave their side.

“Okay, shall we go by age?” Daesung announces as he takes the first needle out of it’s own plastic compartment, then readies a tube by taking off the twisted top. Minseok cautiously steps up to the tall human, Jongdae right by his side as he does so. The needle is sterilized with a substance that is applied onto a cotton wool ball, then completely cleaning the needle before Daesung holds his hand out for Minseok’s. The little guy slowly hands his hand over, Daesung taking it carefully and angling it so he only has a hold of one of his fingers. The needle is poised at the flesh before Jongdae speaks up.

“You know what you’re doing, right?”

“Of course I do, I’ve done this before. Just a little prick of the skin, then the blood is dripped into the tube, then it’s all over.”

“Right,” Jongdae replies cautiously. “Just make sure you do it right.”

“Jongdae,” Suho interrupts, “I’m sure he will.”

Quicker than it would have taken to protest, Daesung has the needle piercing the flesh and Minseok hisses, attempting to pull his hand back. But Daesung’s grip is strong yet gentle, tipping Minseok’s hand over the tube and dripping five drops into it before releasing the small guy. He runs right into Jongdae’s awaiting hand which then scoops him up and holds him to his chest. Though Minseok hadn’t seen the fellow pick up any tissue, he’s glad he did. Jongdae gently wraps Minseok’s whole hand in the tissue (which he’ll claim was to be extra careful) and then holds the hand softly to his chest as if to heal the wound immediately.

“Luhan?”

“Coming,” Luhan replies as he shuffles out of Sehun’s hand and over to Daesung. Another needle is drawn and sterilized in the same way as the first, Daesung looking to Sehun before going through with it, as if for permission.

“Are you going to question my capability as well?” Daesung asks with a smirk jokingly.

“Only if you screw up and hurt him,” Sehun replies firmly. Luhan blushes at the tone of authority, though he knows full well that Sehun is far younger than Daesung.

“Like I would do that.”

Daesung takes a grip on Luhan’s wrist, holding it so he has a view of his index fingertip. Once the prick is made, Luhan lets out a yelp that has Sehun flinching his arm forward and around Luhan, though he doesn’t move him away. Daesung leaves it a second before continuing, that second spent glaring at the maknae of them all. Then Luhan’s little hand is turned around and the five drops are spilt, Sehun taking the little man away as soon as he physically can. As with Jongdae, Sehun cradles the boy to his chest and wraps some tissue around him, though he’s careful to just get it around his finger. Luhan whimpers as he snuggles up to Sehun’s chest, the youngest feeling like doing serious things with that needle just for hurting his Luhannie.

“Yixing, you’re up next,” Daesung sighs as he prepares the third needle. To his surprise, Yixing saunters up and sits down on his own, Suho just keeping a careful watch from nearby.

The third tube is the easiest filled, Yixing only scrunching up his nose when the incision is made and Suho not jumping in at any point. Daesung widens his tiny eyes in surprise when he sees the lack of attachment between the two, yet smirks to himself when he finishes with the Chinese boy. For just like the others, Suho swoops the boy away, yet he completely takes him away to his room.

“What are you doing?” Yixing questions, though his microphone was left in the kitchen so Suho can’t hear him. He huffs in annoyance at the loss of his voice.

“I can guess that was a question,” Suho states as he lies Yixing down carefully on his sheets and the little boy is startled. “So here’s your answer. You can rest a little bit since you didn’t get any last night thanks to me, and I’ve also had a brief talk with the other guys my size. You think I don’t appreciate your presence as much as the rest of my group does.”

“I don’t think that,” Yixing lies, his voice coming out as yet another squeak.

“Yes you do, Luhan told me earlier. And yes, I guessed what you just said. I just want you to know that even though I haven’t been the most hospitable of my friends, I’m definitely going to be from now on. You’ll sleep wherever you like, do whatever you wish, and I hope we can grow closer.” Suho shrugs his shoulders as he scrunches his mouth to the side, making Yixing smile at his little confession.

“Thank you,” Yixing squeaks back, causing Suho to giggle.

“You’re welcome?” Suho guesses again. “I’ll leave you here to rest for a while, should I come get you in a bit?” Yixing nods. “Okay then, have a nice sleep. Oh and here you go.” Suho presents Yixing with a little square of tissue, the little man showing off his dimples as he sits up and wraps the tissue around his injured finger. He’s completely forgotten about the pain until Suho brought it up again.

Suho walks back out to the kitchen, smiling to himself at his progress. He honestly does hope he can grow closer with the boy, it would be a shame if he felt rejected. When Suho returns, he finds a sight confrontation going on between Chanyeol and Daesung.

“What’s going on?” Suho questions as he joins the group.

“I can’t work in these conditions!” Daesung remarks as diva-like as he can, putting the needle he had down and running his hands through his hair.

“Well if you will make remarks about slipping your hand, how do you expect me to react?” Chanyeol shouts back, and Suho then notices how Baekhyun is curled up tightly to his chest. The little guy then reaches up to the bottom of Chanyeol’s pocket and tugs on it gently, getting his attention. He then points to his backpack and the hallway, and Sehun just throatily laughs.

“I don’t get it,” Kris announces in confusion, Jongin answering him.

“Looks like our Chanyeol is going to get a strict telling off,” Jongin howls with his hands on his knees.

Chanyeol grabs the backpack and sneaks off to his bedroom, dragging his feet as he does. As he places Baekhyun down on his sheets, he prepares to get told off by a guy the size of an apple. The little guy shifts the backpack on.

“Okay, I know you’re going to lecture me on how I shouldn’t have kicked off, or how I should have let him do his job, but he was there going on about how he ‘sometimes trembles when he’s under pressure’ and I couldn’t take it!”

“Slow down would you!” Baekhyun shouts, laughing at the tall guy as he looks over in shock. “I wasn’t going to have a go at you!”

“You weren’t? What were you going to say then?”

Baekhyun slumps back into the pillows and wrings out his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter