Chapter #1

Tiny Little Men
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What in the hell is that?!" Jongin remarks obnoxiously loud as they all stare at the contents of the box.

Kris voices what's on everyone's mind. "I think you mean, who the hell are they?"

Inside the wooden box lay six tiny people. Six tiny bodies all laid down next to each other in a line, all staring up at the large six faces staring back down at them.

"Please tell me I'm dreaming," Chanyeol murmurs and Jongdae pats him on the back. In truth, they were all more than a little confused. How could little people even exist? Wasn't this the sort of thing that only existed in fairy books or fanfictions? If people the size of apples existed, what was to stop a unicorn from galloping out of the sofa and eating the television whole?

"If you are, we're all in the same dream." As soon as Kris lets the words leave his mouth, he jumps back when one of the people starts moving. In fact, everyone steps back from the box as if the little person was going to give them a disease. Within seconds, there are little arms hanging over the lip of the box and the person is climbing over the edge, legs swinging over one after another. It's making little squeaking noises as it positions itself on the edge, swinging both of it's legs with a happy little grin. It begins to talk, but all that can be heard is a high pitched squeal as it rambles and continues swinging it's legs.

"Sehun, could you hook him up to the karaoke?" Suho says next, and the maknae goes running off to switch the karaoke machine on and brings the microphone over. He lays it up the side of the box and the little person shifts a bit to get closer to it.

"Hi," comes the squeak. Again all the 'men' jump back and Suho ducks subtly behind Jongin. "I'm Luhan."

“Uhh hey Luhan, I’m Suho.” The little person holds out their hand, and for a moment, Suho doesn’t know what to do. He panics and holds out his hand too, leaving Luhan to grab onto one of his fingers with both of his hands and shake it. To say it was adorable would be an understatement.

“If you don’t mind me asking,” Kris stutters out, “What are you doing here, Luhan?”

“Our last owner got a dog,” is all the boy says, suddenly holding out a hand for his friend to climb up. The second man sits down on the ledge as well, followed by his friends as they all perch on the edge. “He got us at different times, but then the dog tried to eat us so he said he’d give us to people who’d take care of us.”

“Who was your previous owner?” Jongdae asks, getting an answer from the boy next to Luhan.

“The guy next door,” the boy answers, “I’m Minseok, by the way.”

“So that’s what that banging’s all about!” Sehun suddenly shouts, banging his hand on the counter. This sends vibrations to the box and it shakes, shaking all of the little people and causing Luhan to fall forwards. The maknae puts out his hand and catches Luhan, holding him in his hand to apologise. “Sorry.”

A squeak comes as the response from Luhan, confusing Sehun. “He said it’s fine,” Minseok pitches in, speaking into the microphone.

Curiosity getting the better of him, Sehun lifts his hand and settles it near his face with the little Luhan still sat like a genie in the centre of his palm. The tiny guy looks a little confused, watching eagerly as Sehun rotates his hand and inspects the thing sitting in it.

“You’re really tiny,” he muses, his voice sort of rumbling in Luhan’s ears. The boy just nods proudly, like he’s happy to be one of six tiny people ever. “And really…” Sehun trails off, looking over to Jongin who seems to be thinking a similar thing. As if they understand what they’re both thinking, Jongin suddenly laughs.

“He is!” Jongin replies loudly, backing away from the table so he can laugh louder without deafening the little people.

Luhan looks up at Sehun in confusion.

“You’re really cute,” Sehun finishes, turning his hand to make Luhan face him as he blushes deeply and suddenly bends his upper hand forwards folding his head into Sehun’s palm from the blushing. Then there’s more squeaking which the taller boys can’t understand, so Minseok fills them in.

“He said he’s manly.”

Luhan perks up his head at the sound of Sehun trying to hold in his laughter and his hands shaking, prompting Luhan to put his tiny hands on his tiny hips and make Sehun laugh even harder.

“I’m sorry,” Sehun breathes when he’s calmed down, “It’s just a little funny to me.”

Sehun lowers the now squeaking figure to the microphone again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter