Beginnings of a Reconciliation?

My Muse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're off key," Naito said and abruptly stopped playing a piano chord.

"I'm doing my best," Seohyun grumbled. 

Naito was stricter than she had though. Sure, he seemed nice, but once one got to know him, he was a total Spartan teacher.

"Your a whole entire key off," Naito instructed.

"It's only the first day we're practicing," Seohyun said, "You can't expect me to be perfect right off the bat."

"Don't you want to get a good grade?" Naito asked strictly, "We only have a week, so it's best to get most of the work done early, but don't worry. We won't overwork so much that your voice gets strained." 

Seohyun put her hands on her hips.

"How do you know so much?" She challenged.

"My mom used to be a vocal trainer," Naito replied, "I come from a musical family." 

"Is your mom Korean?" 

"Yeah. My dad is Japanese and he's the only one who isn't involved in music. He's a chemical engineer," Naito answered. 

"That's cool," Seohyun said.

"What about your parents?" he asked her.

Seohyun paused.

"My mom was a kindergarten teacher and my father was a physics professor," Seohyun responded shyly. 

"Physics professor? Wow," Naito was pleased, "Your science background must be pretty strong. I bet he teaches you a lot!" 

Seohyun couldn't help but laugh. Naito seemed to be amazed.

"You seemed really happy hearing my dad is a physics professor," Seohyun said.

"I really admire those in the science field," Naito said, "Like it might seem weird but my dad is literally my idol. However, as your can see, music just suited me better." 

"You seem to be really close with your family," Seohyun said, a hint of envy in her voice.

"I guess," Naito shrugged.

He seems to really love his life.

Seohyun thought to herself.

He's even able to make such good memories with his family. 

"Whatever. We're getting off topic. Let's take it from the top," Naito quickly went back to work. 

Half an hour passed and Naito acquiesced to Seohyun's constant begging to take a break.

"Thanks!" Seohyun exclaimed cheerfully and quickly skipped out of the door. 

She wanted to see how Jonghyun was doing. She expected to take at least ten minutes to see him, but she realized he was sitting alone in the hallway. She walked over.

"Jonghyun!" she greeted, but Jonghyun didn't look up. 

"Jonghyun-ah!" Seohyun repeated and lifted his hood off.

To her shock, Jonghyun looked up at her with teary eyes. He hastily pulled out his earbuds. 

"Oh!" Jonghyun dried his tears, "I didn't know you were here."

He stood up abruptly.

"Hey," Seohyun touched his arm, "Tell me what happened. Did someone do something to you?" 

Jonghyun didn't answer. 

"Jonghyun-ah," Seohyun urged, "I'm your friend. You can trust me."

"Later," h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter