A Blossom Love Has Just Begun!

My Muse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This was the second time Jonghyun felt such pain in his heart. The first had been when he hadn't been able to protect Sooyoung back in middle school. He had to get her out of his mind. He halted in his tracks. 

"She doesn't even think of me anymore," he sighed, leaning his head back, "Why do I still care about her so much?" 

 

A few years back...

"Hey, Jonghyun."

"What do you want, Taewoo?" Jonghyun asked lazily in the classroom.

"You decided which high school you want to apply to?" Taewoo said.

"High school?" 

"Man, it's almost the end of the semester!" Taewoo laughed, "Everyone's ready to go their separate ways already!" 

"Separate...ways?" Jonghyun hadn't thought about his future. 

"Yeah," Taewoo clicked his tongue, "Time goes by fast, doesn't it? I'm kind of sad about not seeing everyone next year, but I'm excited for meeting new people too, you know?" 

Jonghyun didn't respond right away. 

"Jonghyun?" 

But Jonghyun was staring at Sooyoung, who was reading a comic book in the corner of the classroom. 

"Separate...ways?" he whispered to himself. 

The school bell rang and it was already time for dismissal. All the students were chattering about what high school would be like.

"Hey, Jonghyun!" Taewoo called, at the classroom door, "Everyone's going to a karaoke bar after school! Come join us!"

Jonghyun looked from his friend to Sooyoung, who was timidly packing up her materials. 

"Jonghyun-ah!" Taewoo shouted. 

The students behind Taewoo gestured for Jonghyun to come. 

"Uh..." Jonghyun lied, "My mom's making me clean the house today! I can't go. Sorry!" 

"What?" Taewoo was surprised, "Since when did you actually do chores? Don't you have a cleaning lady for that?" 

"She's...on a leave, right now!" Jonghyun stated. 

"Aw," Taewoo sighed, "Well see you after the weekend!" 

The other students all left and Jonghyun waited for Sooyoung by the classroom door. She stopped in front of him. Jonghyun leaned his head back onto the wall.

"Let's go somewhere, huh?" 

Sooyoung nodded, seeming to be excited. 

Jonghyun and Sooyoung walked at the same pace. They reached a small playground. Jonghyun threw his backpack on the mulch and jumped onto a swing.

"You come too!" 

Sooyoung followed and sat on the next swing. The two started to swing back and forth for a while. Once the momentum of the swing was lost, the two sat on the swing set.

"Are you ready for high school?" Jonghyun suddenly asked her.

Sooyoung stared at him with wide eyes. She nodded her head yes enthusiastically. 

"I see," Jonghyun sighed deeply, "I don't think I am yet, but my mom wants me to go to some music school."

Sooyoung suddenly stood up from her swing and pointed to herself. 

"You? You're going to a music school too?" Jonghyun exclaimed. 

Sooyoung nodded her head yes. 

Jonghyun was about to smile, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter