A New Friend

My Muse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was finally lunch time and Seohyun was the first one to exit the classroom. 

"Why are you in such a hurry?" a snobby voice asked her.

She turned around, only to face Jessica.

"You think you can do whatever you want because your uncle is a teacher here?" she provoked.

"No, I just need to get to lunch..." Seohyun tried to explain herself.

"You know," Jessica glared at her, "Back in period two, you didn't even bother watching the video. What? You think you're just that smart?"

"No, I'm not trying---"

"Hate to break it to you," Jessica sighed sarcastically, "But there's already a top student in our school, so wake up."

"Okay," Seohyun replied, realizing Jessica was not worth her time. 

Having expected a better reaction, Jessica didn't know what else to say.

"So," Jessica said awkwardly, "Yeah. Just know that, loser."

Seohyun hated arrogant girls. 

She arrived at the cafeteria and was surprised that everyone, except Jonghyun was sitting on the right side. Jonghyun was on the left by himself eating his lunch. 

"Newbie!" a familiar voice shouted out. 

It was the ert guy from earlier. 

Seohyun looked in the opposite direction. She made eye contact with Jonghyun and he waved timidly. She smiled at him and hustled over to the seat next to him. 

"Jonghyun, right?" Seohyun asked him. 

"Yeah, you remembered," he grinned delightfully.

"But," Seohyun looked over her shoulder, "Why is everyone over there?"

"Hmph," Jonghyun chuckled, "It's because he's there and I'm here."

"Huh?" Seohyun asked, not understanding the situation.

"Basically," Jonghyun sighed, "I'm proud to say that I'm a musical genius and the nicest guy ever."

Seohyun laughed at this boastful side of Jonghyun.

"But there's one thing I lack," he continued, "And that's friends."

"What about your friend with my notebook?" Seohyun asked him.

Jonghyun reached for his backpack and pulled out her diary.

"That's me," he smiled, embarrassed, "I just wanted someone to sit next to during lunch. That's all."

Seohyun felt sympathy for him.

"But I hope that you won't feel pity for me and become my friend just because of that," Jonghyun said nervously.

However, Seohyun didn't hear him, since she was too concentrated on finding her picture. To her relief, it was still in there.

"Thank you," Seohyun smiled at Jonghyun.

"You act like that's all you have," Jonghyun laughed.

Seohyun pulled out the picture of her and her mother.

"It is," she replied, but decided not to kill the mood with this sentimental atmosphere. 

"Since you found

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter