Fail

My Muse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun sat in her uncle's car while driving home.

"I can't lie to you," he said solemnly, "I'm quite shocked by what I saw today."

"Nothing...happened," Seohyun lied, but she couldn't get Yonghwa's kiss out of her mind. 

"The whole point of this was to get you out of comfort zone, to allow you to cooperate with others," her uncle started, "But if it gets too out of hand, especially with a boy, considerations must be made. I'm one hundred percent sure you were raised properly to not do such promiscuous things."

Her uncle continued to lecture Seohyun on how to keep herself "safe". 

"Yes, that boy is well known in our school and he has exceptional talent in the music field," her uncle continued, "But all boys at your age are the same. Self control isn't exactly a teenager's best suit."

"Uncle!" Seohyun complained, feeling extremely awkward, "You know me. I would never do that."

"The whole point of transferring you here was for change," her uncle stated, "But that didn't mean too much change."

They arrived in front of their house and before Seohyun stepped out, her uncle said, 

"I'll be telling your aunt about this."

"You can," Seohyun declared, "But it won't matter to me because nothing actually happened."

Her uncle didn't seem to believe her words. 

Seohyun had her bedroom door open just enough so she could eavesdrop of her aunt and uncle's conversation. 

"A boy?" her aunt was in fact extremely gleeful, "That's wonderful, though!"

"I found them together in the janitor's closet! And it was dark in there!" her uncle said with urgency. 

"It's just another sign that she's become more like girls her age," her aunt defended, "This means she's beginning to open up to other people. We're all shocked because events escalated a bit quicker than we thought they would."

"Yes, but still..." her uncle wouldn't buy his wife's argument, "I'm going to have to keep a watchful eye on her from now on."

"Go ahead," her aunt agreed, "Seohyun did say that nothing happened, so if that's true, there's no reason for her to hide something."

Their voices got lower and Seohyun could no longer hear their conversation. 

"Hiding something?" Seohyun mumbled to herself, "I'm not the one hiding something. It's you guys...not even telling me Uncle is sick."

Her convoluted thoughts were interrupted when her aunt called for Seohyun to come to the dining room. 

"Yes?" Seohyun came down the stairs. 

Her uncle motioned for her to sit down.

"What is it?" Seohyun asked them.

"Your uncle is not believing a word you and I are saying to him," her aunt smiled, "So why not bring that young man here?"

"What?" Seohyun got up from her chair.

"What's the great reaction for?" her uncle narrowed his eyes at her, "You told me nothing had occurred between you two."

"Yeah," Seohyun said anxiously, "Nothing...happened."

She slowly sat back down in her chair.

"Bring him over for dinner tomorrow. Just come with him to school. Is that alright for him?" her aunt asked.

"Yeah, we ride the bus toge---" Seohyun stopped.

"You ride the bus together?" her aunt's eyes were about to pop out, "That's why you wanted to go take the bus this morning!"

"I thought it was because you wanted to eat breakfast," her uncle said suspiciously.

"Oh, Dear!" her aunt waved her hand for her husband's attention, "I thought it was weird because right after you left, Seohyun didn't eat anything and ran outside for the bus!"

"Are you two...dating?" her uncle questioned awkwardly.

The room became silent.

"Are you?" her aunt persisted.

"Uh..." Seohyun didn't know what to say.

Suddenly, her phone rang. 

"Excuse me," Seohyun said and walked over to the next door living room.

"It's probably him!" her aunt whispered to her uncle excitedly.

"Hello?" Seohyun answered.

"It's me, Dasom," a snobby voice on the other line said.

"Oh..." Seohyun couldn't hide her disappointment. 

"You're dating him?" Dasom seemed happy, "You work faster than I thought. Good job."

"About that---" But Seohyun never got to finish her sentence. 

She was stunned that Dasom had been so rude, but more than that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter