A Nervous Beginning (*note: more yongseo in this one)

My Muse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This was the second time Seohyun couldn't move. The first time had been when she had heard the news of her mother's death.

"Passed away from a disease that was detected too late, am I correct? You did not have enough financial support...and not only that...you're living off of your aunt and uncle," Dasom seemed to be enjoying this torment of Seohyun.

Seohyun could do nothing but listen.

"Do you know why my father, one of the head professors from a rival school, comes to meet with your uncle?" Dasom questioned. 

Seohyun gave no response.

"It's because your uncle," Dasom grinned, "Is sick."

Seohyun abruptly got up from her bed.

"What? Say that again."

"Your uncle is sick, Choi Seohyun," Dasom explained, "And because of your school fees, your aunt and uncle haven't been able to visit the hospital. Treatment is too costly," Dasom explained.

"My uncle..." Seohyun was overwhelmed.

"But if you bring Jung Yonghwa," Dasom lifted her chin up in the air, "The outcome could be all different."

She slowly opened the door and took a step out.

"Oh, I almost forgot," Dasom smirked,"Here."

She dropped the photo on the floor.

"You've got one week to do it," Dasom cackled.

Dasom was about to close the door when Seohyun suddenly realized this was her last chance.

"How?" she exclaimed.

Dasom was surprised.

"How...do I convince him?" Seohyun asked her.

Seohyun knew that there was no going back.

"Hmmm," Dasom hummed and closed the door behind her, "How do you get a guy like Yonghwa to do what you want?" 

Dasom pulled out the chair from Seohyun's desk and sat in it, crossing her legs.

"I know," A light bulb went off in Dasom's mind, "You just have to mess with his feelings."

"Huh?" Seohyun didn't get it.

"The student council has done some background research on the guy and we've learned that he's quite the player," Dasom said, "And the only way guys like him are tamed is if he finds someone that means something to him. And, since I'm a genius, that's gotta be you."

"Me?" Seohyun pointed at herself. 

She tried to picture her flirting with Yonghwa. She shriveled up just at the thought.

"Is there any other way? He's not exactly my favorite person," Seohyun explained.

"Ah! This is great," Dasom exclaimed, "You already know each other!"

Dasom got up from the chair and went over to pick up the photo of Seohyun and her mother. She handed it over to Seohyun who quickly snatched it back.

"You'll need strength from this," Dasom smiled fakely, "Because you better show some result."

Dasom exited the room without saying a word.

Seohyun stared at her mother's face in the picture.

"Oma," she spoke softly to herself, "Someone said that Uncle was sick and because of me, we don't have enough money to help him. And I just accepted a ridiculous request. What do I do?"

Seohyun her mother's face.

"I wish you were here," she whispered and closed her eyes, a tear rolling down her face. 

The next morning, Seohyun stepped into the kitchen.

"We're late," her uncle said, hurriedly running towards the front door, "Remember? Teachers have to get there an hour earlier than students."

"I'll take the bus today," Seohyun replied, "I haven't eaten breakfast yet."

"You sure?" her uncle was surprised, "You'll have to know the way on your own, though. Have you ever taken the bus before?" 

"How hard can it be?" her aunt supported Seohyun's decision, "This is great, when you look at it. She's becoming more independent."

"Alright, then," her uncle shrugged and waved good bye. 

Seohyun couldn't stand her uncle's face. He was always so cheerful, but he was in such physical pain because of her. Her aunt laid out some breakfast on the table. 

"I'll just drink some milk. I don't have much of an appetite," she rejected.

Her aunt was confused.

"Did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter