The Past is Unchangeable

My Muse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naito and Seohyun stopped in front of a sound proof room.

"I was told this was our practice room," Naito explained and opened the door for Seohyun to enter first.

"Thank you," she said. 

In the room was a piano.

"You're a pianist? I thought you played viola!" Seohyun exclaimed.

Naito shook his head.

"You lucked out this time," he grinned, "I play both, so it's your choice which instrument you want to use."

Seohyun pointed at the piano.

"If you don't mind," she added. 

"Alright, then," Naito accepted and opened the piano, running his fingers along the white keys, "Baldwin. Nice brand."

Seohyun placed her bag on the sofa in the room. She took out her laptop, searching up songs, while Naito got familiar with the piano. 

"Piano accompaniment..." she muttered to herself. 

"Just choose any song," Naito remarked, "I can transpose on the spot."

"Oh," Seohyun was glad, "That's quite convenient."

She closed her laptop.

"You know My Bride by Yurisanja? That's one of my favorite songs."

"Sure," Naito smiled, "Let's get to work."

 

Meanwhile, Yonghwa had paired up with Sooyoung, a violinist. 

"So," he started a conversation awkwardly, "You have any ideas?"

Sooyoung shook her head.

"Do you even talk?" Yonghwa eyed her.

She shook her head again.

"Geez," Yonghwa looked at her disapprovingly, "I can't have a partner who doesn't even have the confidence to voice herself."

Sooyoung looked surprised by his insult.

"What?" Yonghwa snapped, "God. If I could've had Lee Jonghyun. Things would've been interesting."

Sooyoung suddenly stood up.

"What now?" Yonghwa glared at her.

Sooyoung took out a pencil and scribbled the name Lee Jonghyun on a scrap of paper.

"What about him?" 

You know him? Sooyoung wrote.

"Will you just talk?" Yonghwa shouted at her, "How am I supposed to get any work down if you're this incompetent?" 

He got up, but Sooyong held onto the end of his shirt. Yonghwa flicked her hand off of him.

"Please," he scoffed, "Don't think I'll pity you."

He stormed out of the room. 

 

Progress was worse with Jonghyun and Jessica.

"Are you going to pick a song or not?" he demanded, "I thought you wanted to get all of this over with."

"I'm tired," she sighed, lazily checking her Instagram feed, "I'm just taking advantage of this free time we're given. We can always work on it later."

"If you're not going to work," Jonghyun got up from the piano chair, "I might as well leave."

"Actually," Jessica put her phone down, "I wanted to ask you a question."

Jonghyun sat back down.

"What?" 

"Choi Sooyoung," Jessica started, but before she could even finish her sentence, Jonghyun stood up abruptly. 

"If you mention that name to me one more time," he threatened, "I will kill you."

"What? Just like you did to that professor two years ago?" Jessica cackled. 

Jonghyun, furious, ran up to Jessica and grabbed the collar of her shirt. 

"Yah!" Jessica shouted, but Jonghyun was obviously stronger than her.

"Don't you mess with me, you ," Jonghyun said ominously. 

"Fine, fine!" she gave in. 

Jonghyun took his things and slammed the door behind him. 

"What the heck," Jessica grumbled to herself, straightening out her shirt, "If you still care about her that much, you could at least acknowledge her existence. Such a weird guy."

Jonghyun calmed himself down by taking multiple deep breaths. He leaned his head back against the door. 

"That damn girl," he muttered quietly. 

He closed his eyes, and his memories went back to his toddler years. 

 

"We have new neighbors."

"New neighbors, Mama?" Jonghyun asked his mother. 

"Yes, Jonghyun," she replied, his hair, "There's a girl about your age."

"Girl?" Jonghyun stuck his tongue out in disgust, "I don't want the girly disease!" 

His mother laughed. 

"Let's go meet them now. Mama made cookies for our new neighbors."

"No!" Jonghyun refused, "I don't like girls!" 

His mother lifted her five-year-old son up in her arms.

"You'll be saying the exact opposite when you get older, Jonghyun-ah."

"Ew!" the boy exclaimed in disgust. 

His mother and Jonghyun walked over to the neighbors' driveway. A little girl was drawing a rainbow with chalk while her parents sat on lawn chairs, reading books. 

"Hello," Jonghyun's mother greeted, carrying a pink basket of homemade cookies in one hand and Jonghyun's hand in the other, "I live next door. I'm Lee Yumin. And this is my son, Jonghyun."

"Oh, hello!" the girl's mother rose from her chair, placing the book behind her, "Hi! It's such a pleasure to meet you..."

Jonghyun's mother let go of his hand as she went over to greet the girl's parents. The girl dropped her chalk immediately and walked over to Jonghyun.

"Wah!" Jonghyun yelled and ran over to his mother for safety. 

"What is it, baby

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter