Submissiveness

My Muse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mingyung-ah! Our poor Mingyung-ee!" 

A woman lay crouched on her knees, slapping the wood floor with her hands. 

"My poor sister!" 

The mourning was something Seohyun didn't want to see. Her mother was gone and all her relatives were sobbing, barely able to catch their breaths. Somehow, everyone forgot about the twelve-year-old girl dressed in a silk black dress. They didn't understand that the greatest pain lived in the heart of the young girl who stood behind all the crying relatives, the girl who stood alone. Seohyun couldn't bring herself to shed a tear. It had all happened too fast. In the morning, it was "Good morning, Mom!" In the afternoon on the phone, it was, "I'm hungry!" But by evening, it was asking her aunt if her mother would come back. 

Her legs hurt from standing for so long. Seohyun sat down on her and wrapped her arms around her knees. She buried her head into her chest to try to block out all the noise. To try to block out reality. 

 

Four years later.

 

"I'm worried for her."

"Darling, the transition will be too difficult. You know how she feels about music."

"So you want to leave her that state? I know that's not my sister's daughter!" 

"Think about it rationally. The last thing we need is Seohyun to have to struggle in a new environment."

"You'll be there! She'll be fine!" 

"Don't you remember how she feels about music?"

"Yes! She stopped singing after Mingyung-ee died. And she changed. But I want my niece back, and so does my sister."

"What do you plan on doing?"

"She's going to officially transfer to your school when the school year starts. Talk with the board to make sure she's in your vocal class."

"It doesn't work that easily. If it did, I would've brought her there a l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter