Chapter 27

Love Unexpected

Sehun had been hauling the latest armful of rubbish from the kitchen to the garbage pile at the edge of the clearing when it hit him. It was a familiar feeling, the coursing warmth that was almost painful. And it had to hit now of all times. Now, when the pack was far away from the city and their usual grounds. Far away from the hotel and the method So Ra dictated to protect the omegas from the alphas.

Sehun collapsed to the ground as the first wave hit him. He felt the warmth in his core, he could smell it, he could feel the liquid pooling. Groaning, he managed to prop himself up. Damn, why now. Why?

When the heat hit him he could not think straight, he could not reason out his next move. He didn’t plan, he just did. Which is exactly what happened. He shifted, his clothing being torn to shreds with his transformation.

In wolf form he had more strength, more mobility, even in his heat. He began to slink towards the cover of the forest, as far away from the house as he could get. It would only be a matter of minutes before the alphas – before Tao, knew he was in heat.

The forest was thick around the house, disappearing should not be that much of a problem. At least disappearing from sight. His scent that was the problem. It would lure any hybrids from a few miles around – the alphas at least.

Sehun whined, continuing to make his way through the forest slowly.

***

To say the living room of the stone house was in chaos was an understatement. Heat had hit the pack and every alpha and omega had lost their mind. Well, other than So Ra. Jongdae and Suho had thankfully made it for the nearest room in which they could mate, and were taken out of the equation. But as for the rest of them – suddenly everything turned to pure lust and violence.

Jongin pushed Kyungsoo behind him, just as Chanyeol had picked up Kyungsoo’s scent. It mattered little to Chanyeol that Kyungsoo was already mated to someone previously, because the scent was all that mattered. The desire, fulfilling that need. Chanyeol shifted and lunged, just as Jongin did the same.

Luhan was quick to push Minseok behind him as well, but that did little. The pregnant pack leader was not about to see Chanyeol accost their youngest Omega, so he shifted too. The heat had yet to hit Minseok, he was pregnant so he wasn’t exactly sure that it would. He had no experience with how this worked, but he was damned sure that he would put Chanyeol in his place for going after Kyungsoo.

Luhan had no choice but to shift, which ended up with the rest of them shifting. A room full of wolves was a sight indeed, especially wolves fighting.

Minseok latched onto Chanyeol’s hind leg, biting hard to yank him away from a cowering Kyungsoo and a furious Jongin. Luhan had enough sense to tell the both of them to get the hell out of the room while Chanyeol was preoccupied with a raging Minseok holding him in place. Jongin and Kyungsoo did just that, rushing out of the living area and up the steps to whatever secluded corner they could find to be alone.

Chanyeol Minseok then, his mind hazy with the prize he had just lost. That was a big mistake, because Luhan was on him in a second. The instinct to protect his mate was strong, and he was ready to do it at all cost.

Luckily for Chanyeol he didn’t need to. Chanyeol let out a yelp but backed off – largely because something else caught his interest. Minseok and Luhan looked over to the far corner of the room to see Baekhyun cowering behind So Ra, who was even more formidable in wolf form. Standing, hackles low, growling, was Yixing. Baekhyun was in heat too, and So Ra was resolute to protect the omega even if she had to fight to do so.

Chanyeol went for Yixing, and the older hybrid returned the favor. Luhan and Minseok considered their options, which involved getting in the middle of the fight over Baekhyun- largely so Yixing and Chanyeol wouldn’t kill each other. But they found another slice of luck in the middle of the chaos- So Ra leapt on Yixing, pushing him down. Yixing yelped, but a decision had been made. So Ra would always protect an omega from being taken against their will, but if their mind was made she would back off.

Chanyeol found Baekhyun then, and there was no fight for what happened next. So Ra nodded at the leaders to go, she would see to Yixing. And by see, it was fully evident that she would drag him from the room (which probably wouldn’t be that hard given the fact once an omega was spoken for – in the middle of mating any way – the fight was no longer carried out. Yixing should go willingly, being the only one unmated this time).

Minseok and Luhan, not wishing to see Chanyeol and Baekhyun mate in the middle of the living room, decided it was best they go. Not bothering to shift back to human form, Luhan followed Minseok, who pushed open the front door and trotted to the forest.

***

Tao was not present for the brawl because as soon as he had picked up his boyfriend’s scent he was gone, on the hunt. He shifted, knowing full well Sehun was in wolf form as well just by his smell. He followed the trail Sehun left behind, the strong and alluring scent. Through the thick forest, the branches scraping against him he followed. But he didn’t care, he had tunnel vision. He had to find Sehun, and quickly.

It wasn’t long before the scent became overwhelming, Tao was already hard when he found Sehun lying on the ground in a small opening in the thick trees. Sehun was whining, the heat in full force he did not notice as Tao approached him.

Tao knew that Sehun had wanted their first time to be special, that he had said before he didn’t want the first time they slept together to be because of their instincts brought on by the heat. But Tao didn’t really give a at the moment, because Sehun looked so damn good lying there, waiting to be dominated. He wasn’t going to wait, he knew that much.

***

A painful bite pulled Sehun’s head up from the ground. Through his hazy vision he could see who it was. He could smell him, and he wanted it. He wanted Tao inside of him. Sehun was so far gone, so far overtaken by his need, he simply whined and pushed against the wolf who had pinned him down.

Tao responded with a low growl. Sehun rubbing against him made his grow harder, his desire increase. He wanted to take him like this, as wolves. As animals, caught up with their base instinct. Sehun made another move, rubbing against Tao’s again, teasing him.

Tao had enough – his mouth found the scruff of Sehun’s neck once again. He pushed his face down into the dirt, letting Sehun’s stick up in the air, dripping with heat. Asking to be taken.

Tao mounted Sehun without letting go of his neck. He felt how wet Sehun’s twitching hole was, the warmth inviting him, engulfing him as he pushed his in. Tao let out a low and husky growl, still holding onto Sehun’s scruff, as he seated himself balls deep.

Sehun jerked forward with the intrusion. He had never mated before – in human form or wolf form. And Tao was large, filling him, making him feel like he would split in two. Sehun whined, but instead of a whine of need it was a whine of pain.

Tao heard his mate, but he couldn’t’ stop if he wanted to. He was already too far gone – Sehun was so warm and tight, he felt too damn good. Tao began pumping at a furious pace, unable to control the speed even if he wanted to. His mate didn’t seem to mind. After the first whine of pain he felt Sehun pushing back on his , matching him for , pushing his in deeper.

Sehun liked it like this, he just had never known it before. He liked how rough Tao was being. He liked having his face shoved into the dirt while he was filled up, while his partner displayed no mercy in his s. Sehun’s was rubbing on the ground, it was painful and pleasurable at the same time. He moved back, trying to take Tao in deeper. The end result was Tao ing him harder, his being shoved into the ground with more force. His bundle of nerves being assaulted over and over again by Tao’s rough actions.

It was too much. Sehun threw his head back, coming in strings of white painted on the ground, rubbing down the length of his and ending up on his stomach as Tao became even more aggressive.

Tao felt Sehun’s walls clench on his , felt his mate come with a shuddering force. He was so close, so goddamn close. He bit down hard then, marking Sehun as his own. It was only a few more deep s before he felt his knot taking form, with one last powerful motion he lodged it in his mate.

Sehun cried out as he was filled more, as the previous pain he had felt became nothing in the face of this new intrusion.

Tao, shaking through his , spilt his seed, white hot, in Sehun. He shifted then, and Sehun did almost immediately as well.

“Shhhh…. Hun-ahhh” Tao tried to speak, but he was still in the throes of his , of his knot spreading Sehun further – filling him with his seed.

“Tao” Sehun whined, trying to move away. But he could not. Tao pulled him closer, nuzzling his neck, nuzzling the bleeding bite mark that would tell the world Sehun was his and his alone. Tao’s knot was so deeply lodged in him that he doubted he would be moving for a while. Now he knew why Jongdae had made a comment about mating being amazing, until the end. It hurt, it hurt so badly.

He was being filled, claimed, by his mate. He would not be going anywhere for a while. He had to bear the pain.

Tao, coming down from his high, began trailing light kisses down Sehun’s neck, as if to say he was sorry for the pain. Sehun felt a tear escape his eyes, but he started to relax into Tao’s affection. After all, this whole mating thing was kind of amazing. Okay, it was ing amazing.

***

What started as Luhan following Minseok was soon turned around – Luhan took the lead. Minseok wasn’t sure that Luhan knew where they were going any more than he did (Sora had mentioned that Luhan had left here as a small pup) but he thought he would take his chances.

As they made their way through the woods they smelt Tao and Sehun, and steered far, far away from the area. The last thing either one of them wanted to see was their maknae’s mating. Finally, after about a half an hour of half walking, half running, the sound of water could be heard.

Luhan slowed, making his way through the underbrush, holding branches back for Minseok to pass. When Minseok struggled through the last ring of thick foliage his breath was taken away. Rock ledges jutted out, encasing a beautiful waterfall. The water fell into a pool of water, which narrowed into a stream. Moonlight played on the cascading water, tinging the landscape with a sort of magic.

The stars were clear here, trees did not block the view as they did in the woods. Buildings and pollution did not choke the view as it did in the city. It was the first time that Minseok had seen the night sky, as it should be seen, since he had been taken during the purge.

Luhan shifted to human form as he approached Minseok, his mate did the same. They were both , their sudden shift having been performed without care for their garments. But somehow it was fitting that they would both stand in this magical place, this place of nature that was likely long forgotten by humans and hybrids alike.

“It is beautiful” Minseok whispered, feeling Luhan’s hands snake around his waist, encircling him, resting on his growing stomach.

“Isn’t it.” Luhan took a deep breath, appreciating the clean air.

They stood that way for minutes, not speaking, not moving.

Minseok broke the silence first, jumping in surprise. “Lu- did you feel that!”

Luhan had tensed, because he had felt it.

“They kicked! Yunho and Sunhi kicked!” Minseok put both of his hands on his stomach. It was the strangest feeling, like he had butterflies in his stomach but stronger.

Luhan spun his mate around to face him, putting his hands over Minseok’s. In the last few weeks Minseok had begun to show more, his stomach protruding in a way that was far more noticeable.

“Do it again little ones.” Luhan smiled at Minseok and then down at Minseok’s stomach.

They waited, with baited breath, until they felt the movement again. Words were not really needed, they were insufficient for the situation. Tears were in both pack leader’s eyes as they marveled at their pups first movements, their family becoming a more solid reality every day.

***

 Three days had passed since the heat had hit the pack, and the instability it brought had become a thing of the past.

Minseok had not gone through heat, which answered the big question of if it could happen when one was pregnant – apparently it did not. But Minseok had never had a regular set of hybrid characteristics, so in the end the jury was still out on this fact. So Ra told them it usually did not, but it could happen. Either way Luhan and Minseok had been busy, just not with a raging instinctual need driving them.

The big news came the evening of the third day. The members of both packs were back to normal, albeit some of them were celebrating a new relationship milestone. If Tao and Sehun had been clingy before it was nothing compared to how they acted post-ion. Sehun was sporting a deep bite on his neck and a smug face – and he never left Tao’s side, not even for a minute. They even showered together.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were the odd couple that no one had seen coming. The two of them had fought more than they had gotten along in the weeks they had lived together, how they decided it was a good idea to mate was lost on almost everyone. Except Yixing, who was heard to tell many of his fellow pack members he saw it coming “I never stood a chance”.

Luhan felt a little sorry for Yixing, since he was now the only unmated member of the pack, but Yixing assured him all was well. He had, after all, found some time to wander out to the forest where he found an injured rabbit, which he promptly brought back to the house and was busy nursing back to health.

“I think I found my calling hyung! It isn’t even afraid of me when I shift!” Yixing exclaimed, confusing Luhan as to why he had shifted in front of the bunny (but he decided that question was best answered another day). Yixing had named the tiny furry creature Kris, which no one bothered to question.

As the moon rose on the third day after the heat had taken hold, a new scent was introduced to the mix, putting everyone on edge. Well, more than on edge, they were fully ready to fight to the death.

Through the open window it drifted.

“It is a female” Minseok remarked, perking up. The rest of the pack had followed him, their alarm raised.

“It is Victoria” Luhan calmed his mate after picking up the scent himself “I left instructions for her”

Minseok knew Luhan trusted the hybrid, Changmin’s girlfriend, implicitly, if he had given her an idea of where they would be. He was a little hurt Luhan had not confided this detail to him, but at the same time he understood how it could happen given the way they had to escape Seoul.

Victoria followed the scent of the packs, arriving at the house a short time later. So Ra was at the door, welcoming her in.

Victoria was given the most comfortable chair in the living room (which was not saying much) as the rest of the packs gathered around, filling the small space completely.

“What is going on in Seoul?” Minseok asked, his tone full of worry.

“There was another attack, this time in front of the Eastern Dawn mansion” The news had all of them looking around the room, trying to gauge how insane all of this was, “There is no way you guys can return there.”

“What about Ahn?” Luhan questioned.

“He has been everywhere on the news - espousing his campaign platform of finding all of the hidden hybrids and eradicating them.” Victoria looked sad as she reported the latest, as she should be. She had as much to lose as the rest of them, “Sung Woo….”

Minseok swallowed, waiting to hear what he knew would be tough news, “Has disappeared. The day after you guys left.”

“Disappeared?” Minseok was trying to digest the words. He assumed his Father had done something wrong, not disappeared.

“I have every reason to think he was taken to a lab. He served his usefulness for Ahn, who knew a lot more than he let on. I am sorry Minseok.” Victoria gave Minseok a sorrowful look, reaching out her hand to pat his knee in sympathy, “He thought he was playing Ahn, but Ahn has had someone in the inside for a while.”

“Who?”

“Do you remember the hybrids who took your youngest?” Victoria shot a look at Sehun and Tao, who frowned at her, “Sung Woo trusted them with too much, and Ahn had them in his pocket the whole time. They were let go from the lab for that purpose, but your Father never saw it coming. Ahn played Sung Woo – until he was more of a liability than an asset. Once you guys left he knew Sung Woo could do nothing to keep you guys in check. So he had him captured.”

Minseok felt sick. His father wasn’t a good man, he wasn’t a compassionate man. But he was still his father, and now he was back where he had come from.

“What about you?” Minseok raised an eyebrow, questioning how Victoria, an associate of Sung Woo, could still be free.

“Changmin and Professor Jung were tipped off, I got away. And before I did –“Victoria took a packet of photographs from the bag she was carrying, throwing them on the beat up table in front of her, “I managed to get this.”

Minseok and Luhan looked at the pictures in interest, the rest of their pack mates leaning over to get a peek too. The pictures were of an older man frolicking in a room salon, at a casino too.

“We have what we need to blackmail the scientist at the hybrid lab. Changmin is meeting with him tonight. After he gives us the sign we need to infiltrate the lab – and this may be our only chance. Whatever we find there we need to document.”

The hybrids were silent, only nodding in agreement. This was their chance, maybe their only chance.

“If we can’t get any evidence of what the government is doing to our kind…the fight is probably lost. I doubt any of us can show our face in the city again…” Victoria looked sad as she spoke the words.

“We understand.” Luhan spoke up, “We are going to do whatever it takes.”

A retching sound was suddenly heard, causing all eyes dart to where Sehun was standing next to Tao.

Sehun had felt a bit nauseous earlier, but he had ignored it. But now, it was too much. He doubled over, Tao’s hand on his back as he began throwing up all over the wooden plank floor.

“Hun-ah, are you okay?!” Tao asked, ignoring the concerned looks.

Sehun held a hand up as if to say he was, but in all honesty he felt like .

So Ra took a deep breath before delivering the news calmly, decisively “Sehun is pregnant.”

Tao looked like he was about to faint while Sehun, still throwing up, threw a disgusted look at So Ra.

“How cute!” Minseok exclaimed, putting all of his cheesiness into the statement just to annoy Sehun, who subsequently flipped him off while he was still vomiting.

Soon they would have more members in the Cloud Mountain pack, more members in the Eastern Dawn pack. It was more important than ever they suceed, for the pups that had yet to meet such an ugly world, a world where their kind was hunted. Minseok prayed they would succeed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n- Some poorly written for y’all  (seriously I at writing , forgive me- but I gave you more pups! Taohun pups! Yay!) Oh, and Yixing has a bunny named Kris. Don’t hate on me! It happened, okay. Shhh, just remember the Taohun, Xiuhan puppies *avoids projectiles*

So my statement about having real world obligations and not updating – well I found me some time, so yay!

Thanks as always for subscribing, double thanks for voting! You will never know how much I appreciate you guys!