Chapter 9

Love Unexpected

Well that was disappointing. He had spent a night in a hotel, perfectly not okay with nothing to do but moan and look like a fool by himself, and look at Vogue magazine in between a desire for . He would not be mated, that was his prerogative and damn if he would not stick to it. Oh- and then there was what happened after So Ra let them all out of their individual rooms, certain the heat had passed for the pack members.  

“Where is Minseok hyung?” Chanyeol asked, looking around.

The pack, or the ones that were not otherwise occupied were sitting in the dining room of the suite, with So Ra at the head of the table doling out breakfast.

Chanyeol’s question had everyone looking around. The group at the table was smaller than that which had entered the hotel the night before. Chanyeol was there, Yixing, and Baekhyun (who was complaining of a killer headache and how much he hated going through heat with nothing to do but sweat and throw up and sleep. When Chanyeol questioned why he didn’t take a mate if his heat was so bad he acted affronted by the suggestion).

Tao was there as well–smiling proudly. He was an alpha, he picked up the scent of the omegas the night before. Sehun sat idly at the table, looking bored and annoyed.

That left Jongin and Kyungsoo missing – but anyone would have seen that coming. But Luhan…and Minseok?!

“He is with Luhan” So Ra said casually, acting like it was the most normal thing in the world two pack leaders were holed up together.

“Do you mean….?” Chanyeol’s face turned pale.

“Minseok hyung is an omega?!” Tao asked, his own shock evident.

“It would appear so” So Ra answered just as casually, passing a plate of eggs to Yixing.

“Go, Lu Ge!” Yixing shouted.

Everyone grew silent at his words, staring at him.

“I mean, um, Minseok is an omega?!” Yixing tried to correct himself.

Sehun stood up, disgusted at the conversation.

“I’m going to my room, I lost my appetite.”

“Hun-ah, can I come?” Tao asked, worried about his friends sudden annoyance.

“No!” Sehun stalked off, leaving a hurt looking Tao behind.

“Be patient with him, he is so young” So Ra smiled at Tao and patted him on the shoulder.

Tao nodded, not entirely convinced patience was the best tactic when it came to Oh Sehun.

“Does that mean Minseok isn’t your leader anymore?” Baekhyun asked, taking a bite of bacon.

“Yah! Minseok is always our leader!” Chanyeol yelled, insulted anyone could even say something like that.

“Well he is an omega – unless you are an idiot you would know omegas don’t lead packs.” Baekhyun retorted.

“I should throw this plate at you-“Chanyeol stood up, ready to wipe the smirk off of Baekhyun’s face with violence.

“I should throw a plate at both of you.”

Everyone’s heads jerked towards the entrance to the dining room. Luhan, messy hair, rumpled pajamas, and a flushed face was standing in the entry way.

“Lu ge!” Baekhyun remarked in surprise.

“The one and only.” Luhan smiled before walking over to the table, “We have to eat after all. Can I get a plate to go?”

“Ewww” Tao whispered, very aware of why he needed a plate to go. It was like his parents were mating or something.

“Oh, and Minseok is in charge of his pack until he says he doesn’t want to be. I hope that is understood.” Luhan stated, his expression turning more serious.

“An omega in charge of a pack?! And I had thought I had heard everything.” Baekhyun muttered.

“Chanyeol?” Luhan asked, grabbing the food that So Ra had quickly gotten together for him.

“Yeah Luhan hyung?”

“You have my permission to throw a plate at Baekhyun.” Luhan smiled that angelic smile, “See you guys later, I’m a little busy right now.”

“Ewww” Tao cringed again.

Chanyeol picked up a plate and grinned from ear to ear “Well if he says so”.

Baekhyun dove under the table. Yixing laughed.

So Ra smiled. It was nice to have everyone together – even if it involved plate throwing from time to time.

***

It was unbelievable, Sehun thought, that two people could have that kind of stamina. It was late in the afternoon, two days since the pack had gone to the hotel. The rest of the pack had returned home. They had walked into a giggling Jongdae and Suho, which had caused a lot of eye rolling and scoffs – but then again they had to put up with a sickeningly sweet Kyungsoo and Jongin on the ride home so their patience had already been tested.

Luhan and Minseok – well they were still at the hotel. In fact they had only been glimpsed individually, here and there, as they left their room for food or some other necessity. It was disgusting, Sehun thought, that Luhan would not only mate with that short unfashionable weirdo but that he would do so for days on end.

“Hun-ah, do you want to go for a walk?” Tao asked his friend, rubbing his back.

Sehun rolled his eyes.

“Where?”

“I thought we could go to the movies. Or maybe the playground?” Tao said. He had been very aware of Sehun’s dark mood since it was revealed that Luhan and Minseok had mated. He would be stupid to not connect the dots. Sehun was jealous of Minseok. It bothered Tao a little, but he had yet to fully explore why he felt disturbed by it.

“Fine, but you are buying me bubble tea.”

“Of course Hun-ah!” Tao grinned, pulling his friend towards the front door.

***

“Well, I am not sure what we do now.”

Suho sighed heavily. It was unexpected news – that the pack leader he had followed since his youth was an Omega. By all sense, all laws that dictated hybrids for years, Minseok could no longer be their leader. But that truth was painful.

“Luhan hyung said he was still the leader…so, not sure what that is worth.” Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders. As soon as they were back at the house he had pulled Kyungsoo and Suho away from their mates (with a lot of trouble) to discuss the recent development.

“The way I see it we have a choice. We keep following Minseok hyung as our leader or we join the Eastern Dawn pack.” Kyungsoo spoke quietly.

“Don’t you think he would want us to join packs anyway? I mean, half of us are shagging them anyway.” Chanyeol had a way with words.

Suho shot him a terse look. “That may be, but we are a pack. We can’t just give that up so easily.”

“Minseok seemed to.” Chanyeol responded. It was a low blow, but it was mostly true. If Minseok mated with Luhan he had given up any kind of separate identity. He was bonded to Luhan, to another pack now.

“Why is this so confusing?” Suho sighed.

“Because life is like that” Kyungsoo answered, “I vote we wait to decide anything until Minseok gets back. We don’t know if he already has all of this figured out.”

“But that would mean we still follow him.” Chanyeol was on fire with his comments. He would be lying if he said his pack leader’s recent actions had not angered him a bit. After being so strict with his pack, after being so resolute he would never join the Eastern Dawn pack he had given in as soon as heat had hit him.

“Well, I do still follow him.” Kyungsoo answered, shooting Chanyeol a death glare.

“Well I am not so sure that I do.” Chanyeol answered.

“Just…let’s wait for everyone to be back together. Following him or not- I think we should vote.” Suho held his hands up in mock surrender.

“You would.” Chanyeol shook his head. Sometimes his pack could be so soft, “Fine. We’ll wait for the lovebirds to get back.”

***

Said lovebirds were busy watching television.

“I would seriously smack her” Luhan remarked, taking another handful of popcorn while shaking his head at the drama playing across the screen.

Minseok nodded.

It had been a dizzying couple of days- full of learning experiences. Like how Luhan didn’t need a lot of sleep. Oh, and how he could go from having to being once again in a matter of minutes. About how much he liked in the shower. Not to mention the .

But Minseok had learned things about himself as well – like how much he wanted to jump Luhan when the other one woke up with ruffled hair and puffy cheeks. Of how he liked to be ed into the mattress, feeling Luhan’s strong arms at his side. How much he liked being kissed on his neck, how much he liked it when he fell asleep with Luhan’s body pressed against him.

“I used to feel like doing that to you” Minseok took a handful of popcorn himself, motioning at the screen as the heroine of the show slapped her rival in the face.

“Used to?” Luhan grinned at him.

“Well, I still do. But I kind of hate you and like you now. More like, but still hate”

Luhan laughed, that long and hysterical laugh Minseok had become accustomed to.

“Don’t laugh! It’s true” Minseok shook his head, “You just don’t want to believe it.”

“Oh, I believe it. After all, you are the only one I have ever met that hated me from day one – and made me feel it every second of every day since I met you- painfully.” Luhan put a hand on his chest in mock pain.

“I think that means you really like me” Minseok grinned.

“Are you seriously asking me that? I am pretty sure we have had a dozen times if not more.”

“ does not equal love.” Minseok answered, turning pale as he realized he had used the L word.

Luhan looked at him with wide eyes. Before he could say anything a loud buzzer sounded. Someone was at the door of the suite.

“Who could that be?” Luhan grumbled, getting off of the sofa to answer the door. Minseok followed him, curious.

The buzzer sounded a couple of more times.

“Coming!” Luhan hurried his pace, still more than a little annoyed someone was interrupting his time with Minseok.

When he opened the door he was met with a disheveled Chanyeol, who basically pushed his way inside.

“Chanyeol? What is wro-“

“They have Sehun and Tao. The rogue hybrids – they took them!” The words spilled out, the urgency in Chanyeol’s tone loud and clear.

“Oh ” Luhan looked at Minseok, seeing his expression mirrored. This was not good, not good at all.  

“How?!” Minseok demanded, his blood running cold as he thought of the two younger wolves being taken by those monsters.

“I am not sure how, but they got them – look” Chanyeol shoved his cell phone towards Luhan and Minseok. It was a video, “They said they would let them go if you go there Minseok hyung”

Now Luhan’s blood ran cold. He unconsciously pushed Minseok behind him, as if to protect him.

“What do they want?”

“I don’t know hyung.” Chanyeol pushed play.

The video was of Sehun and Tao, bloody and bruised, tied up. There was one wolf that stood in near them, speaking to the camera.

“Send Minseok and I will let you have your pups. If you want them alive” He kicked Sehun in the stomach “You better show up Minseok-ah”

Minseok paled. He had never seen the man before, what in the hell did they want him for?

“I’ll go.” Minseok stated.

“No hyung!” Chanyeol cried. Even if Minseok had disappointed him, he didn’t want to see anything happen to him.

“I’ll go and you are not going to stop me” Minseok said again, pushing his way past Luhan and Chanyeol.

Suddenly Luhan wasn’t so happy. In fact he wanted to cry as he rushed after his mate – who was ready to sacrifice himself for the younger members of the pack. Is this what love felt like?

 

a/n- someone needs to stop Tao from taking walks! Seriously, that boy! Hope you liked it, and yeah…I just assume if Minseok and Luhan ever hooked up it would be a multi-day thing (hehe, my dirty mind). I mean, could Luhan physically not jump Minseok’s bones continuously if he was given permission from the man himself? I don’t think so.  Next chapter has some guest stars so get ready (and don’t hate me if they are your favs, I adore them as well). Cheers!