Run you clever boy

Fake you out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Run Woohyun run.

You don’t know where to. It doesn’t matter; you have to run as far away as you can. You don't turn back this time. Even if a part of your mind is telling you that he is laughing and it’s strange and you should stop and ask about it. But no, you have to run like in the movie. You only stop to send a stupid message to fix everything you ruined by falling asleep in the kid Kim’s house. Idiot.

 

In the message, you put some lies here and there. And you cover up the situation.

 

Look up Woohyun. Look up and see the monster you are. You are in front of a TV and you see your reflection. It’s like the Dorian Gray painting that shows the real you, the one that no one knows. The one you can’t see or else you'll die, but you are already dead so it does not make any difference. But you do have to hide yourself and your ugliness because, even though, you do not care about your looks. You look awful and you can’t show like that to your date. So you put a cap and a pair of glasses you bought and you go to the cafeteria.

 

You are holding a hot black coffee, black as your soul. You are staring at it as it could have all the answers to the questions you have. Like: why did you buy it if you are dying for something cold, even if you hate the bitter taste of coffee? Or how are you going to fix all this; because according to your calculation you are 50% screwed and going up. But the coffee can’t answer you. No one can.

 

 

 

-Hyunnie?

 

 

 

Right, your date, when did he arrive? Were you so focused on the coffee that you didn’t notice? No, you weren't. You weren't there. You never are these days.

 

You look up and you are greeted by a ghost. Pale skin so pale that there isn’t even a hint of red where it should be in those cheeks of his. He has bags darker than you if that’s even possible. He has lost weight marking, slightly, the bones of his face. The worst is the red, the red of his hair that looks like it’s dying. When? How? Why? All those questions are passing through your mind. Yet the one that sticks more than the others is: How didn't you notice earlier? If you look like , he looks like hell.

 

 

 

-Hyung...what...?

 

 

 

Fear.  That’s a first. You see fear pass through his eyes. That’s something you have never seen before. Something you never thought you’d see. But it’s there, as clear as the daylight. And you are scared now.

 

He fishes for his phone, he scribbles something with his shaking hands, he stands and runs. And you are left there, sitting dumbly, not knowing what to do. When you are about to see what he saw, what made him run, your cell phone vibrates. A message. Run. That’s all it says. And you don’t think; you act. But your eyes catch what your brain didn't. Blonde hair (that you know), an evil smirk (that you also know) and a black hat and white teeth.

 

Your heart is beating already as it had run 500 miles. By seeing the things your brain didn't register.

 

But you don’t know that. You run. Once again you run. Not knowing where to, you run and you are scared of what you are running from. You are scared of the thing that has scared your leader. You are scared, at some subconscious level, of what you saw.

 

 

 

-Sorry

 

 

 

You hit someone while running and he did answer. Once again that voice is so familiar. But you are too focused on running and your fears that you don't think twice to stop and go back.

 

 

 

55% and going up.

 

 

 

 Idiot.

 

 

 

You end under the shadow of a cherry blossom without knowing where the red hair went. And with your heart beating faster than the one of a cartoon character. You are tired now, your body wants to remind you that. He has such timing for breaking down, like you. But what did you expect when you treat him like . So you fall under the shadows of the Sakura. You fall in the darkness. Don’t you find it funny? Because I do. It’s what is happening to you now.

 

If you want, close your eyes, sleepy head; but don't you dare to dream. Because that only bring us problems. And we already have 99 problems and we don't need a new one. But before you close your eyes to the light that tries to save you, you send a text.

 

 

 

Sleeping there for the whole week. Family absent. Wth happened?

 

 

 

And you close your eyes.

 

A cell phone? No. A camera? Yes. That is the sound that you hear. The click of a photo being taken. Taken near you. Or maybe of you.  Open your eyes and find out. So tired that you only get to open them a little bit to see a black spot with a camera. Black. Black hats? You open your eyes too fast. You get up too fast and the light blinds you. The light is too strong and white for a creature like you. So you can’t see, you can’t stand. You take refuge in the shadow of the Sakura to see nothing in front of you. No black. No camera. You are losing it. Great.

 

Your brain hurts. And no, it isn't because you are tired it’s because that annoying song is been played by your phone. You know who it is. You know you should answer. But you don’t feel like it. However, you are 55% and going up. So you answer.

 

 

 

-Hyunnie how are you? I am very worried. You didn't show up today. And then that message. Hyunnie?

 

 

 

your life. You don't feel like acting the cute boyfriend now. Acting sick is easy because you are. Sick. When weren't you?

 

 

 

-Fine Hani don't worry. Tomorrow I'll be back. Sorry, I left you guys today but I couldn’t even move. I am sorry. How are you?

 

 

 

You are sick and you have to say sorry for that. How messed up is that? And worry about them when you should be worried only about yourself. But that’s the fake life you are carrying. You should be used to it by now. But you are not. It always is your fault. So exhausting.

 

 

 

-I am great! But you don’t sound that good. Tell you what: I am going to take care of you

 

 

 

No, no. Hell to the no. Yeah, she has been before. But you aren’t there, you are miles and miles from there and she is surely near. Your family isn’t there. No one is there. And she can’t find out that will be hell. No. No. No, think fast. Speak now!

 

 

 

-See you

 

 

 

And you hear nothing on the other side. . You are screwed. 60%. Run. Run. Run! You can do it. Or maybe not. But even then; run.

 

You run, you fall, you jump, you can’t breathe anymore. Your heart is beating so fast that you think you could have a heart attack. Heck! I am praying for one, or for a car to crush you. Because even that is better than what is waiting for you at home.

 

White Fences. You see them and you run a bit faster, even though it’s killing you. Even though you are now crying because of the pain. But you have to do it. If you want to survive you have to.

 

Faster than flash you have to be.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter