Crooked

Fake you out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-You came early. Why?

 

You don’t answer. Because you don’t know. Or maybe you know but you don’t want to answer because you are afraid of the answers. You are sick and tired of the questions and answers. Especially the ones without an answer. The ones revolving around a Kim kid. So you shrug your shoulders and you pass over him to his house. He must be surprised because that is so unlike the fake you. But you are too tired to think. You are an idiot. Well, he does look sleepy so maybe he didn’t think too much about what you just did. But you are always wrong with your maybes, right Woohyun?

 

He’s wearing all black. From head to toes his body screams sleep. His hair is pointing in every direction. His clothing is all wrinkled. His eyes are almost closed. And let’s not forget how he yawned like a kitty. You may have found it adorable. If you were paying more attention; but you aren’t. You are also sleepy but you know already how to hide it from everyone. Some makeup here and there. Some fake smiles. And everyone thinks you are fine. When don’t they?

 

The answers you shouldn’t speak of or think of while you are in your fake form can’t leave you alone. So you aren’t you. You are zombie Woohyun today. And that is not good. Today, like always, you should play your game. But you can’t. So ing tired.

 

The house or apartment is big, and when you say big - it’s big. The one you call home is really small compared to this. In your house, you almost can live all the six of you. Here you could live all of you comfortable. But you aren’t here to describe. You are here to do what you came to do and then leave. Like a band-aid: quick and fast.

 

-Wait here while I go and change.

 

You almost recognize the words. As soon as he leaves you alone, you fall on the couch and you take a nap. When you shouldn’t. You are here to do the homework. To be the fake one. Not the real one. So you wake up. Wake up Nam Woohyun! I won’t be dragged down with you! Wake up, you idiot!

 

-Woohyun?

 

Perfect, he found you like this. Add that to the list of things you did in front of the Kim kid. Things you shouldn’t do, never. Except on weekends. And yeah, today is Sunday. But today you aren’t at his (your) house. You aren’t being you. You are at the kid Kim’s house. You should be being your fake you. So no maybes today. You are ing everything up. And the worst? You know but you are too tired to worry. Too tired to use the mask as you should. Today the mask is crooked. And you don’t have the energies to put it in the right way. You are Screwed.

 

-Sorry. I am tired. My dad made me work with him in some ‘new project’ of him

 

Lies. That is the only thing that gets out of your words. Your dad doesn’t do any project of any kind. And even if he did he wouldn’t ask for your help because he doesn’t want to disturb his “perfect” son and his “perfect” life. You are used to talking as if someone else was talking for you. That wouldn’t change, even if the mask is crooked. That is your ABC. But the eyes of the kid Kim don’t leave your face. They are studying you. And you are scared that maybe the mask is more crooked than what you thought. That he can see the lies that no one can. You are ready for the plan B. Plan you have never used. But this maybe is wrong because he smiles at you with sympathy. And another one bites the dust.

 

But you feel sad. Because it would have been great that someone could see behind the mask. It would be dangerous and wrong. But most important of all: if there were someone. You are sure you don’t want that someone to be the kid Kim, right?

 

-So we have to make a project about a book we have read. And I know you had free choice to read and you chose A Wise Man Fear, right? So what if we do it on that book?

 

You have read that book a thousand times. Even though it’s thick and you're fake you only read it to pass the class, not because you like it. But he doesn’t know that. He doesn’t know that the real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter