The fake and the true

Fake you out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Monday once more, and once more your clock is telling you that its time to get up. Because you take an hour to prepare your mask. Perfection takes times that's what they say, that's what you learn. You turn off the clock and get up, you should feel tired. You went to sleep late, because of the homework to keep your mask. Because it's five am.

 

But you don't feel tired anymore you got used to it. Is as easy as breathing to you, you don't even know anymore why do you still use the clock. Habit? No. Because it's part of the mask that's why because everyone is expecting for you to do that and you can't let them down. You never do. Now as easy as ABC you take a shower where you put all your cosmetics even do you hate to wear them because they are so fake. But who are you to judge?. You check yourself in the mirror you practice your smile. This is a habit because your fake smile is perfect. That's what she says all the time.

 

Everything is good you can go now and put on the uniform of the school. The uniform that you take so much good care because without it, your mask will be and visible. And you can't have that. So you put your uniform all tidy and clean. You make some imperfections because that makes it looks cooler. And you have to look cool because you are the president of the class, the captain of the baseball team. You are popular. Next, ou style your hair a little. You don't do all this because you are an attention seeker. You don't need all this to call attention. You know that but you also know that this is what they want from you. So you do what they want without a word. Watch the idiot talk, watch the idiot walk right?. Your physical looks are ready. Your backpack is ready. Your fake you is ready.

 

Its six to ten and you should have breakfast with your little sister and your older brother. And your parents that they have this week off. This will be a hard week and you know it. You breathe in and out. You are about to open the door to the room. It isn't your room because in your room you should be able of being yourself. Yet you have never been yourself in this room. In and out you breathe. The clocks marks, exactly, six to ten. And you Hear.

 

-Woohyun-ah breakfast is ready

 

In and out. Lights, camera, and action!

 

-Coming mom

 

They can hear your smile in your voice. Two steps at the time, because that means your happy that you are excited to get there. Everyone is there. Your father is reading the newspaper. Your sister is playing with her toys. Your brother is listening to music. Your mom is bringing the plates, food she obviously didn't cook because she can't but you all pretend that she did. You smile as big as you can. And it hurts oh it hurts so much. But you don't care anymore. You sit down and you great everyone. Then you all have your typical breakfast. You laugh and talk about what they want to hear and you bit your tongue every time a true word slips.

 

A quarter to seven and you should be in your car to pick your "friends" and "girlfriend". So you get up to say you're goodbyes as you should and leave. You have a few minutes to take off your mask while you are driving in your car and the wind is playing with your hair. You breathe the true air and it feels so nice and you smile about the things you kept mom. Those are your favourite times. You got faster than what you would have wanted to but what could you do when you felt the itch to go as fast as you could?. There she is. She is so beautiful and so nice. And she loves you so much. The two of you are the envy of everyone. She is the girl that everyone's wants and you are the boys that everyone's wants. But you don't want her. You don't love her. You like her. But as a person and that's it. You did try because you wanted something real in this fake life you have been living.

 

You also tried with your friend but you failed. They are great and she is awesome but you, don't know why don't feel anything for them. Sometimes you did felt bad but you always push those thoughts as far as you can from your mind. Because that won't get you anywhere. You see her running to you. And you think damn she is the dream of every boy but not mine why?. But, you push that thought away, again, as far as you can you, buried it.

 

-Oppa!!

 

You have the same age but she still calls you Oppa some find it cute you find it annoying. Nothing is picture-perfect.

 

You open your arms to catch her even do you think of closing your arms and going to the car and run away from her. She doesn't deserve it. You think. But you still open your arms to catch her. She is all smiles and you are all fake smiles. You hug too long for you. Too short for her.

 

-Hani-ah did you miss?

 

-Oppa! How could you say that? Of course, I missed you, I missed you this big. And you?

 

You know the words by heart. You are like a voice recorder, that says almost always the same. Although you can put emotions to it. And you are a human being. But who cares at this stage?

 

-How can't I miss my beautiful Hani? It's impossible for me. I need you like I need to breath. No. I need you more. Because without you I can live.

 

-Watch it! The grease ball attacks!! Run for your lives!!

 

Mir one of your best friends appears and like always he says one of his comments against your greasiness. Like a recorder. All your friends are there. You act dumb like your girlfriend was the only thing that matters. But that's a lie and you know it, you knew they were there. Because she wasn't the most important. You press play and your words will come out as a spell but your mind wasn't there. You weren't there. You salute and you chit chat for a while. Everything as easy as ABC. You know what they want, which mask they desire and you give it to them and they are happy. And if they are happy you are not but who cares?. It's all worthy. You get what you want after they got what they wanted.

 

It's time to go you all get in your car and you drive to your school you are the kingkas of your school. You rule but you don't want to rule this way. This isn't you. You get down from the car and you go open your sweetheart door. She waits, you train her well. When she gets down you grab her hand while you peck her cheek. And she goes red. Even do this is the hundredth time you have done it. It's kind of cute, you think. You know their eyes are on you. You can feel it. You feel their envy and you get a sick pleasure from it. You have your best friend at you ri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter