Chapter 6

After a Minute

          “Did you boys enjoy the party?” Leeteuk asked after Heechul closed the front door and locked it.

          “Yeah, it was great,” Donghae agreed.

          “It wasn’t terrible,” Heechul added.

          “Yesung, Sungmin, did you boys have a good time with your friends?” Leeteuk asked his other two sons.

          “Yeah, Ryeowook and I watched movies,” Yesung informed.

          “What about you Sungmin, what did you and Kyuhyun do?” Leeteuk wondered.

          Sungmin remained silent and gripped his head. He was starting to get a massive headache from all the wine he drank. “Sungmin’s sleepy, he had a long night. I’m gonna take him to bed,” Yesung quickly lied as he helped the blonde to their bedroom.

          “We’re gonna go check on them,” Donghae said as he and Heechul followed Yesung and Sungmin.

          As soon as all four brothers were inside the bedroom, and the door was closed, Heechul demanded “Is he ing drunk?”

          “Yeah, he and Kyuhyun were drinking,” Yesung confirmed as he picked up the empty wine bottle that had rolled under Sungmin’s bed.

          “What, they were drinking?” Donghae asked.

          “Yep and that’s not all,” Yesung continued as he tucked Sungmin into his bed. “Kyuhyun kissed him.”

          Donghae and Heechul’s eyes widened, and their jaws dropped. “You mean like he accidentally fell on Sungmin and their lips met kiss?” Donghae asked.

          “Wouldn’t that be cliché?” Heechul muttered.

          “No I mean like open mouthed, tongue action, all up on the bed about to go at it kind of kiss,” Yesung corrected. “Kyuhyun was all on top of him, ready to take advantage of Sungmin when I walked in.”

          “Maybe it was a drunken misunderstanding,” Donghae suggested.

          “Or maybe Kyuhyun’s just trying to get in our brother’s pants. I mean Hell, the guy even looks like an evil bastard,” Heechul reminded.

          “Either way, he’s not welcome in this house anymore,” Yesung said as he sat on Sungmin’s bed and his blonde hair while the Korean teen slept.

          “Do Leeteuk and Kangin know about this?” Donghae wondered.

          “No, and I don’t want them to find out,” Yesung replied. “Look it’s been a very long night, why don’t we all just go to bed.”

          “Good idea,” Heechul agreed before he and Donghae went into their own bedrooms.

          Leeteuk and Kangin sat in their bed reading when Leeteuk asked “Do you think there’s something wrong with the boys tonight?”

          “What do you mean?” Kangin inquired.

          “I mean Sungmin was in such a rush to get to bed tonight, do you suppose he’s okay?” Leeteuk wondered.

          “I’m sure he’s alright. This is the first time in a while Sungmin has had a friend come over, so it probably wore him out,” Kangin suggested. “I don’t think we’ve got anything to worry about.” Leeteuk smiled at his partner before they headed to sleep for the night.

          Later that night, around two in the morning, Donghae was woken by his phone vibrating and lighting up with a text notification. It was from Eunhyuk.

          Eunhyuk: Hey dude, you awake?

          Donghae: Yeah, what’s up?

          Eunhyuk: Wanna come over and swim?

          Donghae: It’s two in the morning..

          Eunhyuk: So? I’ll come get you in ten

          Donghae sat up and thought, Leeteuk and Kangin aren’t gonna let me go over to Eunhyuk’s this late. But then again, he did want to go spend time with his new friend, especially since he was beginning to like him a lot more. “Maybe if I get back before they wake up, I won’t get in trouble,” Donghae said to himself as he got up and slipped into some swim trunks.

          A few minutes later, Donghae snuck out of his bedroom and crept down the hall. He heard Sungmin and Yesung’s bedroom door open, and saw Yesung led Sungmin to the bathroom. “Minnie, this is why you don’t drink,” Yesung whispered as Sungmin groaned and clenched his stomach.

          “Yesung, my tummy hurts,” Sungmin moaned before lurching forward and throwing up into the toilet. His body shook, and tears streamed down his face as he continued to vomit red liquid while Yesung gently rubbed Sungmin’s back.

          Donghae stepped out of the house quietly and walked down to the curb. It was dead silent outside, and the teen saw a boy on a motorcycle pull up next to him. Eunhyuk removed his helmet and said “Hey man, you ready to go?”

          “Yeah,” Donghae agreed as he climbed on behind Eunhyuk.

          “Here’s you a helmet,” Eunhyuk replied as he handed his friend an extra helmet. Donghae slipped it on, and wrapped his arms around Eunhyuk’s waist as the blonde revved up the motorcycle.  

          When they reached Eunhyuk’s house, the two walked inside, and Donghae noticed that the house was still messy from the party. “Looks like everyone had fun,” Donghae said.

          “Yeah, but now I have to clean it up,” Eunhyuk responded.

          “I’ll give you a hand before we swim if you want,” Donghae offered.

          “Thanks dude, I’d appreciate that,” Eunhyuk agreed before the two began to clean up the mess around the living room and kitchen. “So can I ask you something personal?”

          “Sure,” Donghae said.

          “Did you see anyone here tonight who you thought was cute?” Eunhyuk wondered. “Any girls catch your eye?”

          “Well, let me answer that question with a question; what if I told you that I’m not really that into girls?” Donghae inquired.

          “Wait, you’re gay?” Eunhyuk asked.

          “Yeah, I don’t know, I guess growing up in an all-boys home changed how I look at people. And if that’s not ironic enough, my adoptive parents are both males,” Donghae explained.

          “Don’t feel bad, I’m gay too,” Eunhyuk confessed.

          Donghae froze. His crush just revealed to him that their ual orientation was the same. “Really? Forgive me for saying this, but you’re too hot to be gay,” Donghae replied.

          “So are you,” Eunhyuk responded with a smile. The brunette grinned.

          “So have you dated anyone?” Donghae asked slowly.

          “No, no one I’ve been around has ever really caught my interest. Plus, I don’t’ tell a lot of people, not everyone would be happy to hear that one of the schools best basketball players like guys, the only other person who knows besides you is Hankyung, but that’s just cuz we’re on the team together, and we’ve been close friends ever since he transferred,” Eunhyuk explained.

          “Well if my secret is safe with you, then your secret is safe with me,” Donghae promised.

          “Thanks, that means a lot to me,” Eunhyuk replied.

          After they were done cleaning, Donghae and Eunhyuk walked out to the backyard where Donghae discovered Eunhyuk’s lit swimming pool. “This is nice,” the brunette said.

          “I know right, it really feels good after basketball practice, and when it’s really hot out,” Eunhyuk agreed before he took his shirt off.

Donghae felt his mouth slightly drop open as he looked at Eunhyuk’s bare torso. He was nice and toned, with muscular arms, and a solid built six pack. It took all of Donghae’s inner strength not to reach out and run his fingers over the blonde’s body. “You not gonna take your shirt off?”

          Donghae was brought out of his trance as he replied “Oh, yeah sorry.” He slipped his own shirt off. All he had to show was a flat stomach, a strong chest and arms, but no six pack like Eunhyuk.

          The two jumped into the cool, refreshing pool and began to swim around. Donghae had always loved pools; something about water always fascinated him, and he loved being surrounded by it as he swam deeper. Coming up to breathe, Eunhyuk asked “Feels good right?”

          “Yeah, feels great,” Donghae agreed. Eunhyuk swam over to the side and pulled himself up to sit on the edge and dangle his feet in the water. Donghae mirrored his actions and sat down next to him. “Must be nice getting to stay by yourself and have parties whenever you want.”

          “It gets old quick. Yeah I love hanging around people, but I feel like I’m keeping up an image I don’t want,” Eunhyuk informed.

          “What do you mean?” Donghae questioned.

          “Everyone around me, including my parents, want me to become South Korea’s next best basketball player, but to tell you the truth, that’s not what I want to do with my life,” Eunhyuk said.

          “Well, what do you wanna do?” Donghae inquired.

          “I wanna be a dancer in a K-Pop group, but with me already being seventeen, what group will take me, and what company would hire me?” Eunhyuk wondered.

          “That’s cool that you wanna dance, I enjoy dancing as well, but I love to sing,” Donghae admitted.

          Eunhyuk smirked. “We could start a duo, you and me, we’d be dancers and singers together,” he joked.

          “Yeah, we could do that,” Donghae agreed as they laughed at the idea. “What would we call ourselves?”

          “We could just go by Donghae and Eunhyuk,” the blonde suggested.

          Donghae laughed. “Okay, if we ever become rich or are ever able to start a group together, that’s what we’ll call it.”

          The two boys looked at one another. After a minute of silence passed by, Eunhyuk whispered “Donghae, can we keep another secret between us?”

          “Sure,” Donghae stated. Eunhyuk leaned his head over and kissed Donghae’s lips quickly.

          “Sorry, I didn’t mean to catch you off guard like that,” Eunhyuk apologized.

          Donghae responded by kissing Eunhyuk back. When they had finished their kiss, the two quietly slipped back into the pool and swam around again. As Eunhyuk was swimming underwater, he felt himself be turned. He faced Donghae, who grabbed his face and kissed him again. The blonde wrapped his arms around Donghae’s body as they floated to the top and broke for air. The two gasped quietly as they held onto one another.

          Eunhyuk leaned his head against Donghae’s before they swam over to the pool steps and got out. The two lay beside the pool on their towels and looked at one another. “Donghae, have you ever had an idea that you thought was crazy, and then after a minute, you realized it’s worth it?” he asked quietly as he slowly interlaced his hand with Donghae’s.

          “Yes,” the brunette agreed.

          “Donghae, I think you and I can make this work, and I really would like to give us a chance if you’re willing,” Eunhyuk explained.

          “Are you asking me to be your boyfriend?” Donghae inquired.

          “To put it bluntly, yes. But here’s the catch, we can’t tell anyone right now. I’m extremely nervous at how people will react,” Eunhyuk said.

          “Okay, we’ll tell everyone when you’re ready,” Donghae promised as he ran a hand gently down Eunhyuk’s abs.

          “You’re really something Donghae, I never thought I’d meet someone like you,” Eunhyuk replied.

          The two kissed each other once more before Donghae looked at his phone and saw it was a quarter to five. “I gotta get home, or else my parents are gonna find out I snuck out,” he informed.

          They slipped their shirts and shoes on, before climbing onto Eunhyuk’s motorcycle. “I’ll see you at school Monday,” Eunhyuk said before Donghae gave him one final kiss on the lips.

          “Okay,” Donghae agreed before Eunhyuk drove away and he walked inside. Going upstairs, Donghae found Sungmin and Yesung still in the bathroom. Yesung was leaned against the wall with his eyes closed, and Sungmin was sleeping with his head in Yesung’s lap. “Is everything okay?”

          “Yeah, Minnie got sick, so we’re staying in here until his stomach stops hurting and he gets everything up,” Yesung explained with a tired voice.

          “Alright, well if you need anything, come get me,” Donghae offered before walking into his own room.

          The brunette slipped back into his clothes and climbed into bed, just in time to see the clock strike five in the morning. He lay in bed and looked at his phone, reading messages between him and Eunhyuk. Donghae went into his contact information, and beside Eunhyuk’s name, he placed a blue heart there. Looking at his friend’s name with the heart beside it, Donghae smiled, blushed, and whispered to himself “I’ve got a boyfriend.”