Chapter 31

After a Minute

          Leeteuk and Kangin kept their promise and a few weeks later, once the weather had warmed up, they took the boys to an amusement park. Spring was in the air, which in a way was good and in other ways it was bad; the bad being Kyuhyun having to leave in a couple of weeks. The dark haired teen hadn’t even started packing yet, but his boyfriend was already starting to become depressed a little. Yes, he was still happy around Kyuhyun, but when he would stay the night, Sungmin would watch him sleep and silently cry to God not take Kyuhyun away from him.

          The group all filed out of their vehicles when they reached their amusement park destination. “Okay boys, now you each are going to have twenty five dollars to split amongst your respected couples. Kangin and I are going to be sitting over there on that bench watching you guys if you need us,” Leeteuk informed.

          The couples walked through the amusement park together, looking at all the rides and games that were available. “C’mon Eunhyuk, let’s go on all the rides,” Donghae said as he took his boyfriend’s hand and ran off to the first roller coaster they could find.

          “Kyuhyun, can we go get a snack?” Sungmin requested.

          “Sure Minnie, I’ll buy you some cotton candy,” Kyuhyun replied.

          “Oh boy I love cotton candy,” the blonde remarked as the two walked over to the concession stand.

          “C’mon Ryeowook, I want a pretzel,” Yesung stated as he dragged his boyfriend to another concession stand.

          “But Yesung, if we eat too much before we ride anything, our tummies will hurt,” Ryeowook reminded as the dark haired teen purchased a salt covered pretzel.

          “I don’t care, I want a pretzel, I’ll deal with the pain,” Yesung said as he took a bite before Ryeowook hesitantly took a nibble off the snack.

          Hankyung and Heechul walked all around the park, watching children play at all the games they had. Heechul smiled as he looked at the kids. “All these children look so happy,” he murmured.

          “I know, aren’t they adorable?” Hankyung agreed. “You wanna play one of the games?”

          “Sure,” Heechul replied.

          Walking up to a game stand, Heechul paid the owner a dollar and was given a hammer. “Just hit this as hard as you can, and if the cylinder rings the bell at the top, you win a prize,” he explained.

          Heechul took a big breath before raising the hammer high over his head and bringing it down hard. The small cylinder flew up halfway before stopping and falling back down. “It’s okay Heechul, try again,” Hankyung encouraged.

          The raven haired boy rubbed his hands together before picking up the hammer again and bringing it down as hard as he could. The small cylinder went up a little past the halfway point before falling back down. Heechul turned to Hankyung with a sad expression. “I’m not strong enough,” he muttered, lowering his head.

          “Don’t worry baby, I got this,” Hankyung promised before kissing Heechul’s forehead and taking the hammer from him.

          Hankyung cracked his knuckles before slamming the hammer down and hearing the sound of the bell ringing a few seconds later. “Yay!” Heechul cheered as he clapped his hands.

          Handing the hammer back to the stand owner, Hankyung grabbed a stuffed animal and handed it to Heechul. “Here, this is for you,” he said with a smile.

          “Aww, Hankyung, you won me a stuffed narwhal. That’s the nicest thing you’ve ever done for me; well that and have with me,” Heechul responded as a light blush flooded his cheeks. Hankyung laughed as he wrapped an arm around Heechul’s shoulders and led him to other stands.

          Kyuhyun handed Sungmin a stick full of pink cotton candy. “Oh my, it’s so light and fluffy,” Sungmin exclaimed as he bit at the treat.

          “I know right, really sweet but amazing,” Kyuhyun agreed. As Sungmin ate, a small piece of cotton candy got stuck on the tip of his nose. Smirking, Kyuhyun placed a hand on Sungmin’s face and whispered “You got some on your face.” Kyuhyun gently the pink fluff off his boyfriend’s nose.

          Sungmin smiled and kissed Kyuhyun’s lips. “You had some on the corner of your mouth,” Sungmin added as Kyuhyun grinned at him.

          The couples met up with Leeteuk and Kangin a few hours later. “You guys have got to go on this awesome ride,” Eunhyuk requested. “It is amazing.”

          “I don’t like roller coasters, they scare me,” Sungmin muttered.

          “It’s okay Minnie, I’ll sit beside you,” Kyuhyun promised.

          “Yesung, will you sit next to me?” Ryeowook asked.

          “Yes, I’ll hold your hand if you get scared,” Yesung stated as his boyfriend smiled.

          “You’ll go with me Hankyung?” Heechul wondered. Hankyung nodded. Heechul turned to his parents. “Leeteuk, hold my narwhal, I’m going up with them.”

          The couples walked over to the biggest roller coaster Donghae and Eunhyuk found. “Oh shisus, that’s a big roller coaster,” Ryeowook muttered as they stood in line.

          “Don’t worry, it’ll be over in a few minutes time,” Yesung promised.

          The boys soon were sitting down and strapping themselves in tightly. “Kyuhyun, I don’t know about this,” Sungmin said as he looked over at his dark haired boyfriend.

          “Minnie, it’s not going to hurt you,” Kyuhyun replied. “It’s going to feel like a big rush.”

          Heechul and Hankyung checked to make sure they were strapped in tight enough. After sitting there a few moments, Heechul stated “ this, I’m not going through with it.” Before he could get up, the roller coaster began to move. Ryeowook and Sungmin jumped from the suddenness of it, and covered their mouths.

          Donghae and Eunhyuk were cheering and high fiving each other. “Yeah, let’s go!” Donghae shouted as the roller coaster began to slowly climb up the steep hill.

          “Oh God, oh God,” Sungmin shrieked as he looked over the side of the ride.

          Kyuhyun took his hand. “Sungmin calm down and close your eyes. You’ll feel like you’re flying,” Kyuhyun suggested.

          The roller coaster suddenly stopped. “What happened, did it break?!” Heechul shouted.

          “Heechul calm down, it’s to build some suspense,” Hankyung stated.

          Ryeowook looked over at Yesung. “Why did you bring a pretzel with you on the ride?” Ryeowook wondered as his boyfriend chomped down on the snack.

          “I was hungry still,” Yesung stated.

          Before Ryeowook could reply, the roller coaster began travelling down the hill quickly. The boys all screamed. Kyuhyun looked over at Sungmin and laughed when he saw his boyfriend hiding his face in his hands. Donghae and Eunhyuk threw their arms in the air and cheered. Ryeowook gripped Yesung’s hand, as his boyfriend continued to eat his snack. “This is so scary!” Ryeowook yelled as he closed his eyes.

          “ this, I’m gonna kill you Kyuhyun!” Heechul shouted as he gripped the straps tightly.

          When the ride was over, Ryeowook and Sungmin sat there frozen, hands still covering their mouths and eyes wide open. “Wasn’t that great?” Kyuhyun asked Sungmin with a grin.

          The blonde sat there and didn’t move, his heart was beating quickly. “I wanna get off now,” Sungmin muttered. Kyuhyun laughed as he unstrapped his boyfriend and picked him up before carrying the blonde off the ride.

          Donghae and Eunhyuk high fived each other before getting off the ride and began to hold hands. “That was great,” Donghae said.

          “I know right?” Eunhyuk agreed.

          Ryeowook quickly undid his straps with shaky hands and stepped off with wobbly legs, while Yesung stepped off unfazed by the event. “Can we please not do that again?” Ryeowook requested.

          “Sure, c’mon, I’ll buy us another pretzel,” Yesung offered as he put an arm around his boyfriend.

          Heechul and Hankyung hurried off the ride. “Never again will I get on something like that,” Heechul stated as he dragged Hankyung with him away from the roller coaster.

          “But you looked so cute as you yelled,” Hankyung joked before placing a kiss on Heechul’s head.

          “Shut up,” Heechul replied with a smile as he leaned his head against Hankyung’s shoulder.

          Later that evening, the couples returned back the Kangin and Leeteuk’s house. Sungmin and Kyuhyun were upstairs in the bedroom while the other couples were downstairs watching a movie. “I can’t believe you have to go soon,” Sungmin muttered as he lay his head on the pillow and looked at his boyfriend.

          Kyuhyun gently ran a hand through Sungmin’s blonde hair and said “I know, I’m not ready for that big of a move. I’m not ready to leave you.” Kyuhyun leaned his head against Sungmin’s and kissed his lips.

          “I don’t want you to go; I’m attached to you, if you leave, I feel like my heart will stop,” Sungmin whispered.

          Kyuhyun raised Sungmin’s shirt slowly and placed a kiss lightly on his chest. “Minnie, your heart is special to me. I never expected you to be such a big part of my life; but now I’m so glad I got to spend the time with you I got. Please, please don’t do anything to hurt your body while I’m gone,” Kyuhyun quietly requested. “You’re my beautiful princess, and I will come back to you.”

          “You promise?” Sungmin asked as tears fell from the corner of his eyes.

          Kyuhyun placed a kiss on Sungmin’s stomach before nudging his face over Sungmin’s torso and running his fingertips up his back. “I can’t stay away from the love of my life forever,” Kyuhyun said. “I wanna be with you forever Minnie, and the minute I come back, that’s when our forever will start.” Sungmin cried as Kyuhyun kissed away the salty water droplets and his face. “This I swear to you.”