Chapter 5

After a Minute

          Friday rolled around, and after school, Yesung walked up to his brothers with Ryeowook by his side. “Guys this is my friend Ryeowook; he’s the boy from my math class, the really smart one,” Yesung introduced. “Ryeowook, these are my brothers, Donghae, Sungmin, and Heechul.”

          “Nice to meet all of you,” the brunette said shyly.

          “Nice to finally meet you too Ryeowook, Yesung won’t shut up about you,” Donghae informed.

          “Really?” Ryeowook asked as a small blush crept up his cheeks.

          “Yeah, all we hear is Ryeowook this, and Ryeowook that,” Heechul agreed.

          Sungmin walked up to Yesung’s new friend and looked at him closely. Ryeowook looked at Sungmin the same way. “He looks like me,” Sungmin whispered to Yesung.

          “What, no he doesn’t, I think you’re just seeing things Minnie,” Yesung replied as he looked at his friend and then at his brother. “Well, now that you mention it, you two are very adorable, but that’s about it.”

          The five climbed into Leeteuk’s car when he pulled up beside the curb. “Hi boys,” Leeteuk said as they all buckled in.

          “Hey Leeteuk,” the four brothers replied in unison, while Ryeowook remained silent.

          Looking in the rear view mirror, Leeteuk noticed Ryeowook. “Hello, you must be Yesung’s friend,” he realized with a smile.

          “Yes sir, I’m Ryeowook,” the brunette confirmed quietly.

          “Hello sweetie, you don’t have to call me sir, that’s too formal for me; you can call me Leeteuk,” Leeteuk said.

          “Okay,” Ryeowook agreed.

          “Leeteuk, Hankyung is gonna come pick up me and Donghae around six and we’re going to head over to Eunhyuk’s,” Heechul informed.

          “Alright, now since this is your first high school party, you guys can stay out til midnight but no later than that,” Leeteuk replied firmly. “If you can follow that rule, then next time you can stay out a little later. And no drinking and driving, if you need us to come get you, we will.”

          “Leeteuk, stop worrying, everything will be fine,” Heechul said irritably.

          “Heechul I’m just trying to make sure you two stay safe,” Leeteuk reminded.

          “Whatever, we’ll be fine,” Heechul muttered.

          When they reached home, the boys found that Kangin was already home as well. “Hi honey, did you get off work early?” Leeteuk asked as he hugged his mate.

          “Yeah, the boss let everyone start the weekend early,” Kangin explained before giving Leeteuk a kiss on the lips.

          Ryeowook dropped his jaw and looked at Yesung. “You have two dads?” he whispered.

          “Yeah, they adopted us,” Yesung said.

          “Wow, that’s so cool,” Ryeowook replied.

          “Who’s this?” Kangin asked as he noticed Ryeowook standing next to Yesung.

          “This is my friend Ryeowook, he’s gonna hang out here tonight,” Yesung informed.

          “Well nice to meet you Ryeowook,” Kangin said with a smiled.

          Ryeowook grinned as Yesung turned to him and stated “C’mon, let’s go to my and Sungmin’s room.” Yesung grabbed Ryeowook’s wrist and took him upstairs and down the hall.

          Sungmin sat in front of the window by the door, placed his arms on the windowsill, and rested his head on his arms. “What are you doing honey?” Leeteuk asked as he gently placed a hand on Sungmin’s shoulder.

          “Kyuhyun,” Sungmin muttered.

          “Oh, you’re waiting for your friend to get here?” Leeteuk wondered. Sungmin nodded before leaning his head against the window. “Alright, well when he gets here, just let me know.”

          “So this is mine and Sungmin’s room,” Yesung informed as he showed Ryeowook around the room.

          “Wow, it’s really nice,” Ryeowook complimented.

          “Thanks, do you like movies and videogames?” Yesung asked.

          “Yeah a little, I spend most of my time reading, so I don’t watch that many movies or play that many games,” Ryeowook explained.

          “Well how about tonight, we watch some of my favorite movies so I can show you what all you’ve missed,” Yesung suggested.

          Ryeowook smiled. “That sounds like fun,” he agreed.

          Meanwhile, Leeteuk was in the kitchen preparing snacks for the boys when Kangin walked up behind him and hugged his waist. “I have an idea,” he whispered.

          “What’s your idea?” Leeteuk wondered as he placed his hands on top of Kangin’s.

          “How about tonight we have a date night? We’ll go out and I’ll treat you to dinner and a movie,” Kangin wondered.

          “Honey we can’t go out tonight, Donghae and Heechul are going to their first party, and Yesung and Sungmin have company over. It would be rude if we left,” Leeteuk reminded.

          “Sweetheart, they’re sixteen years old, plus I think we should show them we trust them. If they destroy the house in any way, then we’ll ground them,” Kangin stated.

          “I don’t wanna have to ground them, that would make us mean parents,” Leeteuk replied.

          “No, it would make us responsible parents. We need to keep a balance between strict and fun,” Kangin said. “Now c’mon, we haven’t had a night to ourselves since we got the boys.” The man then gently kissed the back of Leeteuk’s neck, causing him to laugh quietly.

          “Okay, okay you’ve convinced me. We’ll go after Heechul and Donghae leave, and we’ll have to make sure to make it back before midnight,” Leeteuk agreed.

          Sungmin was about to fall asleep against the window, when he saw a taxi pull up by the curb near the house. “Kyuhyun!” Sungmin said aloud as he saw the dark haired boy step out of the car.

          Heechul, Donghae, Yesung, and Ryeowook heard Sungmin, and rushed to the front door, to make sure Sungmin stayed safe. Kyuhyun knocked on the door, and Sungmin opened it up, trying to contain a blush. “Hey,” he said.

          “Hi,” Sungmin muttered as he let him in.

          Kyuhyun looked and saw Sungmin’s brothers looking at him; Donghae with a straight face, Heechul with a hateful glare and crossed arms, and Yesung with narrow eyes. “I can obviously see I’m not welcome here,” Kyuhyun noticed as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

          “Ignore them,” Sungmin said quietly. “C’mon.” He led Kyuhyun to the kitchen and informed “Leeteuk, Kangin, Kyuhyun is here.”

          Kyuhyun felt his jaw drop slightly when he noticed Sungmin’s parents were both men. “Hello Kyuhyun, my name is Leeteuk, and this is my partner Kangin.”

          “You’re both guys,” Kyuhyun slowly said.

          “Yes, is that a problem?” Kangin wondered as he put an arm around Leeteuk’s waist.

          “No, it’s okay, just caught me off guard a little,” Kyuhyun informed.

          “Boys, can you all come in the kitchen please?” Leeteuk called.

          All of the teenagers sat down at the table as Kangin explained “Leeteuk and I will be going out for a little bit tonight, so Yesung, Sungmin, you and your friends will be here alone. Please do not break anything, set fire to anything, and if you go to the ER, call us immediately. Donghae, Heechul, we will be back before you two, so don’t even think about trying to break curfew. Does everyone understand?”

          “Yes sir,” the boys answered.

          A few minutes later, Hankyung pulled up and honked the horn of his car, signaling to Donghae and Heechul that it was time for Eunhyuk’s party. After the two left with Hankyung, Leeteuk and Kangin said goodbye to the boys and then left in one of their vehicles. As they drove down the street, Leeteuk looked back at their house in the rear view mirror. Kangin put his hand on top of Leeteuk’s and said “Don’t worry, they’ll be fine.” Leeteuk smiled with reassurance.

          “Okay, Ryeowook and I are going to stay in the living room and watch movies. Kyuhyun, if I even hear a tiny shriek out of Sungmin, I will kick you out of this house in a heartbeat,” Yesung threatened.

          Kyuhyun smirked. “Relax, I’m not gonna hurt him.”

          “You better not,” Yesung muttered before he and Ryeowook walked into the living room.

          “So what do you wanna do?” Kyuhyun questioned as they walked into Yesung and Sungmin’s bedroom.

          “Videogames,” Sungmin said.

          Kyuhyun’s eyes widened. “You like video games? You seem more like the bookish type like that nerd who’s with your brother,” he replied.

          “No, I like videogames; wanna play?” Sungmin offered as he handed a controller to Kyuhyun.

          “Sure,” Kyuhyun agreed as they sat on the bed and began playing.

          When Hankyung, Donghae, and Heechul pulled up to Eunhyuk’s house, they noticed that it was already in full swing. “Eunhyuk likes to start parties a little early,” Hankyung informed.

          “Are his parents okay with him having these parties?” Donghae asked.

          “Eunhyuk’s parents are art collectors and investors and spend about eight months a year travelling the world, so Eunhyuk usually has the place to himself for most of the year,” Hankyung explained.

          “Good Lord, look at all the people,” Heechul noticed.

          Hankyung placed a hand on top of his shoulder. “It’ll be okay, if you get uncomfortable, just text me that you want to leave,” he stated.

          The three walked inside Eunhyuk’s house and noticed the numerous strobe lights, neon lights, glow sticks, and glow paint everywhere. “Hey, Donghae, Hankyung, Heechul, glad you guys could make it!” Eunhyuk said loudly over the music as he greeted his new friends.

          “Dude your house is amazing!” Donghae replied in the same loud tone.

          “Thanks man, hey you wanna come over and get something to drink or eat?” Eunhyuk offered. They nodded and followed the blonde into the kitchen where it was slightly quieter, and where three tables were filled with a menagerie of food options. “Here, you guys need some glow sticks,” Eunhyuk said as he handed the three a handful of sticks each.

          Donghae took a small drink of water before saying “I don’t know about you guys, but I’m ready to dance.”

          “Not me, I’ll just hang out in here for a little bit,” Heechul responded as he took a drink from his cup.

          “I’ll stay in here with him and keep him company,” Hankyung offered.

          “Alright then, hey Donghae, let’s go dance,” Eunhyuk said before he pulled the brunette back into the loud room. The two began to dance wildly along with the fifty some odd number of guests Eunhyuk had invited.

          “I really like this song!” Donghae yelled to Eunhyuk as they danced.

          “Me too!” Eunhyuk agreed.

          “Do you know what it’s called?” Donghae questioned.

          “I think it’s called Skeleton. It’s by these two cool guys, but I can’t think of their names right now!” Eunhyuk responded.

          “Well they sound kickass!” Donghae said.

          “Yeah they do!” Eunhyuk approved as they continued dancing.

          “You okay?” Hankyung asked Heechul as the raven haired boy sat there in silence.

          “This is new for me, yet at the same time, it brings back a scary memory,” Heechul replied quietly.

          “What do you mean?” Hankyung asked, concerningly.

          “I can’t tell you right now,” Heechul said.

          “Alright, well you can just tell me when you feel like it,” Hankyung answered.

          Meanwhile, back at the house, Kyuhyun and Sungmin had just beat another level on their video game, when Kyuhyun paused the game. “What is it?” Sungmin asked quietly.

          “You got anything to drink?” Kyuhyun wondered.

          “Sure,” Sungmin said before leading Kyuhyun into the kitchen.

          He handed him a glass of coke before Kyuhyun replied “No, no I don’t want this, I need something stronger.”

          The brunette began looking around and noticed something on the high shelf above the stove. Getting a chair, Kyuhyun climbed on top of it and retrieved from inside the cabinet, a bottle of red wine. “What are you doing?” Sungmin asked.

          The brunette flashed the evil smirk across his face; the one that Sungmin just loved, and replied “Let’s have our own fun.” He climbed down off the chair, grabbed two glasses, and took Sungmin’s wrist before hurrying back to the bedroom. Kyuhyun locked the door and pulled out the cork from the bottle. He poured some wine into each glass and handed one to Sungmin.

          “We’re not allowed to,” Sungmin muttered.

          “Sungmin,” Kyuhyun whispered as he moved closer to him. The blonde shivered as he heard his name roll off Kyuhyun’s tongue. “Haven’t you ever wanted to try something even though you were afraid?”

          “Yes,” Sungmin agreed. He raised the glass to his lips and drank down the sweet, red liquid.

          It was around ten thirty, and Yesung and Ryeowook had just started their third movie. “This is one of the most fun nights I’ve had in years,” Ryeowook informed.

          “Good, I’m glad you’re having fun. You seem like you’re sleepy,” Yesung noticed.

          “Yeah, this is also one of the latest nights I’ve stayed up,” Ryeowook added.

          “You can lay down if you’re tired,” Yesung offered.

          “No, I’m okay,” Ryeowook declined.

          “Here,” Yesung said before taking a throw pillow and setting it on his lap. “You can lay your head here and stretch out on the couch.” Ryeowook hesitantly lay his head down on the pillow and turned to face the TV. He couldn’t help but blush as he felt Yesung set his hand on top of his arm. The brunette hoped Yesung wouldn’t notice his red cheeks in the dark room.

          Kyuhyun let the empty wine bottle drop to the carpeted floor. “Sungmin, do you like having two dads?” he asked, while his headed slowly bobbed back and forth.

          “Yeah, Leeteuk is a better mother than my real mom,” Sungmin replied.

          “How so?” Kyuhyun asked curiously.

          “He doesn’t yell at me all the time. He doesn’t tell me I’m worthless, and Leeteuk actually says he loves me,” Sungmin explained.

          “You’re mom sounds like a ,” Kyuhyun said.

          “I guess so, but I only had to deal with her until I was seven. Then I met Yesung, Donghae, and Heechul and everything was okay,” Sungmin agreed.

          “That explains why you’re so damn quiet; you’re afraid someone is gonna yell at you,” Kyuhyun realized. Sungmin nodded.

          Not knowing whether it was a drunken urge, or a secret desire, Kyuhyun lunged forward, grabbed Sungmin’s face, and kissed his lips. The blonde made a quick whimper at the shock of Kyuhyun’s actions, but closed his eyes and allowed the brunette to kiss him. Kyuhyun began to give him more intimate like kisses before gently pushing him down on the bed. He began to run his hands down Sungmin’s body, but was stopped when the bedroom door opened and Yesung stepped in.

          “What the Hell are you doing?!” he demanded as he pulled Kyuhyun off of Sungmin.

          “I was just giving him a kiss,” Kyuhyun replied before wiping some saliva off his lips.

          “Get out, and leave Sungmin alone!” Yesung ordered.

          Kyuhyun smirked before looking down at the blushing blonde and whispering, “I’ll see you at school Monday.” Kyuhyun then walked out, signaled for a taxi, and headed home.

          Not long after Kyuhyun left, did Ryeowook’s mom show up to get him. “Yesung, my mom’s here,” he called to his friend.

          “Alright, well I’ll see you Monday. Text me over the weekend sometime,” Yesung replied with a smile before discreetly squeezing Ryeowook’s hand and seeing him out the door.

          About eleven thirty, Eunhyuk’s party started thinning out, since most people had midnight curfews. “Thanks for inviting us,” Donghae thanked as they headed out to the car.

          “No problem man, thanks for coming. Did you have fun?” Eunhyuk wondered.

          “Yeah, it was great,” Donghae agreed.

          “Sweet, well I’ll text you sometime this weekend and maybe we can hang out, if that’s cool with you,” Eunhyuk offered.

          “That’d be awesome,” Donghae approved.

          “Great, well thanks for coming guys, drive safely,” Eunhyuk said as he waved goodbye to the three as they drove off.

          When they pulled up next to their house, Donghae noticed Leeteuk and Kangin had just pulled into the driveway. “I’m gonna go inside and let them know we’re home on time,” Donghae informed before getting out of the car and walking towards the house.

          Heechul undid his seatbelt and was about to open the door before Hankyung gently touched his arm. “Anytime you need someone to talk to, I’m just a text or call away,” he reminded.

          “Thanks man,” Heechul replied.

          “I’m really glad you came tonight Heechul,” Hankyung stated.

          “Me too,” Heechul said with a smile before getting out of the car and walking into the house as Hankyung drove away.