Chapter 36

After a Minute

          The next day, after Donghae kissed Eunhyuk goodbye, he walked into his classroom and noticed Kibum’s sudden appearance change. “Hi Donghae,” Kibum said as his friend sat down next to him slowly.

          “Oh, hey Kibum, you uh, you look different,” Donghae replied as he looked at the Korean teen.

          “Do you like it?” Kibum asked as he brushed his hand over his new blonde bangs.

          “Sure, it looks nice, kinda looks a lot like my boyfriend’s hair,” Donghae noticed.

          “Well his hair looked really cool, so I wanted to give the style a try,” Kibum lied.

          “The accuracy of how close you got that to Eunhyuk’s is really incredible,” Donghae complimented.

          “Well thank you Donghae, that means a lot coming from you,” Kibum responded. “Listen, this weekend their having a movie showing in the park, I was wondering if –”

          “Oh yeah, Eunhyuk and I will come,” Donghae agreed.

          “Well, do you think that maybe just you could come?” Kibum slowly asked.

          “Um, I guess so, what time?” Donghae wondered.

          “Eight fifteen, I’ll come pick you up,” Kibum said.

          “Okay,” Donghae replied. “Let me give you my address.”

          “It’s okay, I know where you live,” Kibum stated.

          “How do you know that?” Donghae questioned.

          “I asked one of your brothers,” Kibum lied.

          “Oh, okay then,” Donghae slowly responded before turning away from his friend.

          “You’re going out alone with this guy Friday night?” Eunhyuk asked that evening when they were at home.

          “Yeah, he just wants to go to the park and watch a movie, there’s nothing wrong with two friends watching a movie,” Donghae reminded.

          “Donghae do you remember what happens every time we try to watch Titanic? We get to the scene where Jack and Rose have in that carriage and once that scene comes up, we usually don’t finish the movie because you wanna do what they’re doing,” Eunhyuk responded.

          “I thought you liked it when we did that,” Donghae questioned.

          “I do, but the thought of some other guy possibly wanting to put his hands on you and be with you disgusts me,” Eunhyuk muttered as he placed his hands on Donghae’s waist and pulled him closer and kissed his neck before leaning their heads together. “I don’t want him to hurt you Donghae.”

          The brunette wrapped his arms around Eunhyuk and kissed his lips. “Just trust me, I’m not gonna get hurt, and I’m not gonna leave you Eunhyuk. I love you and only you,” Donghae whispered as he his boyfriend’s face. “You trust me, don’t you?”

          Eunhyuk nodded. “Of course I do, it’s him I don’t trust,” the blonde replied as he nudged his face against Donghae’s before kissing his lips again.

          Friday night, Eunhyuk watched his boyfriend get ready to go hang out with Kibum before joining the others downstairs. “I don’t know how I feel about this guy,” Heechul said as he leaned against Hankyung.

          “I know, did you see his hair, he just changed it suddenly,” Yesung added.

          “Not just that, it looks identical to mine,” Eunhyuk stated.

          “If I didn’t know any better, I’d think this guy was trying to become you Eunhyuk,” Hankyung joked.

          Eunhyuk froze and thought. “What if he is trying to become me?” the blonde muttered.

          “Eunhyuk, that’s crazy talk,” Heechul said.

          “Think about it, he changed his hair color and style to the exact same thing I had after Donghae told him he loved my hair, they’re going to see a movie after Donghae told him his favorite movie, I mean it’s like he’s obsessed with getting Donghae’s attention,” Eunhyuk replied.

          “Oh come on Eunhyuk, I think that’s a little far-fetched,” Yesung suggested.

          Suddenly, the doorbell rang. “Who’s that?” Ryeowook asked.

          “I got it guys, it’s Kibum,” Donghae announced as he walked downstairs and to the front door.

          “How does he know where we live?” Eunhyuk demanded.

          “He said one of you guys told him,” Donghae responded before opening the door to greet his friend.

          “Hi Donghae,” Kibum greeted, before turning to see Eunhyuk standing next to him. “Oh, I didn’t know Eunhyuk was visiting.”

          “I’m not visiting, I live with him,” the blonde mumbled wrapping his arms around Donghae’s waist.

          “Isn’t that sweet, are you ready to go Donghae?” Kibum asked.

          “Yeah, Eunhyuk, I’ll be back later tonight,” Donghae promised before placing a kiss on his boyfriend’s lips, and following Kibum.

          Eunhyuk watched as Kibum smiled and placed his hand lightly on Donghae’s back. The blonde turned back to his friends as he asked “Which one of you told Kibum where we lived?”

          “None of us, we haven’t said two words to the guy ever since we met him,” Hankyung promised.

          “So what, you think he found out where we live on his own? You think he stalked us or something?” Yesung wondered.

          “I knew I didn’t like this guy,” Eunhyuk muttered before grabbing his jacket.

          “Where are you going?” Ryeowook asked.

          “I’m gonna make sure this psycho doesn’t hurt my boyfriend,” Eunhyuk stated before slamming the front door shut and jumping onto his motorcycle.

          As Eunhyuk sped over to the park, Kibum and Donghae sat down on the grass and started to watch the movie. “Thank you for coming with me Donghae, not a lot of people will hang out with me or even talk to me for that matter,” Kibum said as he turned to the brunette.

          “No problem, it’s weird watching a movie without Eunhyuk though, it feels like it’s been forever since we’ve done anything apart,” Donghae explained.

          Kibum discreetly slid his fingers over Donghae’s hand before replying with a smile, “Well sometimes change is a good thing.”

          The two didn’t notice that Eunhyuk was sitting off to the side, his eyes glued on his boyfriend. When he saw Kibum touch Donghae’s hand, he stood up and confronted them. “Hey, what the do you think you’re doing?” Eunhyuk demanded as he shoved Kibum away from Donghae.

          “What the hell dude?” Kibum responded as he and Donghae stood up and looked at the blonde.

          “Eunhyuk, what are you doing?” Donghae asked as he pulled his boyfriend away from Kibum.

          “Donghae, please come home with me and stay away from this guy. He’s obsessed with you,” Eunhyuk explained.

          “Eunhyuk, stop it. I told you there’s no reason to be jealous of Kibum and I mean that. Now please leave us alone for the rest of the night,” Donghae requested.

          “Baby, please believe me,” Eunhyuk pleaded as he tried to pull Donghae closer.

          “And I told you to please trust me,” Donghae replied before walking away with Kibum. “I’m sorry my boyfriend got violent with you; he’s usually very pacifistic.”

          “It’s alright, I’m sorry he doesn’t trust you,” Kibum answered. “Listen, why don’t we just go back to my house and watch a movie there; we won’t have to worry about Eunhyuk interrupting our movie there.”

          “Okay, that sounds fine,” Donghae agreed as Kibum led him to his car.

          As they drove back to Kibum’s house, Eunhyuk followed them discreetly. He parked across the street from Kibum’s house and watched his boyfriend go inside with the teenager. If there was any kind of mischief going on, Eunhyuk was going to find out. Kibum led Donghae inside and offered “Would you like something to drink?”

          “No thank you, I’m alright,” Donghae rejected.

          “Donghae, can I show you something?” Kibum wondered.

          “Sure,” Donghae said as he followed Kibum down the hallway.

          “Alright, close your eyes,” Kibum requested. When Donghae obliged, Kibum led the brunette into his bedroom before closing the door. He turned the light on and said “Open your eyes.”

          Donghae opened his eyes, and widened them as his jaw dropped and he looked at the literal hundreds of photos of himself posted in Kibum’s room. “Is this me?” he muttered, feeling his breath leaving him.

          “Yes, do you like it? I made a collage of you, I even got some of you and Eunhyuk together,” Kibum informed. The brunette turned to leave, but Kibum stopped him. “What’s the rush, you just got here.”

          Donghae backed up from Kibum. “My boyfriend was right, you are obsessed with me,” he realized.

          “Not obsessed, addicted,” Kibum corrected.

          The brunette tried to run for the door, but Kibum grabbed him and pushed him down on his bed, pinning him down with his knees. “I did all this for you Donghae, I got close to you, I made my hair look just like Eunhyuk’s, for you. I can be your Eunhyuk now, we can start a relationship,” he whispered as he brushed his face over Donghae’s.

          Shivering, Donghae responded “No, you’re not Eunhyuk, you will never be Eunhyuk. I love my boyfriend, and he’s the only one I’ll ever be with.”

          Kibum narrowed his gaze. “I tried to go about this nicely with you Donghae, but now you’ve forced me to play rough since you’re playing hard to get,” he growled before he shoved Donghae’s shirt up and began to his pants.

          “No stop it, get off me!” Donghae shouted as he tried to push Kibum off him.

          The blonde slapped Donghae’s face. “Shut up, you’re the one forcing me to do this!” he yelled. Not two seconds later, he gently touched Donghae’s face and muttered “I’m sorry, I’m sorry I hit you, I didn’t mean that.” Kibum then and kissed Donghae’s cheek.

          From outside, Eunhyuk heard his boyfriend scream and knew something was wrong. He ran across the street and into the house. Eunhyuk rushed down the hallway and shoved his way into Kibum’s room, where he witnessed the Korean teen forcibly stripping Donghae. “Get the off my boyfriend!” he screamed before ripping Kibum off of Donghae. Eunhyuk slammed Kibum onto the ground and punched him in the face. “Stay away from him you freak! You come near him again, I’ll kill you!”

          Eunhyuk wrapped his arms around Donghae and held the trembling brunette close to him as he gazed at the pictures of himself and Donghae on the walls. He saw his face marked out on a lot of the pictures. “Oh my god,” he muttered. “I’m getting Leeteuk and Kangin to call the cops, this is ing scary.”

          Quickly, Eunhyuk got Donghae far away from the house and back to their home. They locked all the doors and informed Kangin and Leeteuk of the situation. As the parents called the police, the couple went upstairs to their room, where Donghae lay down on the bed and began crying. “I’m sorry Eunhyuk, I’m so sorry I didn’t believe you,” Donghae apologized as his boyfriend pulled him closer.

          “I’m sorry I didn’t stop him sooner. I can’t believe this guy almost hurt you,” Eunhyuk responded as he ran his hands up and down Donghae’s back and kissed his neck.

          “I told him I loved you and you only, and he just snapped,” Donghae informed.

          “I can understand why he’d wanna be with you; you’re y, funny, and amazing, but he’s a little too late cuz I have you,” Eunhyuk muttered as Donghae leaned his head against his chest.

          “And you’ll always have me. Thank you for protecting me, if you hadn’t followed us, he could’ve me,” Donghae said.

          “And I wasn’t going to let that happen. I love you Donghae, I’ll always love you,” Eunhyuk promised before kissing his lips.

          Donghae ran a hand through his boyfriend’s hair as he echoed “I love you too Eunhyuk; my one and only love.”