Chapter 19

After a Minute

          The next morning, Hankyung opened his eyes and found he was still lying next to Heechul. He smiled at his sleeping boyfriend, and held him closer in his arms. Hankyung gently rubbed Heechul’s back and kissed the top of his head. As Heechul slowly opened his eyes, Hankyung his face and whispered “I love you my beautiful Heechul.”

          Heechul grinned and buried his face in Hankyung’s neck as he placed another kiss on Heechul’s face. Inhaling his boyfriend’s scent, Heechul wrapped his arms around Hankyung’s back and replied quietly “I love you too Hankyung.”

          After a minute, Hankyung unraveled himself from around Heechul and threw his legs over the side of the bed. He stood up and collected his clothes; that were still damp with rain water. “Where are you going?” Heechul asked as he sat up.

          “I’ve got to go home,” Hankyung started.

          Lunging forward, Heechul grabbed Hankyung’s hand and pleaded “No, please don’t leave yet, please stay a little longer.”

          With a smile, Hankyung knelt down next to Heechul and whispered “I’ve got to go home so I can get a change of clothes before I come back over. I’m gonna spend the whole weekend with you, is that okay?”

          Heechul’s heart pounded as Hankyung kissed his lips again. “Don’t be gone too long,” Heechul requested.

          “I won’t, I’ll be back in an hour,” Hankyung promised.

          After Hankyung left, Heechul lay in his bed for a moment and rolled over into the spot where Hankyung had slept beside him. He felt Hankyung’s body warmth and smelled his scent that still clung to the bed sheets. Heechul himself got up out of bed, and slipped into some clothes. He walked downstairs to the kitchen where he found Donghae, Eunhyuk, Yesung, and Sungmin eating breakfast. “Hey, look who finally came out of his room,” Yesung said as Heechul sat down at the table next to them.

          Grinning, Heechul poured himself some cereal as Donghae asked “So I’m guessing you and Hankyung made up?”

          Heechul felt his face flood with red as he giggled “You could say that.”

          The four looked at Heechul, and realized what he meant. Yesung dropped his spoon; Sungmin covered his mouth, and Donghae dropped his jaw. “You guys had relations?” Sungmin whispered.

          “Yes Minnie, Hankyung and I had ,” Heechul confirmed.

          “Oh c’mon, Donghae they get to have , why can’t we?” Eunhyuk wondered.

          “Eunhyuk, I told you we’ll discuss it later,” Donghae quietly scolded. Eunhyuk began to pout before Donghae kissed his lips quickly.

          “So you guys are boyfriends again?” Sungmin asked.

          “Yeah we are,” Heechul agreed.

          “Oh good, I’m happy for you guys,” Sungmin said with a smile.

          “Yeah, he’s gonna come back over and spend the rest of the weekend with me,” Heechul informed.

          “So you guys are gonna have like a honeymoon weekend without the marriage part,” Eunhyuk figured.

          “Pretty much,” Heechul said.

          “You guys gonna do it again?” Yesung questioned.

          “Yesung, that’s rude,” Sungmin muttered.

          “It’s okay Minnie, yes I’m hoping we’ll do it again,” Heechul stated. “And please don’t tell Leeteuk and Kangin that we had . We’ll tell them when we’re ready.”

          “Dude I think they’d be happy just because you guys made up,” Donghae replied.

          An hour later, Heechul was upstairs, brushing his teeth, getting ready for Hankyung, when he heard a voice behind him. “Miss me while I was gone?”

          Wiping his mouth off, Heechul looked in the mirror and saw Hankyung standing in the doorway behind him. “Yes I did,” Heechul confirmed before turning and kissing Hankyung’s lips as he pushed them both into the bedroom.

          Hankyung dropped his stuff on the floor before placing his hands on Heechul’s waist. Heechul began ripping Hankyung’s shirt off of him, before Hankyung took Heechul’s hands and whispered “Heechul, slow down. We don’t have to rush it; we’ve got two days all to ourselves.” He kissed his boyfriend gently as Heechul let go of Hankyung’s shirt.

          “I’m sorry,” Heechul muttered.

          “What’s wrong, I can sense something is bothering you,” Hankyung asked as he tilted Heechul’s face up to his.

          Heechul pulled away, walked over to his window, and looked out. “There’s something I have to ask you,” Heechul said.

          “Alright,” Hankyung agreed as he took a step closer.

          “Does it bother you that I couldn’t give you my ity?” Heechul questioned.

          “What are you talking about? Have you been with anyone else?” Hankyung wondered.

          “You know I have; you know that when I was younger I was multiple times over a six year time span. My ity was taken from me by all those men, and I just –” Heechul stopped as tears began to spill down his cheeks.

          Hankyung hurried over to him and gently held Heechul in his arms. “It’s okay,” he whispered to his distraught boyfriend.

          “It’s not okay, I just wanted you to have that one special thing that no one else could have, but it’s already gone,” Heechul cried.

          “Heechul listen to me,” Hankyung quietly said as he looked into Heechul’s crying eyes. “You were against your will. You didn’t consent to anything that happened, right?” Heechul nodded. “Then if you didn’t willingly give it to them, then they didn’t take it. I view ity as something you willingly give away, if you were and couldn’t consent, then it wasn’t taken.”

          “You mean, I got to give it to you last night?” Heechul asked as Hankyung wiped the tears away.

          “Yes, I have your ity and you have mine,” Hankyung replied.

          Seeing Heechul’s eyes light up with happiness, Hankyung kissed him again. “That makes me happy,” Heechul muttered as he wrapped his arms around Hankyung and buried his face in Hankyung’s shoulder.

          “Did I hurt you any last night? I tried to be careful,” Hankyung wondered.

          “No, you were very gentle,” Heechul agreed.

          “Good, you’ve been through enough pain already for one lifetime,” Hankyung whispered as he ran his hands up the back of Heechul’s shirt and gently touched his wounds. “Heechul, have you ever wondered about your biological parents?”

          “Yes, I wonder if they remember me, if they even give a damn about how I’m doing. I sometimes wonder what life would’ve been like if they’d been good to me and actually loved me,” Heechul explained.

          “Heechul I know horrible things have happened to you, but if life didn’t go the way it did, we may have never met,” Hankyung reminded. “And I’m glad I met you, you’re a beautiful person and if I could, I would take every bit of pain that’s on you and put it on myself.”

          “I don’t want you to hurt yourself for me; I’m not worth it,” Heechul whispered.

          “You’re worth everything to me. Don’t ever think you’re invaluable,” Hankyung replied as he held Heechul’s face and kissed his lips.

          Heechul reached for Hankyung’s shirt again and took it off his body before placing his hands on his boyfriend’s waist. Hankyung ran his hands up Heechul’s back and pulled his shirt off too. Picking Heechul up, Hankyung gently lay him down on the bed and kissed him again as Heechul ran his hands over his back. “Are you sure you wanna do this again?” Hankyung wondered before they went further.

          “Yes,” Heechul muttered as he ran his hands up Hankyung’s chest. Hankyung smiled before leaning down and kissing him again.

          That evening, the two were lying in bed watching TV. Heechul had his head resting on Hankyung’s chest while Hankyung was gently running a hand through his hair. “Hankyung,” Heechul whispered.

          “Hmm,” he responded, looking down at his boyfriend.

          Heechul looked up at Hankyung and stated “I love you.”

          Hankyung grinned before replying “I love you too Heechul.” Then he placed a kiss on his forehead.

          “You wanna go get some food downstairs?” Heechul suggested.

          “I could eat,” Hankyung agreed.

          The couple got out of bed and put on their clothes before quietly heading downstairs. “What are you hungry for?” Heechul asked as he pulled Hankyung into the kitchen.

          “I don’t care, we can have anything,” Hankyung responded.

          “I can make us some ramen if you like,” Heechul offered.

          “That sounds good,” Hankyung said. As Heechul stood at the stove stirring the noodles, Hankyung walked up behind him and hugged his waist as he rested his head on Heechul’s shoulder. “You look so cute when you cook.”

          The raven haired teen laughed quietly as Hankyung kissed his neck. “Do you think life would be like this if we lived together?” Heechul asked.

          “I would hope we could live on more than noodles,” Hankyung joked.

          “Of course we would. We would have a happy life together,” Heechul replied. “Do you think we could get a cat?”

          “Sure, we can get a cat,” Hankyung promised. After a minute of silence, Hankyung asked “Heechul, do you think you’d ever want children?”

          Heechul turned to his boyfriend. “Do you want kids?” he wondered.

          Hankyung shrugged. “I don’t know, maybe,” he replied. “It’d be fun to be parents I think. We don’t have to adopt a baby, I mean we could adopt a child or teenager like your parents did.”

          “We’re not going to have one now are we?” Heechul asked.

          “No, no of course not. I want us to first of all finish high school, and second of all have a few years alone together before we bring another person into our lives,” Hankyung said. “We’ll start with a cat first and see if we can raise it okay, alright?” Heechul nodded before pouring the noodles into two bowls. They sat down at the table and quietly ate.

          When they were finished, the two went back upstairs. “Do you care if I use your shower? I wanna refresh before we go back to bed,” Hankyung asked.

          “Sure,” Heechul replied. Hankyung headed for the bathroom, but pulled Heechul with him. “What are you doing?”

          “I want you to shower with me,” Hankyung stated with a smile.

          Heechul blushed as he closed and locked the bathroom door. While the water was getting warm, the two undressed themselves. Heechul looked at himself in the mirror as Hankyung walked up next to him. “You okay?” he asked, gently rubbing the back of Heechul’s neck.

          “Yeah, I’m okay,” Heechul replied.

          “You’re thinking about your past, aren’t you?” Hankyung wondered.

          “Yes, every time I look at myself without a shirt on, I still feel like I’m about to get touched again,” Heechul muttered.

          “You are going to be touched, but lovingly, and by me and only me,” Hankyung whispered as he grazed his fingers up Heechul’s arms.

          The two got into the shower and felt the warm water flow over their bodies. As the water moved over them, Hankyung wrapped his arms around Heechul and gently pressed him back against the wall underneath the shower head. “It feels like we’re kissing in the rain,” Heechul noticed.

          “That’s a cute, cheesy way of looking at it,” Hankyung agreed before kissing Heechul once more. He grabbed a wash cloth and began to gently scrub Heechul’s back. The raven haired boy winced, causing Hankyung to pull back. “I’m sorry, did I hurt you?”

          “It’s not you, my back always hurts when I shower in really hot water,” Heechul replied.

          “I’m sorry, I can turn the heat down if you want,” Hankyung offered.

          “No it’s okay, I’ll get out so you can finish,” Heechul responded as he stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel and his clothes. “I’ll go wait in my room for you.”

          “Okay,” Hankyung agreed as he finished showering.

          Heechul dried his body and hair as he walked into his room, tossed the towel and his clothes onto the floor before lying back in bed. He listened to the sound of the water shut off, and a few moments later, Hankyung joined him. “Do you feel better?” Heechul wondered as his boyfriend lay down in bed next to him.

          “Yes, and now I feel even better since I’m back in bed with you,” Hankyung whispered as he lay on top of Heechul, held his face in his hands, and kissed his lips.

          “I really wish this weekend would never end,” Heechul muttered as Hankyung began to kiss his neck.

          “Me neither, this has been amazing, getting to spend two nights with you. It’s like a paradise for me,” Hankyung agreed.

          As Hankyung placed kisses on his chest, Heechul asked “Can we do this every weekend?”

          Hankyung laughed quietly before replying “Wouldn’t you get sick of me?”

          “How could I get sick of someone I love?” Heechul wondered as he ran a hand over Hankyung’s face.

          In the middle of the night, Heechul awoke suddenly, feeling his heart pounding, his body covered with sweat, and his breath panting. He sat up and looked at his surroundings. Looking down, he saw Hankyung lying beside him. “Heechul, what’s wrong?” Hankyung asked, noticing his boyfriend had a terrified look on his face.

          “I had a nightmare that you were gone and the minute you left, my parents took me back and made me do all those bad things again,” Heechul cried before Hankyung pulled him closer.

          Shushing him calmly, Hankyung lay back down with Heechul wrapped protectively in his arms and whispered “That will never happen. Your parents will never touch you as long as I’m here. I’ll keep you safe Heechul, safe and loved; trust me.”

          Heechul leaned his head against Hankyung’s chest and replied “I do trust you, do you trust me?”

          “Of course I do, and I promise that nothing will ever tear us apart. I’ll fight for you Heechul, I’ll die for you if I have to,” Hankyung promised as he ran a hand through his boyfriend’s raven black hair. Heechul smiled as he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep as Hankyung interlaced their hands together before falling asleep again.

          Sunday morning, Hankyung awoke and slipped his clothes back on as Heechul continued to sleep in bed. He knelt down and nudged his face against Heechul’s before giving him a kiss. “I’ll see you at school tomorrow,” he whispered before quietly leaving the house.

          A little while later, Heechul awoke and found Hankyung had left, but grinned when he found one of Hankyung’s shirts on his bed. There was a little note in the shirt pocket that stated ‘Hey Heechul, I left you my shirt so you’d have something to hold you over til tomorrow. I love you and I’ll see you tomorrow. Hankyung’. Smiling and blushing to himself, Heechul pressed the shirt against his face and inhaled his boyfriend’s scent, knowing Monday couldn’t come any sooner.