No Other Choice

If I Stay

“I’m not going to do it.” Yonghwa said immediately and turned away.

“But….but the management…..”

“Tell them I’m not doing it.” Yonghwa hissed. “And I will not repeat myself twice.”

“The thing is…” His manager stuttered and looked at him. “They already agreed with SM and signed a contract between the two companies.”

Yonghwa stared at him.

“Your opinion doesn’t matter.” His manager said quietly. “Since when did you have a choice? You should know this.”

Yonghwa breathed deeply, trying to calm his thoughts and his raging mind.

“Hyung, just tell me one thing. Did Cho Kyuhyun disagree too?”

“No…that’s the weird thing..”

“What do you mean?”

“He agreed to it as soon as the idea was proposed.”

 

*

Meanwhile, back in Yonghwa’s house, Seohyun was unpacking her belongings in her room.

“How is it going?” Taeyeon stood in the doorway of the room and smiled. “Need help?”

“No, it’s fine,” Seohyun hurriedly said and struggled to carry her clothes to the wardrobe. “Am I needed?”

“I finished all the chores for you so that you could unpack properly.” Taeyeon grinned and walked in. “You haven’t really used this room, have you?”

Seohyun nodded and looked around the room as Taeyeon droned on and on about the previous helper girls. The room was much bigger than her one back at home and it was around the same size of hers when she was still rich. It had a king sized bed, a big wardrobe and a pretty decent sized dresser. It also had a huge desk for her to study whenever she was not working.

Maybe moving in here was a good thing, she thought. I’m glad that I made this decision.

She smiled as she unpacked the rest of her things, and looked forward to spending the rest of the year in this house.

Taeyeon watched as she saw her grin to herself and sighed. “Yah, you’re not listening to me, are you?”

“Oh? I was!” Seohyun said. “Please continue with what you’re saying! It’s interesting.”

 

*

 

“You’re here.”Cho Kyuhyun slide into the van and grinned at Yonghwa.

“Why do you want to do this?” Yonghwa hissed, facing him. “I’m not going to do it.”

“Seems like someone still hasn’t got rid of that child-like temper.” Kyuhyun commented coolly.  “Do you think I want to do it too? The management already signed the contract; there’s nothing I can do. None of us can back out. Well, I won’t stop you if you really want to back out but think of the loss you will be causing to your company.”

“My manager told me everything.” Yonghwa said. “You agreed upon receiving the idea! Why? What’s your hidden motive?”

Kyuhyun laughed. “Hey, watch where you’re going with your words. I’m doing you a favour,” He smirked. “Being able to work with the all famous Cho Kyuhyun, it will be beneficial to you, Jung Yonghwa.”

“No, that’s not right.” It was Yonghwa’s turn to smirk. “Bring able to work with the all famous Jung Yonghwa whom won the Grand Awards,” he continued, “It will be beneficial to you, Cho Kyuhyun.”

As he watched Kyuhyun storm out of the van, he could already foresee trouble coming.

 

*

“As I was saying,” Taeyeon continued, “this room was actually not meant for helper girls. The helper girls before that year slept in the room behind the kitchen. You know the room that we use to store all the tools?”

Seohyun nodded. It was as small as a storage room.

“Then…why did Master Yong suddenly become so nice that year and let the helpers sleep in this room? It’s almost as big as his room!”

“The thing is, this room used to belong to someone else. Someone that he loved.”

“Who, his girlfriend?” Seohyun joked.

Taeyeon nodded.

“Oh…Did they break up?” Seohyun asked.

Taeyeon nodded again. “She used to use this room, so you might find her belongings in here somewhere. If you happen to find them……please don’t tell Master Yong.”

“Oh, to prevent him from being heartsick?” Seohyun smiled. “I understand. He still hasn’t gotten over her, has he?”

Taeyeon shrugged, and smiled. “Just give them to me if you find them. You can also hand them to Madame Jung”

Seohyun nodded.

“I’m going downstairs! Call me up if you need anything.”

Seohyun stared after Taeyeon as she left.

Master Yong in love?

She couldn’t help but wonder who was she, and how did they break up.

 

*

 

“You’re back?” Taeyeon called from the kitchen. Madame Jung got up from the couch and gave Yonghwa a hug.

“Yeah,” Yonghwa smiled.

“Dinner will be ready in a while,” Taeyeon called, and continued to scoop rice out from the rice cooker into the plates. Seohyun continued to stir the bean paste stew, and grabbed a spoon to taste it. “Mmmm! It’s good!”

“Really?” Taeyeon walked over and sampled it. “Wow! Not bad! You’re good at cooking!”

“What’s all this commotion about?” Madame Jung walked into the kitchen. “Hey! Is that bean paste soup?”

“Yeah, Hyun made it.”

“That’s good! We never have bean paste soup for dinner, and it’s a pity because Yong and I used to eat it all the time.”

“Why don’t you eat it now?” Seohyun asked, puzzled.

“That’s because Taeyeon doesn’t know how to cook it,” Madame Jung laughed, causing Taeyeon to blush. “From now on, you’re responsible for making bean paste soup, okay?”

Seohyun nodded and laughed alongside with her. She missed this family atmosphere so damn much.

 

“Come over and sit with us!” Yonghwa called, and patted the chair next to him.

Seohyun smiled politely and sat next to Taeyeon. “It’s okay, I’ll sit here. That’s meant for Madame Jung,” she smiled.

“As expected, Seohyun, you  still are so polite. You haven’t changed in all these years,” Madame Jung smiled affectionately at her.

“You knew her before this?” Yonghwa asked.

“Yeah, Madame Jung was the counsellor at Hyun’s high school.” Taeyeon said.

“Ah….which high school?”
 

“Jeguk High.”

“I see. By the way, today something really bad happened….” Yonghwa sighed.

“Wae?”

“I got a offer to collaborate with Kyuhyun. And what’s worse is that the contract has already been signed.”

Seohyun’s heart went cold. Both Taeyeon and Madame Jung, knowing that Seohyun was Kyuhyun’s ex girlfriend, quickly glanced at her to make sure that she was okay.

Oh…well that was too bad!” Taeyeon laughed, and quickly tried to change the subject. “Let’s start eating! The beanpaste soup is getting cold. It’ll be bad if Hyun’s efforts go to waste.”

Madame Jung shot Seohyun a look. “Are you okay?” She mouthed.

“Yea,” Seohyun mouthed back, and gave her a reassuring smile.

Why did it still hurt her after all those years?

---

 

A/N: By the way, guys, "her" is NOT Hyun. I have mentioned her name once in the story, though, reread if you can't wait for the next chapter! ~

Hope that you're enjoying the story and I am open for feedback ^^