Bad Days, Again & Again

The Unexpected Encounter:Me And My Annoying Brother

     We were both silent while we were driving back home. Jongdae drove the car and I sat behind him. For the first time in my life I felt useless and empty. Yes, Emptiness was all I could feel in me. Though I had money and popularity, those never mattered. That’s when I realize that I have lost more than I gained. No, I haven’t gained anything as important as the things that I’ve lost. JiHyun. JiHyun. JiHyun. That name repeated inside my head.

“We’re here” Jondae announced as we got back to my home. As he got out of the car to open the gate, my eyes caught a commotion in front of my house. It was that grandfather’s house. There were a couple of people around his house and I was curious about what had happened. Then I saw Jondae walking towards that direction even without opening the gate. I kept my eyes glued on him. As he was talking with someone in the house, I saw him being panic and running into the house. After some time he returned, with a dark cloud over his head.

“What happened?” I asked politely.

“He has passed away this morning” Jondae answered and drove the car into the garage. I knew who he meant and I didn’t want to talk any further about that, so I kept silent. As soon as we came into the house Jondae called Tao to inform him about the grandfather’s death. I’m sure he had cried through the phone. That kid is a fountain of tears.

“I’ll go and fetch him here” Jongdae said as he put his phone into his pocket.

“Huh?” I was puzzled.

“He wants to come back as soon as possible” Jondae explained. “Even if I go now, it’ll be night when I reach there. So we’ll come back tomorrow”

“What?No!” I insisted.

“Why not?”

“I wanna come too” As I replied Jondae kept looking at me in a serious way and he seemed quite surprised. “What?”

“It’s just…unexpected” He widened his eyes while I smiled weakly. “JiHyun sure have changed a great deal  of this guy”

“Tsk! Stop it!”

 

    I got ready to go to Tao. I really wanted to meet him. My heart craved for the company of that annoying kid. Maybe he would be able to help me forget JiHyun by keeping me busy. As we drove pass the city lights, I was thrown back into my thoughts. I thought about my life this far, about JiHyun, Luhan, Jongdae and Tao. And mostly about myself. I never really understood myself at all and when I did, I was too late. That’s it, the story of my life.

“You should have replied her” Jondae’s voice broke through my wall of thoughts.

“Who?” I was too panicked even to understand.

“JiHyun. JiHyun! Which girl would text you, except that one?” Jondae rolled his eyes.

“Well, there is Mrs.Choi” I told out of nowhere.

“Well. She isn’t a girl, is she? That’s why we call her Mrs. Choi and not Ms.Choi” Jondae smirked, making me feel uneasy. “Tsk! The famous actor can’t even find a girl”

“I found one, okay?” I retorted.

“Really? Did you?” Jondae smiled evilly. “Anyway, you really should have texted her back”

“How do you know that she texted me?” I was surprised to hear those things from Jondae. How can he know?

“Because I was there with her when she texted you” I was way too excited.

“D-Did you talk with her? What did she tell you? Did she mention me?” I started to pour out my curiosity without even stopping.

“Woah!Woah! Calm down,man!” Jondae smiled brightly at me. “She was just depressed I guess since she didn’t receive a reply from you when she texted you first. And then after some time she took a deep breath and texted you again.”

“What? Did she texted me twice?” I was totally behaving like a . I took my phone and checked my messages. And there it was one unread message FROM JIHYUN! Then I remembered that I received a message on my way to airport.

Kris, Are you on your way to here? I’m waiting!

-JiHyun

 


 

Hey guys!!! Here's a short update!

Sorry for late updates! Forgive me! These days I'm busy getting ready for an exam, which kind of decides my future. And it'll end at the 18th 0f December.So yeah you'll have to wait.

Okay then! Bye!