You Can Stay!

The Unexpected Encounter:Me And My Annoying Brother

 

 I went back into my room and decided to take a shower as I felt a little tired. As the water went down my body, I started thinking about that boy, Tao. It kinda made me laugh. How stubborn is he? Talking of being stubborn, I am the biggest deal. I’m definitely more stubborn than he is or anybody else in this world. When it comes to this subject I always remember that one person who’s my stubbornness had most effect on, Ji-Hyun. She really never gave up on me, no matter how hard I tried. I told her things that a man shouldn’t have told to a soft-hearted lady like her in the first. Ah~~ stop it! Why am I like this again? Step out of it already!

             After the bathe, I entered my room to find it clean and neat. Everything was in its place. Tao had cleaned it and it was even better than it was before. I smiled at the thought that this wide-mouthed boy was good in things like this. Though it was unacceptable, I had to believe in reality.

          I put on some clothes and jumped on the bed to finish reading the book I started reading long ago and couldn’t finish due to the busy life I led. There’s no way I can finish this today. I’m already feeling sleepy. After an hour or so a gentle knock on my door, distracted me. “Come in” I shouted, still on the bed, too lazy to walk up to the door, which seemed miles away though it was only a few meters away. The door opened with Tao’s head popping behind it. Though I enjoyed his behavior when I was alone, I felt annoyed when I saw his face. Maybe because that was my first expression of him. Annoying!

“Aren’t we eating dinner?” he whispered in a cute manner that I couldn’t even hear him properly.

“What?” I yelled at him because I always had this disease-like thing where I cannot bare to listen to the people that annoy me  and I always end up yelling. “Will you talk a little louder? I can’t hear a thing you say!”

“AREN’T WE EATING DINNER?!!!” This time he kinda roared making the whole house shake.

“YAH! Why are you shouting now? Keep your voice down” I closed the book and placed it on the bed. And glared at the kid.

“Aren’t you the one who told me to talk louder?” he retorted in confidence.

“Talking louder doesn’t mean shouting until the earth quickens” I felt tired of his stupidity.

“Well, the earth didn’t quicken, did it?” he said looking down at the floor like some kind of explorer.

“Uh-” I covered my face with a pillow as I felt like wanting to run away from the stupidity of people. I really felt like wanting to cry.

 

We ordered some pizza and waited for it at the living room. I was reading a news paper and Tao was just sinking in the river of boredom. I didn’t really care though. First he sat on the couch with me and then after some time he got up and walked forward and then backwards in front of the couch with his hand behind his head.

“It’s late, isn’t it?” he was surely trying to start a conversation. Knowing that, I didn’t dare to utter a word because it would definitely end up making me angry. Tao, finding out that his tricks won’t work, sat down on the couch beside me again.

DING DONG!

 

As the bell rang, the boy ran towards the door in excitement. I followed him knowing that no matter how excited he was I’m the one who has to pay for it anyway. We’ve ordered 2 pizzas; one for me and one for him. But he ate almost a half of my pizza too.

“YAH! Take your hands off from my pizza” I shouted as I moved my pizza away from him.

“But I’m still hungry” he uttered with his mouth full which was disgusting.

“YAH! Eat what’s already on your mouth first”

 

“Hyung~ I mean sir, can I ask you something?” Tao looked as if he’s begging.

“Go on” I pretended not to care.

“I’m in a need of money.” he continued. “Can you help me find a job? Just until I find my father” the look in his eyes was serious and it was clear that whatever he said was not a joke. Need of money?~

“Money? Of course I can help you.” I looked straight at him. “I’m also looking for someone to keep my house clean and tidy. If you want you can apply for it and I’ll pay you monthly. How about that?” To be honest, it was my way of giving him permission to stay.

“Really? Really!!!! I accept it. I do! I do” the boy jumped around in happiness making the house noisy again.

“Yah, It’s not like I asked you to marry me. So stop jumping around, shouting ‘I do, I do’, got it?” I uttered in the coolest way possible.

“You know, you are kinder than you seem” his eyes were glittering with happiness. No! He was thankful than happy. But wait what did he say?~

“Yah! Now that you accepted the job, Clean the kitchen first. And I’ll tell you the rest tomorrow” I got up. “And don’t you dare disappoint me. Everything should be cleaner than ever, got it, knucklehead?” And then I walked away with my hands in my pockets.

“You surely are a heartless ape” he whispered. At least he thought so.

Heartless ape! He does come out with good pet names. Should ask him one for my manager! I smiled to myself. Though I hate to do it, I have to admit that I’m glad I made someone happy in my life. At least one. But on the other hand, I wasn’t able to make the person I loved the most happy. Ah there you go again. Get away from me!