Giving Up

The Unexpected Encounter:Me And My Annoying Brother

 

“You alright?” Jongdae asked me while driving, his eyes still focused on the road. But I can feel that he was concerned about my situation. To be honest, I was not in the mood to answer that question. Because I knew that I had lost my chance in the most unfortunate way. It’s like I threw my own luck away. It’s funny that she waited for me even after all the things I did. That maybe what you call true love.

“You can text her back now, you know” He said again, this time looking at me and then at the road.

“Text her?” I was quite hesitant about his suggestion. Should I?

“Yeah go ahead and tell her that you’ll come for her” Jondae seemed excited. He was trying to encourage me. Something didn’t feel right about the idea.

“No, I can’t do that” I uttered in a low voice. “Then what would happen to Luhan?”
“Then why did you run all the way to the airport with your pajama this morning?” He kind of threatened. “Didn’t you remember Luhan then?”

“I just forgot why I held it inside for so long at that moment. I just couldn’t help it” I explained. I had no spirit. Just lost it somewhere in the airport. “I’ll give up. I’ll give up on her”

 

           Jongdae didn’t talk much after that. He just kept on driving. And at about 8 o’clock at night we stopped to have a little meal at a small town’s restaurant. We ordered our meals and sat in an outside hut which belongs to the restaurant. It was refreshing, the night breeze. I was completely in love with it when I remembered an old business that I had to fulfill. I looked at Jongdae, who was gazing at the sky like he was recollecting old memories. This guy….

 

“Jongdae-ya” I finally decided to talk.

“what?” He seemed annoyed, not wanting to listen to me.

“Remember our old days?” I asked, looking at the sky as well.

“No, of course not” he glared at me. “You and Luhan are the only people who can remember, right?”

“Don’t be a child” I hit him on the head. And it brought some memories back. I used to hit him a lot! I smiled at the thought.

“What?!!!” He asked again, almost childishly.

“It’s just….you haven’t changed” he looked at me as I stated. “Not at all” he may have been out of words that he didn’t say a word and looked back at the sky. We both were silent until I said: “Jongdae-ya, Miyanhae!”

 

            Jongdae didn’t say anything. So did I. But I could see him trying to keep the tears away from his eyes by sniffing every now and then.  I kinda felt guilty for keeping him away from him even though I knew that he worked hard to get closer to me, to be my manager. Jongdae used to be a playful, talkative kid. And I made him a strict, hard working man. See the difference?

 

             As we finished eating we walked back to the car in the car park. There was no one at that time and we both walked silently. Then suddenly Jongdae stopped. I turned to him .

 

“What?” I asked, curious.
“You know what? You can be better than this” He said, looking straight at me. But I couldn’t understand anything at that moment.

“Huh?”

“I mean you are better than you show. You just don’t know how to express your feelings” I was clueless, looking at him. “Now let’s go! We have a long way to go” I was still stunned to hear that from Jongdae. I wasn’t gonna move unless Jongdae dragged me along.  Even inside the car I was just looking at Jongdae, still amazed. I don’t know what had happened to me?

 

“Never heard anything like that?” Jondae asked finally.

“Of course not” those words came out without even thinking. “But” I remembered something. “But Tao had said something similar to that”

“Really? What did he say?”

“That I’m better than I seem”

“Woah that kid! He understands people easily, doesn’t he?” Jongdae chuckled. “ So treat him nice when you get there.” I just smiled. Of course I’m not gonna be nice! He has to pay for leaving without telling me, right? And fighting is our thing!

 


So yeah!

COMMENTS PLEASE! =D